I am still looking to buy a 4wd dump with wing and at least a front one way plow. I am looking in the 36-46kGVW trucks... something bigger than my 5500 to push banks back. I have had little luck locating stuff here in Colorado. I have found ALOT of stuff on the East coast, but at $1.50-2.00 per mile trucking in adds 20-50% on top of the truck purchase. I have found: Paystar 5000s Oshkoshs But nothing of any value within driving distance..... Got any leads or ideas?
This is a little closer. I have a Ford F600 10X10 made by them. http://www.tulsatruckmfg.com/
Should have clarified that I am looking for used under 15k-20k range
Ckeck out www.adelmans.com , they have a nice looking 4wd autocar dump that is set up with a front plow and i think a wing plow. I believe they are asking 11,000 for it. I drive past it every day, and it really is a nice looking truck. They are located in Canton Oh.
Howard, you'll just have to buy one here and I'll drive it to ya!:Cowboy
I emailed Steve asking him for some direction and some prices... This would be nice or this http://www.s-a-mclean.com/truckpics/rdmack.jpg I really need at least a passenger wing, preferably a bench wing. Dump would be nice since I have the spreader to go in it. V plow and 4 way I guess I could take a week off to drive it home.. I am just worried about breaking down
The red RD is real nice. I looked at it last year, but didn't try it out. He's got some nice O-K's, too bad it's so far.
Alan isn't that an RM model? All that truck needs is a dump bodie on it. What about this one http://www.s-a-mclean.com/truckpics/mackylw.jpg
Those things aren't speed demons. That is going to be a looooong drive back to Colorado. A few years ago I trailered a car out to my sister in CA on the way back we came through Donners Pass (I-80). Just before in CA, I forget the town, there was a place that was selling state and town trucks with wings and such. I remember they had some 4x4 models. I don't remember much about it other then it was right off the highway at one of the smaller towns as you are climbing the Sierras.
That Mack is a DM model with the butterfly hood.
Here you go its in Canada but would be a good candidates www.publiquip.com/trucks/International-4x4-truck--1101029362.htm www.publiquip.com/trucks/International-Snow-Truck--467403080.htm
Seen those, Figured I don't speak french and I am assuming they are in Quebec... I might as well go here http://s-a-mclean.com/
Howard, here ya go. I spent a few hours this morning with Steve and this is what I came across. # 21 (thats the number on the cab, so we'll use that to differentiate) 1974 Osh Kosh P2025-2D1 Ser # 14363 45000 GVW 20 F 23 R 49286 miles 5 & 4 tranny 2 stick Cummins 250 NC 50? motor (couldn't read the tag well) 11.00 x 20 tires at 75% No rear body, rear frame was sand blasted primed and painted, looks real clean, no rot on frame. Cab has surface rust in cab (dash, pedals, floor) but looks all solid Cab outside needs paint but appears fairly tight, may need minor cosmetic work on cab corner for small rust spot. No water leaks anywhere that I could tell. Wing post looks straight and square. He ahs the mate that went with this one, but needs fender work and frame cleaned. Looked ok, but needs slightly more work. First few pics are of #21
Here's the sister to # 21 , # 32. It is similar, but needs fender work, wiring for the lights, frame is clean but not blasted and has 24 " tires instead of 20's. It is clean other wise and has 3300 hours and 24000 miles. The tag said it was a P222-71, so I must have missed a digit, as I assume it must be a 2022 or 2023?
Any guess what cab to rear of frame is? What size bed/spreader would work? Howard
It's got to be 9', maybe 10. I will check on hours for you. If you think you want it I'll have Steve put some batteries in it so I can try it out and make sure it goes ok. He starts all of them every couple months or so, runs them around the yard and parks them facing the other direction just to keep stuff lubed up and working. It'll be a few day before I can get back down there, as I'm booked solid this week.
I have been looking for almost 6 months This truck is from Arizona, no rust. But crazy idle hours at 8500 with only 11,000 miles. They are asking 19,900. But I did some snooping around and contacted the fleet manager from the Flagstaff airport... it sold for 7,000 at auction to that company. It has a dump, the plows I want but, engine I want but I really scared about the hours... It is probably due for rebuild at 10k and I don't know how much they are willing to dicker, I won't pay over 10k. 978 OSHKOSH P2323-7, NTC Big Cam 1 Cummins 250 HP, Allison 5-Speed Automatic, Spring Suspension, 5.29 Ratio, 156" WB, 11.00R-20 Tires, All Steel Wheels, Single Axle, 11,686 miles, V.I.N: 16993, All-Wheel Drive Wing Plow, Frink Sno-Plow Model#: 640K-210MN, P/S, Air-Ride Driver's Seat, Steel Frame, 46,000# G.V.W.R., 23,000# Front Axle, 23,000# Rear Axle, Steel 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Single Vertical Exhaust, 18-22.5 "Super-Single" Steer Tires, Dana P.T.O., Tow Hitch, Heil 9'6" Dump Bed, Model: A610-6500, Serial#: 78DS181767, Part#: 6YD9-6X7, 2-Speed Hi-Lo Transfer Case, Original Miles!, Used Specifically for Airport Duty Only!, Current Odometer: 011,686 Miles!, Total Hours: 8,483, VIN #16993, $19,900
1985 OSHKOSH, WT2206, 60K Miles, 3406A, auto trans, belly blade, 14:00-24 ballast box, excellent condition, Big! Big Plow Truck! $22,500 obo, Billerica MA No plows, no wing post, no dump, but the truck is really clean, but is the bigger truck, probably a bit too much, especially after Alan sat in the cab of one at Steves place.
Again, no wing post, the cat motor I have been told to stay away from...and the lighter drive train. Only oshkosh I have sen with less metal for the plow frame.. 1982 OSHKOSH M1700, 1673 Caterpillar 250 HP, Automatic, 10,000 miles, Key Features: > Dump Body > Bi-Dirrectional funnel Plow > Belly Plow > 18,000 Front Axle > 18,000 Rear Axle > Overload Springs > Engine type Cat 1673 > 250 HP > 4 Speed Auto transmission > Diesel Fuel > wheel/ Rim size is 14.00-20/18PLY > Tires are in good condition > Runs good , $17,500
Then there is this 1963 OSHKOSH MB2, HRF6B Cummins, Spring Suspension, 20 Tires, Single Axle, 20# FA, 20# RA, 1 Way RH Plow,RH Wing, V Blade Also, Stk #S71395A, Call Not to fammillar with the motor, has plows, but looks like a quickie paint job
Steve Mclean's truck $8500, plus 2,000 for plows out here.... I would like a dump, but I could just frame mount the spreader. I would like single 22.5 tires... But I can probably talk to him about paint, fluids changed and some tire chains for the $8500...
This one is local, but its not exactly what I am looking for... 25k:bouncegri
Howard, I've got an old White with the Cummins HRF6B, it's a good engine. I used the truck for building my house, it was just casual use. The truck could sit for months and it would start right up with no trouble and run fine. I have no doubt that it would start again now after sitting for a number of years with a little tug. As best I could find out the engine is rated at 190 hp, I don't know the torque rating. The truck is a '62 White Mustang with a 10 speed roadranger and 6 yard dump body on a 6 wheel chassis. I could haul over Pawling mountain with between 7 and 8 yards of bank run on at 40 mph, plenty of power for that truck. I never had trouble getting parts for the engine either.
Then their is this piece of crap for 10k
Howard that last one looks like it will rust thru before the seasons done for you lol. It's funny when price is no object there's alot to pick from when we are on a budget your lucky to find one. but I do belive that there is one that will meet your needs and that you may be coming back east to get it probably up at meclains.
9704061374 ... Howard