Need to top off the big tank up by the fuel tank. Cat has fluid for 100$$ per 5 gallons, plus tax. I hear it's made by Mobil. Does anyone know what to ask for in a Mobil product? What do the 953C owners on the forum use? I'm not against getting the best but don't know if Cat is any better than something else that may be exact same product for a better price. LB
If you want to know anything and everything about oils then, check out www.bobistheoilguy.com
Good evening leakyboot, if your topping off your hyd tank I would just use any good quality 10 weight diesel engine oil Cat developt a new hydraulic oil couple years back called It advance 10 hydraulic oil as you said it is a bit pricey . Its now used as factory fill in all CAT machines Its Benifit is that It has a 6000 hr change Interval instead of 2000 hour change. if you were changing your oil I would recomend it . As far As I Know no other oil manufacture has oil that goes 6000 hours between changes but Ive been wrong before . I have a friend that sells mobil told me while back that mobil DTE 26 hyd oil cost about $125 and it cant do the 6000 hr claim
I just bought a 953C and have MFA bulk hydraulic oil in our shop that we use for other machinery. Does anyone know if that is Ok to use in the 953C? Thanks
we use the ESSO brand 10W30 oil through almost all of the machine. good reasonable price ,does a fine job, the machine is worked hard (landfill) with no issues after 6000hrs of active usage with change at every 2000hr mark. if im not mistaken the only other grade is in the final drives.