Looking for a little input. I have been trying to sell my JD 325 skid steer and have been getting little or no response. It is in good working shape with ~1000 hrs on it. Comes with the 74" GP bucket. I currently have it listed for $17.5K. Am I way off base on an asking price, or is it just that nothing is selling right now?
Not much iron selling right now. Most have no money and / or no work, and the few with money are holding on to it wondering how long it will last. Your machine looks good, and the price sounds fair, but when you have to compete with dealers and rental yards selling late model low hr machines for a song, it is no wonder you are having trouble selling yours.
Hows that mower attachment work?Have much power?
How are you advertising it? I put one on a few big websites with lots of other equipment and did not get much response. I could be on one of those sites for say six months with zero inquiries. I ended up selling it off of craigslist to a homeowner who needed it to work on his yard. It is easy to think your price is too high if you get no inquiries, but the problem is usually that it has just not gotten seen by the right person. I have lowered my price and then somebody comes along who could care less about price and buys it.
Plus the dealers can offer financing. It's a vicious cycle. Things get slow, programs get better, new machines get cheaper, used machines get devalued. When it's a buyers market, machine specs and price become more important.
The mower is amazing. It will go through almost anything. We have an invasive plant/ bush/ weed here called Scotch Broom that gets really out of hand. I mowed a few acres where it was 8-9' high with stalks well over an inch in diameter no problem. Cuts grass nice and clean too.
I have it on CL and on machinerytrader.com. Maybe I'll try to add it to a few of the closer cities on CL to see if I can find the right person.
Your not high on the price, not sure if your on crack I just bought a 325 deere, only change from mine to yours is mine has 100 hours on it, paid 21k for it. I bought mine off of ebay and that's where you might want to put yours.
Good info- thanks. Was that an auction or a "buy it now"? How many bidders on it?
ebay No It wasn't a buy it now price. There was around 9 bidders on it, and maybe 15 to 20 bids. it was down at 17,900.00 and I was sitting there waiting for the end of the bidding, I post it for the max at 24k and the bid was 100.00 a bid, I hit it and the guy at 17k9 started hitting it and ran me up to 21k then time ran out on him. If he would have had more time he would have run it up even more. I would post it on ebay, you can set your price and see what happens on it. your machine looks good and your tires look new. but as most posted thou not many people are buying right now, but ebay opens you up to the whole world. I am in panama central america and shipped it down here. also I post a while back on a web site that has shippers all over the u.s. bidding to ship your product. you might want to post that in your ebay ad so someone across the state might use it to ship it. shipping sometimes kills a lot of deals. I see many things in the u.s. I would buy but the shipping stops me. http://www.uship.com thats the link. I don't have anything to do with this web site, I just used them and it saved me a lot of money shipping. you can post whatever you want shipped and from what point to what point and boom, the bids for your job start to pour in, you can look at the shippers past and get the best price. hang in there buddy, If it was me I would put it on ebay, but set your price. and If you really don't have to sell it I would hold on to it. also do a serach on ebay and see how many 325's are on there for sale right now, last time I checked there wasn't but one or two. good luck and stay off the pipe!!
if your on the pipe and by the way if you find your on the pipe, then send me the mower!!! you owe me,, yeah you don't remember that loan I gave you a few years ago do you?
Fair price. I had a guy looking for one Texas, He wanted a 900 hour machine I already sold for $19,900.00. Maybe he will be interested. I have his number at the office. I will see if I can remember to get it for you.
It looks like a Bradco... They work great.
Wow. I got a customer with a cab unit 300 hours with 78" Bucket and pallet fork he will take 25K for, Maybe he needs to e-bay.
My mower is a Bobcat Brushcat. 60". I got it from the local Bobcat dealer for $1500. I think I could sell it for $2500-3000. He had two for sale at the time- I wish I would have bought them both- probably could have gotten mine for free after selling the 2nd one. They do work amazing...
Thanks for the input. I'm going to try to get it on eBay today. I need to go to the shop and get some more photos first. I just searched and there was only one other 325- an '08 with a starting price of $27k and no bids. I have used uShip before- very cool site. I had an RV that I bought in an auction brought to Oregon from S. Texas. The guy that I had do it was a retired marine who transported stuff around the country to see the States for free. There were a bunch of great reviews on him and he was everything they said he was. All the tires on the RV blew on the way here and he didn't charge me for all his wasted time getting them fixed.
Wow...Thats a good price.
I kick myself on a regular basis for not buying the 2nd one. I called him a while later and of course it was gone.
Well, I have my machine on eBay now. Two watchers so far...
Anyone on here watching out of curiosity? Have 4 watchers now and wondering if they're legitimate. No one has taken the leap on an opening bid yet.
well you prolly wont have bids till the last 24 hrs.
did you have trouble getting used to the arms blocking your view to the side? ive had case and bobcat loaders over the years first time i drove a jd loader i felt blind,couldnt get used to cat hand controls either! :tong
I had rented other units before I bought this one, but didn't have tons of hours in the saddle, so the arms weren't an issue. As for the hand controls, I have a hard time with foot controls now that I have run hand controls. I actually have a T300 that I bought that has only foot controls and I am selling it to get a machine with hand controls.
329d?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what that means.
One of the new Deere CT's coming out that would be roughly the size of the T300.
i have hand controls on all my loaders but the cat i tried was totally differant layout than case. :beatsme
Oh, sorry- I get it. I'll definitely be shopping in the used market. I was thinking either a t300 with the hand control option or a cat 277 or 287.
Not trying to jack your thread here.I have borrowed a Brushwolf mower attachment,looks similar to yours.On my 40XT I can stop it no problem,of course I am trying to mow 7ft tall grass.My skid steer only has 60hp,maybe i'm just under powered?
Never sold on ebay but have bought a few items and it seems to be very true. I get turned off by items that are listed for say two weeks past the day I find them. Now I am talking much much lower price items.
What a way to start a thread!!! Good luck with the sale
Still need to sell the machine. If anyone knows a buyer, I'll pay a finder's fee.