Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allison tt2421-2

john hofer ยท 2019-04-04 20:18

Squealing sound coming from top of transmission on case w24b loader,oil pressure is only 125 lbs cleaned strainer ,took pump apart can't see no sign of wear it still drives but seems to be slower it sometimes feels like it all of a sudden jumps in a higher gear.the shifting lever feels as if something is holding it back when I shift, any ideas what could be wrong with this old girl

Replies8
  1. #1john hofer2019-04-04 20:27

    Sorry tt2421-1

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2019-04-11 18:01

    Sounds like the torque converter bearing.

  3. #3john hofer2019-04-12 07:52

    Can this be fixed by just removing the motor?

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-04-12 12:28

    If it is for sure the torque converter bearing yes it can be.

  5. #5john hofer2019-04-12 12:49

    Thanks Will take a look after planting crops.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2019-04-13 12:45

    No problem, good luck with crops.

  7. #7The Parts Guy2019-04-18 21:01

    I agree. I believe it's the torque converter bearing. It's not a terribly hard job, but there are a few other items to check out while you're tearing it apart. We help people out with these a lot. Give us a call and we can fix you up with the parts you need to fix it up. (800) 552-5080

  8. #8john hofer2020-07-28 11:07

    Finally getting time to fix this thing the manual says there is a access cover to remove the bolts from the flex plate this one does not have one. His do I remove the first housing that has the drive gear