Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another one followed me home…….

Shimmy1 ยท 2024-03-12 23:26

Been looking for about 4-6 months for a loader. I hoped to find one with a 3rd valve, but I guess they aren't too hard to install. I've been watching this one for about 3 months and today made a play for it. 2016 WA320-7. 4800 hours, Q/C, decent tires, tight pins/bushings, not beat up at all. Offered $10k less than asking, they countered with $5k less. Told them I'd let them know in a few days, they called back about a half hour after I left and said if I made the deal today, they'd give it to me for $500 less than my offer, so I got it for $99,500 plus tax. Guy I work with bought a 270-7 last spring and we really like it, so now the search begins for a grapple. Pics are the dealer's, so not the best.

Replies6
  1. #1colson042024-03-13 21:03

    That's quite the machine. What are your plans for it? Land clearing with the grapple? Or will you be using it to handle pipe? We have a WA180-3 that runs 356 days a year that has just been a solidly dependable loader. We bought it used about 7 years ago, moving sand and manure daily.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-03-13 21:38

    Loading trucks, tree work, anything else where a loader likes to play. Someday hope to get a Faver grapple for it. For now, if I need it for tree work, I have access to a Grabtec grapple bucket. Guy I work with has a 270, I used it a little last season and knew it was a little light for what I need. In all reality, a 380 is probably what I should have, but they are a little fat to take off-road lol.

  3. #3Acoals2024-03-13 21:58

    That's a nice machine, Komatsu builds a good loader. I spent a lot of time in WA500's years back . . .

  4. #4Shimmy12024-03-13 23:14

    I loaded sugarbeets for three seasons for Transsytems. First year we had 450s, and a couple 500-3. Then, they went with all new 500-6. Still my favorite loader of them all.

  5. #5Shimmy12024-03-22 21:02
  6. #6kshansen2024-03-23 07:30

    We had a WA600 at the quarry brand new Oct 24, 1996, when I retired in 2015 it had right around 25,000 hours on it. It had been somewhat semi-retired in 2005 as that year we got a new 988H to replace it as the main pit loader. Last I knew, about a year ago they still had the WA600 as a spare. Over all I'd have to say it was/is a good machine last I knew it had never had the transmission apart or the final drives, brakes or differentials. Only major engine work, KT1150 Cummins, was when it dropped a valve and that I fixed only going as deep as pulling the heads! Hydraulic pumps and cylinders were a problem at first but most of that went away with up dated seals. Last I knew there was a new/rebuilt main hydraulic pump sitting in a box on the shelf since around 2005!