Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions I'd like ask. But first I'll go through some background information. I'm trying to apply for a heavy equipment operators course being put on by Imperial Oil, and for the application process they require each applicant to 'interview' 3 heavy equipment operators. I've found it challenging to find any to ask any questions, so I found this forum. The program is mainly for mine equipment (797's, dozers, graders, etc) so if anyone has any experience with those and would like to help me out, that would be hugely appreciated! The questions are: What are the hours of work? (shifts, weekends, overtime, availability) What are the places of work? (environment, sectors, location accessibility, paperwork/academics, workplace expectations) What are the physical expectations? (strength, daily tasks, fitness level, challenges) What are some of the occupational health and safety considerations? (health risks, workplace risks, long term effects, work/life balance) What does a day look like for a heavy equipment operator? What do people actually do? Thanks so much!!
Welcome to the Forums Haletter!:drinkup We have a lot of mining operators on the Forum that can answer your questions. Best of luck!