on my other post maxed out I was asked about the trash well here is the trash . it stinks , its wet , and their was alot of it! we had to remove it after telling the customer it wiul not be able to hold back 18,000,000 gallons of waste water. it took about a week but they finaly gave in. after many test hols and proff rolls with a haul truck. so here's some picts and some new hoe-cam vids enjoy
yes ive got more
of cours ive always got more are ya getting the picture now , ahhhh if only you could smell it
and the last with vid links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfyTKm217_w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hZUdkgVbI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lupxz-eeaTo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wGNw2vdHo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvFO698nm4
Yeap there's nothing like a nice big hole to throw all your crap in over the years. I run into those all the time when working on farms. I was once digging near a deep valley that had been somewhat filled in with the farm trash and crap and actually started digging up old 55 gallon drums of waste oil ... I covered that hole back up and found anther place to dig dirt:cool2 Oh yeah tires make great fill too.
Heard ya, Dirtman. I was probing around in a backyard years ago looking for the septic tank so I could just replace the line from the house to it...but it ended up being a little more entailed because the tank was an old Ford Fairlane with a pipe stuck in the passengers side window. The customer tried to make me leave it, but my conscience bothered me so I ended up pumping the car out and removing it. I called the honey wagon to make arrangements and when he asked how many gallons the tank was, I said it was a 6 passenger model. We howled over that one for a week afterwards.
lol that is funny nice find tho
They should have used a station wagon... More storage compacity. LOL I tell you there's nothing better than redneck engineering. Once you think you have seen everything you will stumble apon something that will make you say "what they hell were they thinking?" and to relate to your septic tank "substitution" I remember once I was around some guys who had been target practicing on some old oil tank, probably a 250 gallon one, when after about 500 bullet holes they decided that it would now make a great septic tank for his shop. Needless to say that's where it went and worked great when surrounded in 3' of stone.
Great pics (and vids im sure... haven't gotten there yet) Amazing job benching out the slope of trash.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy I assume that's all going into a new hole or is it gonna be hauled out? Have you got any photos of your GPS screen?:usa Talk about dirting up weird stuff. We were on a job last year this time that had a couple old (farm?) houses on it previously. Well I was cutting the junky topsoil and brick out of one section and my pan caught something big soild and all but stalled my tractor. Got out and saw a few scraps of steel, walked a little further and there was a metal object buried in the ground there. Well I had the other guy come over, and take a look, he tried to pop it loose with his tractor and couldnt either. Eventually the D8 dug it out. Turned out to be an old dump body flipped upside down and welded shut as some kind of make shift septic tank. A few hundred feet away we dug up a whole car. Thanks again for sharing hoeman!
hows this jim
works for me. About your videos... how are you mounting the camera? Thanks again! *edit*hope I didn't just open a can of worms there, LOL.
Hey is there anyway you could take a video of the screen in action? I've never been around one and would really like to know how it works. Thanks
i take the monitor off and use the gps mount:bash
ill try monday after that its back on the 228 screening dirt for about a week:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead nce ya use gps and it works properly ya never wana go back. makes ya lazey i guess thats the downfall. ya dont think as much. and that i dont like
hey hoeman look like that bucket could use some shims. ha ha
I'd be happy to screen that dirt for ya, LOL. probably not the most exciting process in the world.
I had a very good crusher loader operator who always said it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do my job. All I need to know is up, down, curl, dump, and throw it in between the steel. Weather its on a crusher, or into a truck
yep ever since derrik had it just that pin alone takes 2 tubes of grease a day:Banghead. they also assembled it with the H-link backwards:Banghead
haha, they still haven't flipped it around. I remember when the old H-link cracked... or maybe it was a bushing I really don't remember:Banghead, but they replaced teh H-link with a new one... on backwards, I'd have thought that they would have rectified that and the worn out bucket pin by now:beatsme
that got to be fun to grease. ointhead
don't want to steal a thread...but you want to talk about stink this is what i found one day....the location of the site i will hold a secret ointhead
Black gold I did a job a few years back and ran into a old crapper tank, full of course. Dug a trench beside it that lead to a deeper hole. Then I took the bucket teeth and knocked a hole in the bottom of the tank and drained it to the hole, which I latter filled over with dirt. Then all I had remaining was a 95% empty tank to remove.
that isn't poop...it was the septic for an old Transmission Repair Shop that had the floor drain running into it...enough said i was told to break the old tank up and truck it away and i had to install a new traffic bearing tank in the parking lot area
wow lots of fun stuff discovered in this topic lol. so what are they doin with the trash hoeman?
i thought for sure it was poo!
It's a little black for poo. Plus there's no other "things" floating in it
believe it or not their making a stock pile and leaving it and its huge! ill get some picts.:beatsme