Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Test

Tinkerer · 2021-11-22 21:15

Didn't work.

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-11-23 14:49

    This time either.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2021-11-24 00:05

    What is it you're trying to do?

  3. #3kshansen2021-11-24 07:54

    Yea, give us a hint at what the attempt is for and I'm sure someone can get the answer to you. Or try a "Start a Conversation" with one of us and we can work on it from there!

  4. #4Tinkerer2021-11-24 21:35

    Create a hyperlink. A hyperlink can be as simple as one word or several. I see them posted here from time to time. Pasting a web-address in the link creator (looks like a chain link) that is in the toolbar at the top this message only results in the full web-address getting posted. As most of you reading this most likely know that the toolbar does not appear in a message after it is posted. If you use gmail it has a quick simple way to create a hyperlink in a new message. This is an image of the link creator that is available in all HEF new un-posted messages. I may be doing something wrong but I can't seem to create a hyperlink with it. I may as well just paste the web address in any message I create. I think hyper-links make messages easier to read and look uncluttered. Below is a gmail hyper-link creator and it works quite well.

  5. #5Bootheal2021-11-25 00:03

    What did you say? Break out the Flux Capacitor, he’s gone over the edge!

  6. #6Steve Frazier2021-11-25 00:39

    If I'm following what you're saying correctly I believe I have that function disabled. There have been too many times in the past where a photo hosted by hyperlink has been removed and then we have a thread with a bunch of red X's. If pictures are to accompany a thread they must be loaded to our server so they may be enjoyed indefinitely.

  7. #7Tinkerer2021-11-25 07:52

    Aha! Thanks Steve. That explains it. I know it is a trivial thing. Computer challenges are like waving a bone in front of a dog for me. I keep after them until I figure it out. Kinda like Vetech and his ongoing dilemma with all the work left to him by the dummies he has to work around. 20 minutes after I posted this --- I found a hyperlink to the CNH parts book. It was posted by alrman. He has it figured out ! Just like anything made by Case. HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8Tinkerer2021-11-29 07:55

    John-Deere-Parts Success ! On a Monday morning no less !!!!