Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers D Grader…”HELP”

John Shannon ยท 2018-06-22 12:31

I just acquired an AC model D grader. The carb leaks like a sieve. I think the serial # is D-822. That's all I can see on the plate. Any ideas as to where I can find parts? A carburator? Year Built?

Replies6
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-06-22 21:06

    #822 would put it at 1949. Serial # should be on a square tag, near operator station, Right side, just where you would step up into the operator's position. Good news is that a gasser D grader, the motor, carb, whole shebang is identical to a A-C WD tractor. If you ask this question, over on the unofficial Allis Chalmers page, construction forum, you can probably find exactly what you need, either from forum members, or site sponsors . Welcome to HEF, you got yourself a nice little grader there, get it workin and keep it workin... http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forums.html

  2. #2waltyer willis2019-01-11 22:00

    Does anyone know the shipping dimensions and appx. weight od 1954 Model D?

  3. #3JPV2019-01-11 22:10

    It is about 11,000 lbs, about 6 feet wide and about 20 feet long. If it has a cab it is about 8 feet tall. I can measure tomorrow if you need.

  4. #4waltyer willis2019-01-11 22:20

    Thank you very much. That should be sufficient for the trucker. I appreciate your response.

  5. #5JPV2019-01-11 22:24

    No problem, if it is yours post a picture if you can!

  6. #6DIYDAVE2019-01-12 06:33

    You can get them on an 18' rollback, if ya back it on, drop the blade, and let the front wheels dangle...