I bought this dozer at the auction last week, everything works as it should and apparently has been well cared for. I was blessed to be able to get this dozer for 5k.
Looks like a nice old machine! Any idea of what year it is? Early 60's I'm thinking. Parts may be hard to get for the Allis, but you'll likely find some if needed. Good luck!
yes you were Bobby, hey this is Doug
The dozer is a 1968 and really nice shape. Hey Doug we meet again.
Lots of good information on this site...even more specialized help on the Unofficial Allis site: https://www.allischalmers.com/ I have an old AC motor grader that still runs like a watch.
That's a really nice looking old AC dozer....I've always had a soft spot for the AC equipment, it was well built and was always dependable. A company that should have still been around but fell victim to bad management in my opinion. The dozer you have looks to be about the same size as my D6C which is also a 1968. Nice piece you have there, and simple, no frills and the best part...no electronics to rob you blind. I wish you luck with it.
Just another pic of the dozer at home.
Ok that's funny right there. Big dozer on a finished lawn. Quite the lawn ornament.
Yea the wife thought it was funny also....NOT!
HD-16 is more like a D7 size than a D6 FWD
I agree, after seeing it sitting in front of the house it looks to be some what larger than my D6, When I was a young man a logging company I worked for had two of these HD16's, they where powerful and would wipe stumps of the top of a gravel pit when scalping like they were just sitting there. That being said, they also would strip the spline off an axle before they stopped pushing. other than that they where real work horses.