Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Akerman H12b wiring

Scott b · 2022-06-15 10:41

I’m wondering if anyone has a schematic for this excavator. I have the original manual but the diagram in that is hard to read and shows no fuse values or things like that. It’s blowing fuses back at the motor junction. The machine is néw to me and It looks like somebody was trying to fix it? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2022-06-15 12:09

    Good day Scott 10B attached from memory, it is much the same, if you need any more drop me a line. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Scott b2022-06-15 13:27

    Thanks, that looks like it will be helpful. I guess what I had was more a parts diagram.

  3. #3Scott b2022-06-16 11:34

    Hi, it seems to be a good bit different in the connection terminal board at the motor. I will upload a picture of my mess.

  4. #4uffex2022-06-16 14:39

    Hi Scott Your mess is the junction of the engine and machine wiring harness see 12>14 in the diagram, can I ask what is the actual problem you have I can maybe help in that direction. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Scott b2022-06-16 17:43

    I recently bought this and it had been sitting for at least 12 years. The guy kind of inherited it. He got it going somewhat. When I got it he was starting it by jumping the hot from the key to the out going of the start button. Then the machine ran good but wouldn’t steer. I found that the coil portion of the high low speed selenoid valve was missing from the valve and the plug just hanging. I found a valve on eBay that hopefully will work. I’m trying to get the key and start button working. I found it was blowing a fuse back at the motor connecting area. I the start relay is not passing voltage to the start button with the key on. I tested the relay and it works. Seems like it’s not getting ground maybe from the warning light panel?

  6. #6uffex2022-06-17 03:50

    Good day Scott It will take me a while to assemble some information for you as those days were always hard copy's no digital information on file. If you like to drop me your Email by PM you will get a quicker response. Kind regards Uffex