Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ALLIS CHALMERS HD6E What Year, Any Help ?

drtdmn ยท 2012-10-25 01:02

I am looking to purchase a Allis Chalmers HD6E Ser.# 10137. Can anyone tell me what year this tractor is, and what motor is in it. Plus does it have a wet or dry clutch. The tractor has a new under carriage in it and less than 100 hours on a rebuilt motor. It has a canopy , sweeps , carco free spool winch , straight blade with manual tilt. Also what is it worth $$$.

Replies3
  1. #1FWD2012-10-25 21:39

    According to my info, it would be a 1959. I don't know if it would have an oil clutch, but you could look for oil lines in the clutch area. I have no idea on value. FWD

  2. #2HD21A2012-10-25 22:14

    I had a 5, most likely a dry clutch and a 4 cylinder Buda engine. Check the final drive oil levels and also look for seal leaks on the rear axles at the outboard axle carrier bearing or oil dripping down the inside of the sprocket on to the inside of the tracks. A good old stout machine, little slow, but will do work. Make sure neither steering clutch is frozen. Price, I have no idea. do an internet search and see what others are asking. Bob

  3. #3drtdmn2012-10-26 11:34

    Thank's for your Help!!!