Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

All to fix a park brake oil leak.

.RC. · 2023-10-29 21:11

You would think they would have designed it so you do not have to remove the engine to fix an oil leak out of the park brake. At least it is modular I guess and I can give everything a good clean now.

Replies5
  1. #1.RC.2023-10-31 06:32

    At least I got to see the condition of the crown wheel and pinion. AFAIK never touched and goodness knows how many hours.

  2. #256wrench2023-10-31 09:34

    If that’s the hyd charge pump or a trans lube pump i see, it may be a good idea to check it while you’re in there. Or maybe its just the lube distribution for the upper shaft

  3. #3OzDozer2023-10-31 09:43

    That's the cleanest and sweetest-looking bevel gear compartment and gears I've ever seen. Button it up again fast, before it gets some contamination in there!

  4. #4Mobiltech2023-10-31 09:56

    Good time to check rod and main bearings too.

  5. #5IceHole2023-10-31 13:17

    Looks nice and warm out. Well into winter here!