Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

another Aus road train at work

rayman ยท 2018-09-14 05:19

This train was the longest in the country at one time.The fourth trailer was a power unit also about 375 hp and the tractor about 600 hp. The whole affair was back at the builders here where I live in Qld for refurbish before sale to another mine. It also runs on public roads

Replies3
  1. #1Wes J2018-09-14 19:46

    Must be awful flat there. I pulled a hill today up the river bluff grossing all of about 27 tons and could barely get 35 mph with 425 horses under the hood.

  2. #2Old Doug2018-09-14 21:44

    Years ago I can remember alot or hills were the speedo didnt read anything. It would be interesting to go there and drive a truck.

  3. #3Wes J2018-09-14 22:17

    Sounds right. I used to run a lot of Internationals with mechanical DT466s. On some hills you'd be in low low trying to crawl your way to the top. It's pretty discouraging to downshift 8 times...