Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another old truck

Welder Dave ยท 2024-04-08 01:18

Went out to a field full of older heavy equipment today. The same place that had the Autocar extended cab truck. Took a pic. of this truck but no idea what it is.

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-04-08 08:13

    1946 to 41-K model---8 or so, 1947 up were KB.

  2. #256wrench2024-04-08 09:48

    Definitely an IH. Easier to tell the difference between a K and KB in the small trucks due to the side extensions of the grille(or lack of)

  3. #3bam19682024-04-08 22:39

    I think that is a KB. The only reason I say that is because of the grill (unless it has been changed). There are holes to mount the chrome strips. AFAIK all of the K models had a plain grill (no chrome). I have a KB-1 that I put a center grill off of a K-1 on. So I know they were interchangeable on the pickups, I'm guessing the same is true on the bigger trucks as well??

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-04-09 00:00

    When I go back out I'll see if there's a tag or something that could better identify it. I'll take some more pics. of the extended cab Autocar too. Lots of neat old stuff out there.

  5. #5Truck Shop2024-04-10 14:56

    Main difference is where the badge mounted on the shell.