Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Amusment

uffex ยท 2020-03-25 10:06

Definition Heavy Plant Mechanic Some one who makes precision guesswork Based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge Posted to me I guess most of you will see the funny side Kind regards Uffex

Replies6
  1. #1CatKC2020-03-25 15:44

    That's the guy that takes his precision guesswork and draws a circle around the suspected parts that should be replaced. When the replaced parts don't fix the problem, he draws a BIGGER circle.

  2. #2Swetz2020-03-25 16:05

    CatKC, We always called that loading the parts shotgun

  3. #3BigWrench552020-03-25 16:18
  4. #4BigWrench552020-03-25 16:23

    Swapnostics is what I call it around here. And there is no shortage of swapnicians around here. I use to look down on those guys, but now I appreciate them. Because when they have replaced a bunch of parts and have numerous hours invested, and when I show up and diagnose it in a hour. It makes me look good for the customer and my boss. God bless the parts changer.

  5. #5Swetz2020-03-25 16:54

    Swapnostics= replace with KGO (known good one) you keep all the parts that dont fix the equipment in your tool box for when another one comes in that you dont know how to fix

  6. #6cuttin edge2020-03-25 17:53

    Saw that on the back of a grader operator hoodie