Hi guys, I'm working on a 2006 Capacity yard tractor. We bought it second hand and it is not equipped with reverse triggered back up lights or beeper. It has a fully electronic Allison MD3060 automatic trans. Any idea where to wire lights from? much thanks nathan
I'd assume it has a NSBU switch. Wire from there.
NSBU? Please elaborate. I've backprobed the connectors that I can and have found nothing switched by selecting reverse. I have a feeling the pin has a blanked plug.
Neutral safety Back up switch May be internal or external Sorry thats all I know
I guess it'll be a pressure switch activated from the reverse clutch oil passage. I would imagine what you need to be looking for is a blanking plug behind which is an oil passage that gets pressurized when reverse is selected.
I did look for that already. There are no plugs of any sort on this transmission. It has a single harness that enters, a VSS at the tailshaft and that is it. There is a digital control on the dash which communicates with the ECU behind the seat and a harness from there to the trans. There are no mechanical linkages or accessable hyd ports. There are a few printed circuit boards next to the ECU with relays but they are all non standard and soldered into the board. On the positive side we have contacted Allison and they requested the ECU numbers and will get back to us early next week.
I found a troubleshooting manual on line with a wire schematic that shows a reverse warning relay by the Vehicle Interface Module, customer supplied wiring connector. That's about all I can tell you since the manual is on a download site so I am not able to print or save the page and the print is to small to read easily.