Hi im Doug G an avid ALLIS CHALMERS collector, mechanic, farmer , and trader ; I would like to hear stories on anything ALLIS CHALMERS made and had in the construction industry ; good or bad let er fly ; thanks
Yair . . . DougG . I have some Allis stories mate . . . mainly Allis HD21's to be exact, and I'm afraid I can't say a lot good about them apart from the fact they while they were going they were good but I don't think there was a single part that didn't break . . . regularly. Cheers.
Thats cool DougG. My Granddad was a big A/C fan & some of that rubbed off on myself. We still use the WD45 he bought new in 1953. also Have 170 gas ,175 diesel tractors,& 4 row A/C no-till planter. Sold our old Gleaner F-2 last year. I guess Allis-Chalmers was the first manufacturer to offer the "No-Till" planter back in 1966. Great company but sadly gone in the past. My first dozer was a late 1950's HD16ac cable blade . Still operate a 74 model 16-B . Little story on it LOL HeavyEquipmentForums