Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Cat decoding thread.

mitch504 ยท 2013-10-17 21:45

Hey guys, bought another truck today. This one has a 3406 in it. All my life I've mostly messed with Mack, Cummins, and Detroits in trucks. Most of my Cat engine experience has been equipment. I know this is a mechanical 3406, 400hp. I don't see a letter, but I thought a '93 was too knew to not be a b or a c model. I am going to post some numbers for any of you who feel like it to tell me what you can about the engine, and a few more for you too tell me what they mean. Thanks, Mitch Ser. No.3zj31779 ar no. 4p0994 perf spec 0t9538 oem no 8026487 Ok, I know what those mean, I just want to know anything you can tell me about this engine from them. these next I know are used in setting up the pump, I've just always been curious how: both static fuel measurements and the A/F ratio (air/fuel?)

Replies0

No replies yet.