Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

An Update on my Uncles Job!

fensoncont. ยท 2007-01-28 13:18

Hello everyone, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out with info on that job. He got the job at $3.25/yd. I'm proud to say he used my numbers. The next bidder was close to $5.00/yd. Thanks again for the help everyone, it was very much appreciated!

Replies14
  1. #1JBL2007-01-28 18:45

    I would chew you out for leaving $1.75/yd on the table. :bouncegri Seriously, congratulations on getting the job and I hope you guys make some money.

  2. #2digger242j2007-01-28 19:09

    Yeah. That's the part that counts. Let us know how you did once all the money's counted...

  3. #3fensoncont.2007-01-28 20:04

    Thanks guys. Well, he must have been happy with my estimant if he submitted it. Thanks again for all your help.

  4. #4dayexco2007-01-28 20:56

    might not hurt to get bid tabs of jobs bid in the area in similar conditions, volumes, and compare them to what your bid is. give you a handle how your competition bids. there is no doubt a reason there was a 35% spread from low to #2...work load of the other contractor's. etc. but a guy hates giving up too many new pickups

  5. #5Countryboy2007-01-28 22:34

    Congrats on winning Fensoncont. :thumbsup Thats a big accomplishment for a young man like yourself. :yup

  6. #6rino14942007-01-29 07:16

    What job are we talking about? How much actual money was left on the table ?

  7. #7dayexco2007-01-29 10:00

    my understanding was a 50,000 c.y. job...$1.75 per yd. spread from low to #2....x 50,000 yds. = $87,500.00 that's 2 pickups

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2007-01-29 15:37

    Congrats Nolan:thumbsup I hope it works out as you planned. You know we will be expecting pictures and results as the work progresses.:yup I wish I could find some $3.25 dirt around here. Last bid under $1.00 and still not low enough:crying :crying

  9. #9fensoncont.2007-01-29 15:41

    Thanks guys! JDOFMEMI, Are you an estimator for that company?? Also, what kinda jobs you have out there?? Around here the average is $2.00 for onsite work.

  10. #10rino14942007-01-29 20:06

    What type of work is it ?

  11. #11TRACKHOE712007-01-29 20:06

    congrats nolan. yes we would all like to see some pics! thats a heck of accomplishment at such a young age. kepp up the good work!:thumbsup

  12. #12fensoncont.2007-01-29 20:16

    Im misunderstanding your questions there, in specific what do you mean?? Thanks for the compliments!

  13. #13rino14942007-01-29 20:24

    I just saw your thread. I was wondering if it was reclamation, site prep or what. If it was site prep, I was gonna say that your price is way low, but you are just humping dirt.

  14. #14fensoncont.2007-01-29 20:28

    He's just gonna scoop dirt off of a pile, haul it, dump it in the middle of nowhere, and grade it with a dozer.