I don't know if any of you guys can top my collection of keys.... My wife makes fun of me; calls me "the janitor", I don't care. Got to have my keys with me at all times. Some of these are reprints, or else you would see early JD, "IHC" and "Autocar", but you get the point. Can anybody beat me???:avid
:falldownlaugh Please, you call that a set of keys! I know I can be beat but here is my set of keys. Try 48 keys! ointlaugh Thanks Keyman on Ebay! I bought mine after losing my first set.
OOOOw......... your going to get um started now. Its 21:40pm about -5c outside and I am not going out to get my bunch to take a picture of them, but I'm confident your only a beginner
I have three sets plus many others that I don't use any more.I occasionally have three or more machines running at the same time and seldom have to remove a key from the key ring.It is fairly common with those of us who work alone most of the time.Just one machine will use up two sets if you remove the master key at night.Ron G
I have a 54 key set from him, plus some more I have collected. Probably close to 70 keys. If it wasn't 10 degrees out, I would grab them out of the truck. I have one ring with the keys I use the most, plus another ring with the rest.
I've seen a lot of talk, a two reasons for not getting a pic of them? Let's see the proof!:beatsme
Is it bad when you can look at that picture and go key by key looking at the pattern and tell what machine it fits ointhead
Well the Keyman, stamped everyone of them. If he didn't I would have had a hard time.
I have re keyed all my equipment to a CAT key. all 7 of my ford trucks have been re keyed to 1 key and My shop, house, and other locks are keyed alike. I carry 3 keys.
Not a big key set but one of my favorites.
Would that be a takeuchi key on top?
Yep, I have a Tak key but don't own one. The other is a master lock key that is universal for most of our locks for fuel tanks, gates, etc. The other 2 are self explanatory.:cool2
looks like it...or a Kubota mini-hoe i'll have to get a pic of mine up here...nothing like NC Dozer...but a good collection of all the majors
You asked for it. 30 on the Orange ring, 20 on the yellow ring. There is another 20 in my desk at work, for boom lifts, scissor lifts, and material handling (forklifts, etc.)
Well , you all have me beat, I just carry what I need around here, New and old Cat , new and old Case , JD excavator and the one for all other JD machines , Volvo and a Komatsu, all of mine are factory keys that say the machine brand name so I dont have a problem telling them apart. and my personal favorite is my brass Cat key with the old "C" logo
does anyone have a link for this keyman? are his keys/all keys the same for ur country and aus as well?
I am humbled by the awesomeness of your key-mastery. You are clearly winning.:drinkup
do some work in a rental yard?
No, I am a Project Superintendent, and run $5-10 million jobs. Often subs will leave their equipment in the way. Of course they will not show on the day of a large delivery, and leave their equipment right where the delivery needs to go. So I purchased the master set, and then filled in from there as I found keys I needed. I will also borrow equipment from the subs. Always with permission, and I always refuel. Its always cheaper to buy a 12 pack for the foremen, than a weeks rental on a machine.
Here you go Redline. http://stores.ebay.com/Heavy-Equipment-Keys
I bet I only have 10 different keys I don't run a lot of of odd iron, but I bet I have 50+ cat keys. I'm going the get one of the keyman set some day just in case.
you know the only key i ever had break on me was a CAT key....i mean i sit on the other ones all the time...the big Volvo key, Case, Deere, Leihberr....they all hold up to the abuse from the sandwich between my @$$ and the seat....but CAT
Here's my "in the office" collection complete with their own case. There are 64 keys here and are all original OEM variations (from multiple years), no re-makes or aftermarket ones in my collection. Caterpillar MSS master, Gomaco, Liebherr, Manitowoc, Volvo and all the typical ones in between. Then there are 12 specific ones I keep on the "in the field" key ring. - Chris
That's pretty awesome. The special box (that looks like the box from a Lietz theodolite, or something ), makes the grade.
sorry for the late reply but thanks very much, will have to get me a set from him:drinkup
Dont forget to mention where you heard about him when you call, he might be intrested in having an advertisment on the board as a thank you.
I have a pretty good set. 30 on one that stays in my lunch box and the other 10 of my most used, I keep with me all the time when I'm at the job. I have trouble keeping up with what's what especially when they aren't color-coded, and then Volvo especially gets confusing because there are different keys for just about every-type of equipment they make. If they could all be like Cat and just have one-fits-all, I would only have to keep about 15.
Man thats bad in the bestest way :lmao