I started to do something like this on LTS. So I figured I see what response I got here. I know that I'm involved in a rather unique job, so, if anyone would like to see whatever beast that I'm on during my time out. I can start posting where I'm gonna be working/staying for the weekends or next days and everyone is welcome to come and take a look. Like right now I know that I'm going to be in Pittsburgh, PA for the weekend and possibly all week next week. When I get these tracks done then the current plan is for me to take the truck back to our office in Crete, Il. Ray
Cool, let me know when you head this way.:drinkup
Where are you going to be in Pittsburgh?
Yeah. What Truckie said.
I don't know what hotel yet but I'll know tonight, the supervisor and current driver are flying out and another driver is flying in this weekend. All I can tell you for sure is right now I'm in Waynesburg.
Lash, If I ever get that opportunity I can assure you, you'll know 'cause I'm gonna tell the WHOLE WORLD. Something like that in this company happens once in a blue moon and it sure would be something.
I'll keep an eye out. You don't even have to hit the highway to get here. They have barges they back the train cars onto then sail them to Whittier. Then they just pull them off and head up the track. Til then I stole a couple pics for you.:usa
Swwweettt:notworthy , We had a truck go up a few years ago, but that's it. Since the FRA does it for free they don't bother to pay us to go up there. But if the opportunity comes, I will definantly be one of the first to volunteer for it. Truckie and Digger, I'm in the Comfort Inn just off of rt30/22 where it separates from rt 60 over by the airport. If anyone's interested just come on over. My phone number is 802-399-4400. Ray
Bump back up I just thought I'd bump this one back up. Tonight I'm in Parker, AZ. In a day or two depending on how well things go tomorrow we're gonna be headed to Los Angeles. So if there's anyone between here and there let me know. Rollover, If we manage to finish up here tomorrow at a decent hour I'm gonna try to talk the boss into getting a start on it and maybe stop there in Indio, we'll see. Ray
I'm bumping this again, right now i'm in corpus christi, TX (yeah, yeah, I know i'm sorry too ). But tomorrow I start the trip up to Denver and I'll be there a over the weekend, Monday I will start working west up towards winter park.
Daaang...this dude gets around more than I used to... ointlaugh
I try, we are currently on our 6th time crossing the US this year, we have been from Alaska to Florida, From Illinois to Texas. I picked the truck up on a monday morning in seattle, got into chicago thrusday afternoon, flew home friday morning, (I missed my flight thurs. afternoon because of that chicago traffic:Banghead) had my week off then flew to the truck in tampa fl.
So heres what i wana know. Would we consider you "intermodal" traffic? Or truck traffic
we are classified as a hi-rail vehicle, but we shunt like a train so all the bells and whistles and gates go off for us. But the best one was when we were up in Alaska doing the Whittier tunnel, I was blowing the horn before we got to the end of the tunnel so everyone was expecting a train, but out comes a truck, AND then that truck didn't follow the road but kept going straight that was just good.
What kind of rig are you running?
I thought I'd bring this one back up again. I'll be driving a rental car from my place to the truck down in DC tomorrow. I'll be taking I87 down to I84 then from there i'm not sure yet. If anyone thinks that I might be passing by and would like to just say a quick hi just drop me an e-mail, [email protected] . If you send me your forum name, name, e-mail or phone, and a address, i can check it along my route and let you know if I can make a meet. Ray
Koehring 6620 I'm new to the site. I purchased a Koehring 6620 at an auction today. I didn't know much about it, but it was dirt cheap and in good condition. I have been all over the web looking for their website and can't find it. Were they bought out. I have a serial number and am trying to find the year model. Does anyone know where to find it. Thanks, Patrick