Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Alkota pressure washer issues….

Tags ยท 2020-04-02 22:23

I have an older Alkota hot water pressure washer and it does not get used a lot. When you first turn it on and pull the trigger, it has pressure for a split second, then looses pressure, sounds like it maybe cavitatates (growls)for a few seconds, let off the trigger, growling stops,will have pressure for a few more seconds, then cavitate (more growling), let off, then pressure longer than the first time until it has pressure and runs fine. Tonight I was trying to use it and the damn thing did not want to play nice, I was going though the pull trigger then wait song and dance and it never kept up the pressure. Wondering if there is an air leak or a "priming" issue. I had it serviced about 2 maybe 3 years ago and they installed a new pump at the time, but it did this same nonsense before the pump replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies4
  1. #1petepilot2020-04-02 22:31

    its not getting enough water

  2. #2Tags2020-04-02 22:57

    The small on board water tank with the float shut off is constantly full. Maybe a restriction in the line to the pump?

  3. #3AzIron2020-04-03 00:07

    Unloader valve might be shot they have a hard time with air when they get weak and get stuck open solved the problem on my steam cleaner last year I think it's about 150 bucks The only other thing could be if there is a lift pump between the tank and pump and it's not working

  4. #4The Peej2020-04-03 06:41

    Yep the unloader valve sticks when its not used often. I had to take mine apart and clean it and grease it up.