Glad you are OK to post about it. Rollers can be deadly boring. I spent a few too many hours trying to stay sharp at night on a fill. Plenty of opportunity to screw up there.
We just had that, but the guy wasn't wearing his seat belt. Luckily he was thrown up hill, some how.
Rollers are listed as a machine with high incident rate.
i was working nights on the Dam job, and they wanted to keep me around so they put me on anything to stay busy. I was rolling all the haul roads with an SD150 and rolling this high road over the valley, when they turned off the light plants across the river from me. The roller did not have any lights and I was working the edge. Full stop!! I fumbled around in my lunch bucket and got my "night shift flashlight" out and got my arse off that high bank and down the road.