Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AL6 Error Code on Hyster W40Z

Linda Christina ยท 2018-02-26 01:16

Hi Guys, I have a Hyster W40Z Forklift. Today suddenly it stopped and displayed an error code "AL6". Does anybody know what AL6 is? Thanks for your help.

Replies4
  1. #1Linda Christina2018-02-26 03:19

    Hi Guys, I have a Hyster W40Z Forklift. Today suddenly it stopped and displayed an error code "AL6". Does anybody know what AL6 is? Thanks for your help.

  2. #2digger242j2018-02-26 05:31

    Ok, I'm confused. You reported one of your own posts, and asked that it be deleted, which is fine. But you said you, "Wrongly typed AL5 instead of AL6" but when I went to the "reported" post, it was the one for error code AL6. I don't want to delete the wrong one, so I just merged the two threads, under the title with AL6 in it. Feel free to confirm that that's correct, and everybody can just go from there.

  3. #3laycobeau2018-02-26 11:29

    Dash display: AL6 Condition: traction and hydraulic functions not working Cause: damaged connection to traction motor; traction motor armature resistance is too low; field wires are loose or damaged; motor field winding is shorted or too low Solution: check electrical connection between traction motor, field wires, and controller; check traction motor armature for shorts; check motor field resistance and correct if not between 0.5 and 1.5 ohms; check contactor coil for resistance of 52 ohms

  4. #4Patricia Margaret2018-03-22 05:04

    Code AL6 is displayed when there is a damaged connection to traction motor; traction motor armature resistance is too low; field wires are loose or damaged; motor field winding is shorted or too low Solution: Check electrical connection between traction motor, field wires, and controller; check traction motor armature for shorts; check motor field resistance and correct if not between 0.5 and 1.5 ohms; check contactor coil for resistance of 52 ohms You can check out store.intellaliftparts.com to learn more about error codes and how you can solve them.