Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers M100 motor grader

Man with a plan ยท 2022-09-05 08:09

Looking for info and input on the Allis Chalmers M100 graders. There is one for sale local to me I've been thinking about buying. And just wanted some input and info from people more familiar with these machines than I am. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Legdoc2022-09-09 21:53

    I have a M100-C which is a stupid simple, tuff machine. It is crude by todays standard. Parts are hard to find. As a ranch machine it has paid for itself many times. If you have any specific questions just ask.

  2. #2Man with a plan2022-09-10 08:41

    What work/repairs have you had to do to your machine? Is there anything that is a continual issue with these machines? Have you found anywhere that has been of any help as far as parts? Or mainly it's taking parts off salvage machines. Do you know how many hours yours has?

  3. #3hector gemme2022-09-10 10:33

    The M100 use a 516 motor 6 cylinder 8.5L

  4. #4Legdoc2022-09-12 12:21

    Mostly maintenance items. I have replaced all hoses, belts and tires. The hydraulic boosts always leak. Brake cylinders seem to be a constant issue. I have been running mine 5 years without brakes. Wix filters are available at O'Reilly. I have been trying to get transmission shifter boots for years. Found one. If you needed a gear or shaft it might be a real problem. It is a 50 year old machine. Considering the money I have in it and the amount it saved me on road maintenance at my old ranch and building a new 3/4 mile road at my new place I'm quite pleased with it. It has no glow plugs and always starts fast on a warm day. Cold weather might require a shot of starting fluid. It may sound a bit elementary bit there is a lot of satisfaction being at a fast idle creeping down the gravel road placing the cuttings where you want it dressing things up with ease. I have also used the machine in the fields to knock down giant ant and gopher mounds.