Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

another ? on a JLG 45ic lift

want 2 get high ยท 2019-06-12 20:38

So my lift has a warning light and alarm on. It is for the trans filter bypass. I changed out the filter thinking it was clogged. No change. Any thoughts on what my next check should be. Does the sensor on top of the filter housing need to be reset? Any and all help is appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632019-06-12 21:03

    How many wires are on the sensor?

  2. #2want 2 get high2019-06-12 21:24

    I will have to look. I know the sensor has 4 prongs but I did not pay attention to the number of wires that run to the plug. I will look tomorrow and post. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3want 2 get high2019-06-13 17:32

    So I checked today and there are 3 wires running to the sensor.

  4. #4want 2 get high2019-06-16 11:08

    So after doing some checking with a test light and a V/O meter and not coming up with anything I removed the sensor at which point I thought I heard a click. Tapped the sensor on a piece of wood a few time in the direction that would close it and put it back in. No more warning light or beeper. Not sure if the sender needs to be removed in the event of a warning light to reset it but it seem to work in this case. Any thoughts on this for future reference would be appreciated.