Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers H3 Dozer

cb1 ยท 2015-10-31 21:00

Hello all, Been a while since I been here.. Just picked this up at a auction today. Hasn't run in a long time, been inside storage, hauled to the auction site. Run when put away. Ha, ha... Engine may be stuck and left turning lever doesn' move a whole lot. Won't have it home for a week, so did not get to dive into it too hard yet. $1000.00 and Allis's are my favorites. A win, win. Had a HD10, but this is more practical for my putzin around. Anyone with a brochure or picture of original ROPS for 1962, which is the year this beauty was born. Thanks, cb1

Replies9
  1. #1BillG2015-10-31 21:14

    How was the weather at the auction, I had plans to go but just too many things to do. I don't believe that there were any rops on smaller machines in the day these were built. Most ag machines didn't have them that I remember but of course I could be proven wrong.

  2. #2Scrub Puller2015-10-31 21:31

    Yair . . . cb1. How sweet it is. I have never seen that style of blade tilt before . . . from what I see on the net that will have Allis's own four cylinder engine I guess? Cheers.

  3. #3cb12015-10-31 21:31

    It was raining the whole day. It was supposed to let up by noon, but just rained harder. I had a poncho and a umbrella. Wet feet and cold hands. But winning this little dream warmed me up a little bit. What where you looking at? The two holes in the top of the front guard tells me something bolted there? Maybe?

  4. #4cb12015-10-31 21:34

    Scrub, All the pictures I see on the interweb have a different tilt style. Will have to ID the blade. Appearently there is different blade models out there for the H3. I believe its Allis's own motor. cb1

  5. #5cb12015-10-31 21:39

    Also, The auction site and all of the other listings for this had it listed as a International 340 Dozer. I looked at it three weeks ago when I was delivering some equipment and could tell it wasn't a International and then I realized it was a Allis. Hopefully that held off all of the Allis collectors, ha, ha... When the bidding started, the auctioneer called it a 340 International. I guess if you take the tags off equipment, they just take a swag at what it is.. cb1

  6. #6BillG2015-10-31 21:47

    I had planned on looking at a couple forklifts and generators but the Thursday job ran over into Friday and Friday's job into today... well you get the idea. How was the turnout with the weather, a few more searching for deals or did the rain run them off?

  7. #7cb12015-10-31 22:06

    To me, the real expensive stuff when for a deal and the stuff that should have went for a deal went way high. We went there for some deals and got out bid on all but three pieces. I am not including the H3 as that was just a non-runner I wanted as a collector, etc. Not really going into the excavating business with it. All of the skidsteers and mini-excavators went for crazy money, especially anything that said Bobcat.. I thought there was quite a few people there despite the rain. cb1

  8. #8old-iron-habit2015-10-31 22:40

    Does that dozer have power tilt? It looks like a vertical cylinder on the right front of the blade. Looks like it could be a nice little piece. Hopefully the brake or steering clutch will free up easily. Any old Cats there? I seen an add a couple of weeks ago and thought about going but forgot all about it.

  9. #9cb12015-10-31 22:59

    Old Cat 3 something something tracked loader with road tracks (no grouzer). Looked pretty beat up and not maintained. Dont know what she went for. Other than that not sure. cb1