Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

another 490e hydraulic question

Dusty Ratcliff ยท 2014-05-05 20:15

just picked up a Deere 490E I was having some trouble with the hydraulics, seemed like the pump wouldn't destroke and it would bog the engine down, changed out the angle sensor with a new one from Deere and it seems alot better than it was, but still giving some trouble with loading the engine but now it seems to be just on the track and swing circuits, I ordered a seal kit for the center joint hoping that will fix the issues, is there anything else that I may check while I'm waiting for the seal kit to get here, and I thought I read somewhere that the plug ins going to the valves on top of the pump should have 24v to ground on them with the key on and I dont have anything on them??? thanks alot Dusty

Replies4
  1. #1Dusty Ratcliff2014-05-05 20:21

    also just for the heck of mentioning it, the new angle sensor had a punch mark on it and the only way I could get it to read 4.40 volts was with the punch mark facing away from the wiring harness the instructions said it should face the harness??? does that make any difference??

  2. #2rgl7262014-05-05 21:25

    the punch mark should be facing away from the harness. also check your outer high speed solenoid valve.

  3. #3Dusty Ratcliff2014-05-05 21:35

    where is that located? and what is the procedure for checking???thanks

  4. #4rgl7262014-05-05 21:37

    on the top of the main pump. you can see 2 of them. try to replace the outer one.