Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

American 35A – Dead track…

LandonRobinson · 2024-12-28 03:55

American 35A - Dead track... Everything on the boom, rotating the upper section, and the other track all work fine, and there are no obvious leaks anywhere, but the right hand track is dead like completely dead and doesn't even try to move. I have never worked on one of these and am not quite sure where to go on this, and this track has been dead for years and no one has tried to fix it but I would like to get it working again, my two thoughts on this is that it is something with the joystick or whatever makes the big gear in the track move is broken (i.e. planetary gear set if it has one). From something that I read somewhere this thing uses D7 rollers and track chain so I am assuming that it also uses D7 hydraulics and hardware to make it go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Gary Layton2024-12-28 08:10

    It sounds like you have a fair amount of learning to do to get a handle on this. You should start by learning how to use this forum in the suggestions that are introductions to the forum. A good query always starts with a serial number that gives the knowing folks here something concrete to work with. You need to post the serial number of your equipment.

  2. #2LandonRobinson2025-01-14 22:17

    Sorry it has been a while, that machine is down in a hole and quite a drive from here in a place that rarely anyone goes to, but I had another reason for heading down there today so here is the serial number, and I meant foot pedals and not the joysticks for making it go forwards and backwards. American Model: 35A S/N: 35618 D The tag also says: American Hoist & Derrick Company. St. Paul Minn.