Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

An Irish man 1893 decides to dig a hole to go home?

stock ยท 2009-09-07 16:29

In 1893 Paddy Hannan wanted to go home as he was tired of singing "It's along long way from Clare to here" and started digging a hole after his horse threw a shoe, the Auzzies thought it was a good idea and stayed at it .Still haven't reached us though. YouTube - kalgoorlie superpit tourist lookout

Replies7
  1. #1DigDug2009-09-07 17:19

    WOW , that is sweet ! Thanks

  2. #2Digger Dan2009-09-07 18:09

    Thats a good sized hole all right

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2009-09-07 20:58

    Awesome mine, what a fleet of trucks! What they need at that visitors center is one of those glass bottom walkways like that have at the Grand Canyon, so you can walk out and see straight down, that would be an awesome view! Of course I'm sure it wouldn't holdup to the blast they have to do!

  4. #4digger242j2009-09-07 23:12

    He hasn't got there yet, has he? :cool2 (Damned Irish are a stubborn bunch though...) On edit: Here, maybe this will help-- PADDY! It needs to be deep, not wide ...

  5. #5willie592009-09-07 23:18

    Let me guess...don't ask me how I know that! :lmao

  6. #6Speedpup2009-09-08 18:20

    being what they called me a "Narrow Back" and me being the only one born in the USA out of my entire extended family in my generation I have been called thick headed too :Banghead! Been called worse but I'd like to retain my posting privilages so I won't type the rest. ointhead Didn't work on utube it say try later worked now do to luck of the? Some hole I guess it will be a deep lake when they reclaim it? After they get the gold out of it what do they do with all they dug out? I didn't really get the scale of it till I watch more than the beginning. Looked like Tonka toys!

  7. #7diggerop2009-09-08 23:26

    Too deep for one lake , they'll probably slice it up and make lots of shallower ones. :