Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Akerman H10Mb wheeled excavator new to me!

Anthony Tinsman ยท 2019-12-07 16:55

New to me Akerman H10Mb wheel excavator, in need of operational and technical data. Appears to be a USA made one, Reg # 8003.

Replies12
  1. #1uffex2019-12-08 01:48

    Good day Anthony American machines were produced at the former Hien Warner plant, the nearest spec I have I attchehed - the operator instruction was part of the parts book I will check with old contacts not to sure if I can help with that one. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Anthony Tinsman2019-12-08 06:28

    Thanks, the quest has begun, it is a marvelous piece of engineering, found this pdf @volvo website. Found the fuel tank fill, found the pump to fill the hydraulics but not the guage? The tri-pump drive @ the engine is leaking, I'm assuming one of the 3 pumps seals is leaking into the drive housing, it has a dipstick and is overfilled so need to figure that out. Don't know on the brake fluid yet? Some of the controls/switches are labeled, some not, some in swedish.

  3. #3uffex2019-12-08 09:21

    Good day Antony Yes that spec. is a later version, not sure what you mean by the fuel pump this was driven by servo pressure nothing worked if it was left switched on. From what you are saying I guess the pumps are leaking hydraulic fluid into the pump gearbox (EP90 gear oil) often this was caused by blocked leak oil filter although sometimes the pump shafts needed speedy sleeves to fix the issue, there was a diagnostic procedure to establish if just one pump was responsible or all three leaked, we have some information on file just drop me a line what you need. I have asked a old contact if he has the parts book if he can help I will see if we can get it to you. Is it not interesting that the three pump system used by Akerman has recently been adopted by Hitachi I guess what gies round comes again. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Anthony Tinsman2019-12-08 11:10

    Greetings, ok the fuel fill cap is gravity feed from outside, got that figured out. The hydraulic tank fill has a hand pump and valve in the 3 pump area and my question is where is the indicator so I dont overfill? I looked at the hydraulic tank haven't found an indicator yet? I will check/change hydraulic filters as I find them to eliminate that from the troubleshooting process on the gearbox oil leak Yes it would appear that one or more of the pumps could be leaking into the gearbox? got some PDF's sent to me, not model specific but still usefull information. I'm gonna get real good at translating Swedish! Thankful for google translate. If you want I will upload them.

  5. #5uffex2019-12-08 11:20

    Hi Anthony The hydraulic fluid level indicator is in the pump house - open the door on the right side at the top there should be a clear plastic tube with some arrows to indicate level, it may be after this time something has happened in that area i will try to find a illustration. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6uffex2019-12-08 11:30

    Good day This may help Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7Anthony Tinsman2019-12-08 17:15

    Exactly as you said, about 4 inches from low mark right now, thanks!

  8. #8mike9442020-05-07 07:59

    Did you ever find a manual/parts book? Just seeing this post now. I have scanned manuals (mostly parts books) from both an H10, and an H10B. As far as i know, akerman didn't really have a real manual, it was just section 1 of the parts book. the PDF is too big to post or email, i can probably put it onto a google drive or some other place. Let me know if you still need it.

  9. #9uffex2020-05-07 08:30

    Hi Mike Sorry that was not forthcomming I have another avenue I can try give me a couple of days and i see if I can help. Akerman did not support there products with manuals the parts book was also the manual wiring dia - Hydraulic dia - operators instructions & service instructions. I surrendered my copies to Volvo when Akerman was taken over but let me see if I can help some. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10uffex2020-05-07 10:35

    Hi Mike sorry got the wrong end of the thread appreciate a copy if you can help out sometimes still get requests for the Akerman info. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Anthony Tinsman2020-05-07 13:58

    Never found a parts book/manual yet, any help is appreciated.

  12. #12Anthony Tinsman2020-05-07 14:02

    It would be a huge boost to have an operation manual, lots of switches, levers and pedals. Never cared to do experimenting with expensive equipment. Oh, the hydraulic pumps leak have stopped, could have been caused by setting. (knock wood)