Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis chalmers 7g

Kevin mcheimer · 2020-01-13 21:30

Recently bought an allis chalmers 7g. Anybody have any knowledge or spare parts. Ive got a parts manual and a tech manual for the final drive need a manual for the hydraulic system. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Junkyard2020-01-13 22:07

    @DMiller is the resident AC nut job. Parts are scarce for them. Anything specific you’re looking for?

  2. #2Kevin mcheimer2020-01-14 08:59

    This spring its in the discharge tube assembly connected under the valve. It seems like part is broke off but i havent found the rest of it or any metal shavings

  3. #3Kevin mcheimer2020-01-14 09:12

    Ive been using universal tractor hydraulic oil should i use a differnent weight oil

  4. #4DMiller2020-01-14 10:14

    AW hyd is spec

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-01-14 12:24

    That oil should be fine.

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-01-14 14:41

    OMGosh Junkyard, that is funny !!!!!!

  7. #7DMiller2020-01-14 17:51

    He aint too fer off!!

  8. #8bluegras992022-10-27 18:46

    Hi Kevin, I'm new to forum. I have acquired a 7G as well and need a source of other owners knowledge. This is my post I just added, if you know of anyone. Thanks, Mike Lambert (bluegras) I have acquired an early model 7G, serial # 22671. It was parked for not steering. As I am going over the machine, I have replaced hyd hoses that were leaking, changed out all of the oils, cleaned all of the screens that I have found and changed all the filters. Engine starts easy and sounds good. I found a spring that was stretched on the fuel injector that was not letting the engine rev enough, replaced the spring so I hope that will build more pressure to the torque converter. Haven’t tried that yet. I am pretty sure the right brake band is broken as the adjusting nut is not connected to anything. My next step is to check the steering and torque converter pressures. Which finally brings me to a question. I have replaced the gauges for fuel and both hyd gauges. I may have installed to heavy of gauges, fuel pressure reads about 10 lb’s, torque gauge that is plumed into oil line that goes to oil cooler reads 25 lb’s, and the gauge that says operating pressure is at 0. Does anyone happen to know what these should normally read? I guess my next step is to remove the seat and try to find a place to read the steering pressure? Sorry for the long letter but thanks for anyones help

  9. #9DMiller2022-10-28 06:48

    Broken brake band will not steer regardless pressures, Allis will steer under load off clutches but not without brakes not loaded against loader frame. Fifty year old tractors now with parts scarcity expanding weekly. Was cautioned on my own as to power brake assist eating brake shoes, most had the pressure dialed all but completely off. 7G-b did not have power assist, just hyd. clutch application. I searched in vain for a 7G-b to retrieve all the pedal steer and brake components. Fewer of those in yards than 7Gs

  10. #10hector gemme2022-10-28 18:21

    I am still have some used HD7G parts if can help.