Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

American 25A hydraulic issues

fhore1 ยท 2018-07-18 06:38

Good morning Diggers!! I need information on my hydraulics system please. What did you change your filters housings too? I can not find replacements for my old elements. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies15
  1. #1mikebramel2018-07-19 22:36

    You can probably fit a Zinga head with 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 pipe ports

  2. #2fhore12018-08-29 04:34

    Still having issues

  3. #3fhore12018-08-29 04:38

    Problems with hydraulics still.

  4. #4Vetech632018-08-29 07:04

    What kind of hydraulic problems are you having? It looks old enough to be a basic PTO driver with gear pump hydraulics.

  5. #5fhore12018-08-29 14:57

    I have very weak swing and Boom Lift. Crowd and my bucket are good and strong. I did order new filters last month but they have yet to arrive. In the picture above smoke was pouring out of that whole however it is not threaded and I don't ever remember seeing anything in there. Could it just be a vent and the clutches were being overworked because of the clogged filter?

  6. #6Dave Neubert2018-08-29 15:14

    That looks like a pto drive can you engage and dis engage it if so the clutch probably needs tightened up

  7. #7fhore12018-08-29 15:24

    Is that accessed through the plate at the top?

  8. #8Vetech632018-08-30 06:53

    From what I can see you have a standard Twin Disc drive. Below that hole there is a shaft sticking out, should be on both sides. Is there a hand handle on either side? That plate is an access to the clutch which is adjustable to some degree. Its is a snap clutch and it needs adjusted before you do anything else. You can contact Twin Disc at 262-638-4000 and ask for Tech support. They should be able to get you the parts breakdown and adjustment info. You will need to give them all the numbers on the ID plate that is somewhere on that housing. I have adjust many of them in the past, but I have always done it by "feel". You need to make sure you don't have clutch slippage to troubleshoot your hydraulic system accurately, unless the system is causing the slippage.

  9. #9Dave Neubert2018-08-30 16:35

    Take the plate off the top then you will have to turn the engine by hand until you see the adjustment lock some unbolt some have a spring loaded tab that you push then you turn the inner ring until the clutch snaps in with 40-60 lbs of force

  10. #10fhore12018-09-01 05:39

    Thanks guys!

  11. #11fhore12018-09-01 05:40
  12. #12fhore12018-09-01 05:42
  13. #13fhore12018-09-01 05:44

    How do I tell if I'm at 40-60 foot pounds. Once I pull the spring ping in the pic how do I turn the adjusting ring?

  14. #14fhore12018-09-01 18:54

    Thanks guys I figured it out. I really appreciate the help. Getting new books on Tuesday also

  15. #15fhore12018-09-01 18:56

    Y