Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

almost summer…

tylermckee ยท 2006-06-04 12:27

..in my part of the world at least. I dont know about anyone else but i'm so damn sick of mud, i cant wait. around here it usually is dry from mid-late june on with the occasional rain. we have just been finishing up all the projects that have been dragging on through winter, not doing a whole lot, but its gonna change in a couple weeks. its gonna be a busy summer for us.

Replies14
  1. #1Wolf2006-06-04 23:24

    I know. nd it's great to work in a tank or muscle tee and shorts.

  2. #2tylermckee2006-06-05 01:07

    I put on my skirt and tube top and hop in my excavator, dont even need the AC

  3. #3CascadeScaper2006-06-05 01:21

    You tired of mud? I'll trade you, it's drier than hell out here!

  4. #4Wolf2006-06-05 13:35

    you must stop traffic with those legs, tyler. LOL

  5. #5DKinWA2006-06-05 14:56

    I'm tired of the rain and mud too and I want some sunshine!

  6. #6Dwan Hall2006-06-05 16:27

    You guys don't know what rain is. We have had less then 20 dry days sence last Augest. average more then 280 days of measurable rain a year. Raining today, rain tomarrow and I am digging in gray clay on a hill side. What fun. When the sun does shine I take the day off and enjoy it. fishing

  7. #7DKinWA2006-06-05 20:15

    I always thought the fishing and hunting in Alaska would make up for all the rainfall if we moved there. Now I'm not so sure

  8. #8Jeff D.2006-06-05 20:29

    Is that a flounder??

  9. #9Dwan Hall2006-06-05 20:34

    This one woud make a differance. Also Alaska is a big place like eastern and western Washington weather is much dryer inland. This is the catch 3 years ago, Notice the rain coats.

  10. #10tylermckee2006-06-05 20:57

    you call that a halibut? call me when you catch a 250 pounder <-former bearing sea long liner

  11. #11digger242j2006-06-05 21:14

    I'll usually avoid such lowbrow humor as making puns, but in this case I'm going to make one, just for the halibut...

  12. #12DKinWA2006-06-06 00:32

    I wouldn't mind catching a few of those! You can't beat good fresh halibut for dinner and the leftovers make great sandwiches for work the next day:yup

  13. #13Ford LT-90002006-06-06 23:15

    One of the local guys caught a Halibut it was close to 300lbs or more they had to have 3 of them pull it up. I forgot how they caught it I know it was by accident they were after ling cod or something like that. Its starting to get sunny here on the West Coast we get a few days of sun then a few days of rain.

  14. #14Dozerboy2006-06-07 23:58

    No rain here, but we hit a natural spring and some clay that looks like modeling clay what a mess. The only one of the dewatering drains we have got put in is putting out over 1 GPM. The MD of the clay is over 200 and the soil tech want it put in with 33% moisture. We talked them down to 27% since at 33% it would be a liquid it makes good mud balls though :wink2 .