Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Antique & Vintage Trucks.

Truck Shop · 2025-01-28 08:14
Replies1,691
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:15
  2. #2Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:16
  3. #3Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:17
  4. #4Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:18
  5. #5Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:19
  6. #6Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:20
  7. #7Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:21
  8. #8Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:21
  9. #9Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:22
  10. #10Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:23
  11. #11Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:24
  12. #12Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:26
  13. #13Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:27
  14. #14Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:27
  15. #15Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:28
  16. #16Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:29
  17. #17Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:30
  18. #18Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:31
  19. #19Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:32
  20. #20Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:32
  21. #21Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:33
  22. #22Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:34
  23. #23Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:35
  24. #24Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:36
  25. #25Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:37
  26. #26Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:38
  27. #27Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:39
  28. #28Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:40
  29. #29Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:41
  30. #30Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:41
  31. #31Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:42
  32. #32Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:43
  33. #33Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:50
  34. #34Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:51
  35. #35Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:52
  36. #36Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:53
  37. #37Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:53
  38. #38Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:54
  39. #39Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:55
  40. #40Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:56
  41. #41Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:57
  42. #42Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:58
  43. #43Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:59
  44. #44Truck Shop2025-01-28 08:59
  45. #45Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:00
  46. #46Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:01
  47. #47Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:02
  48. #48Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:03
  49. #49Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:04
  50. #50Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:05
  51. #51Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:06
  52. #52Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:07
  53. #53Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:08
  54. #54Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:14
  55. #55Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:16
  56. #56Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:17
  57. #57Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:18
  58. #58Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:19
  59. #59Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:19
  60. #60Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:20
  61. #61Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:21
  62. #62Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:21
  63. #63Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:22
  64. #64Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:23
  65. #65Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:24
  66. #66Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:24
  67. #67Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:25
  68. #68Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:26
  69. #69Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:27
  70. #70Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:36
  71. #71Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:36
  72. #72Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:37
  73. #73Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:38
  74. #74Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:39
  75. #75Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:40
  76. #76Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:40
  77. #77Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:41
  78. #78Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:42
  79. #79Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:43
  80. #80Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:44
  81. #81Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:45
  82. #82Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:46
  83. #83Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:48
  84. #84Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:49
  85. #85Truck Shop2025-01-28 09:50
  86. #86Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:45
  87. #87Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:46
  88. #88Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:47
  89. #89Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:48
  90. #90Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:49
  91. #91Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:50
  92. #92Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:51
  93. #93Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:51
  94. #94Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:52
  95. #95Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:53
  96. #96Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:54
  97. #97Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:55
  98. #98Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:56
  99. #99Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:57
  100. #100Truck Shop2025-01-28 18:58
  101. #101Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:01
  102. #102Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:02
  103. #103Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:03
  104. #104Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:04
  105. #105Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:05
  106. #106Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:07
  107. #107Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:08
  108. #108Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:09
  109. #109Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:10
  110. #110Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:11
  111. #111Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:12
  112. #112Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:13
  113. #113Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:14
  114. #114Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:15
  115. #115Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:16
  116. #116Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:17
  117. #117Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:18
  118. #118Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:19
  119. #119Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:20
  120. #120Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:21
  121. #121Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:23
  122. #122Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:24
  123. #123Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:25
  124. #124Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:26
  125. #125Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:27
  126. #126Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:28
  127. #127Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:29
  128. #128Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:30
  129. #129Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:31
  130. #130Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:32
  131. #131Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:33
  132. #132Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:34
  133. #133Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:35
  134. #134Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:35
  135. #135Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:36
  136. #136Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:39
  137. #137Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:39
  138. #138Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:40
  139. #139Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:41
  140. #140Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:42
  141. #141Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:43
  142. #142Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:44
  143. #143Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:45
  144. #144Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:46
  145. #145Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:47
  146. #146Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:48
  147. #147Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:50
  148. #148Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:51
  149. #149Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:52
  150. #150Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:52
  151. #151Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:53
  152. #152Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:54
  153. #153Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:55
  154. #154Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:56
  155. #155Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:56
  156. #156Truck Shop2025-01-28 19:57
  157. #157Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:26
  158. #158Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:27
  159. #159Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:29
  160. #160Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:30
  161. #161Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:32
  162. #162Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:35
  163. #163Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:36
  164. #164Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:37
  165. #165Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:38
  166. #166Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:39
  167. #167Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:39
  168. #168Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:40
  169. #169Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:41
  170. #170Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:42
  171. #171Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:43
  172. #172Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:44
  173. #173Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:45
  174. #174Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:46
  175. #175Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:47
  176. #176Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:48
  177. #177Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:48
  178. #178Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:49
  179. #179Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:50
  180. #180Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:53
  181. #181Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:53
  182. #182Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:54
  183. #183Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:55
  184. #184Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:56
  185. #185Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:56
  186. #186Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:57
  187. #187Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:58
  188. #188Truck Shop2025-01-28 20:59
  189. #189Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:00
  190. #190Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:01
  191. #191Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:02
  192. #192Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:03
  193. #193Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:04
  194. #194Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:05
  195. #195Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:06
  196. #196Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:07
  197. #197Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:09
  198. #198Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:10
  199. #199Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:11
  200. #200Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:12
  201. #201Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:13
  202. #202Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:14
  203. #203Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:14
  204. #204Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:15
  205. #205Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:16
  206. #206Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:17
  207. #207Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:18
  208. #208Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:19
  209. #209Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:20
  210. #210Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:20
  211. #211Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:21
  212. #212Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:22
  213. #213Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:23
  214. #214Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:23
  215. #215Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:24
  216. #216Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:25
  217. #217Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:26
  218. #218Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:27
  219. #219Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:28
  220. #220Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:28
  221. #221Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:29
  222. #222Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:30
  223. #223Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:31
  224. #224Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:32
  225. #225Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:32
  226. #226Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:34
  227. #227Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:35
  228. #228Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:36
  229. #229Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:36
  230. #230Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:37
  231. #231Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:38
  232. #232Truck Shop2025-01-28 21:39
  233. #233skyking12025-01-28 22:21

    Thanks for reposting my old Mack with Cummins and the Unit shovel photo. I really like that yellow Pe El Mack with the big logs above that.

  234. #234materthegreater2025-01-28 22:44

    TS lost his voice but his camera is still working fine 12 pages later

  235. #235Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:44
  236. #236Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:45
  237. #237Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:46
  238. #238Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:47
  239. #239Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:48
  240. #240Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:49
  241. #241Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:49
  242. #242Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:51
  243. #243Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:52
  244. #244Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:53
  245. #245Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:54
  246. #246Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:55
  247. #247Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:56
  248. #248Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:58
  249. #249Truck Shop2025-01-29 07:59
  250. #250Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:00
  251. #251Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:02
  252. #252Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:03
  253. #253Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:04
  254. #254Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:05
  255. #255Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:07
  256. #256Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:08
  257. #257Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:09
  258. #258Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:10
  259. #259Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:11
  260. #260Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:13
  261. #261Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:13
  262. #262Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:14
  263. #263Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:15
  264. #264Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:17
  265. #265Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:18
  266. #266Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:19
  267. #267Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:20
  268. #268Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:21
  269. #269Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:21
  270. #270Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:23
  271. #271Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:24
  272. #272Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:25
  273. #273Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:28
  274. #274Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:30
  275. #275Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:30
  276. #276Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:32
  277. #277Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:33
  278. #278Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:34
  279. #279Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:35
  280. #280Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:36
  281. #281Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:38
  282. #282Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:39
  283. #283Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:40
  284. #284Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:41
  285. #285Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:41
  286. #286Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:43
  287. #287Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:44
  288. #288Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:48
  289. #289Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:49
  290. #290Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:50
  291. #291Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:51
  292. #292oarwhat2025-01-29 08:52

    What a collection ! Almost Too many to look at. LOL

  293. #293Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:53
  294. #294Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:54
  295. #295Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:55
  296. #296Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:56
  297. #297Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:57
  298. #298Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:58
  299. #299Truck Shop2025-01-29 08:59
  300. #300Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:00
  301. #301Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:01
  302. #302Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:03
  303. #303Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:04
  304. #304Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:05
  305. #305Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:09
  306. #306Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:10
  307. #307Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:11
  308. #308Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:12
  309. #309Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:13
  310. #310Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:14
  311. #311Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:15
  312. #312Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:16
  313. #313Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:16
  314. #314Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:18
  315. #315Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:19
  316. #316Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:20
  317. #317Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:21
  318. #318Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:22
  319. #319Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:29
  320. #320Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:30
  321. #321Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:31
  322. #322Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:32
  323. #323Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:33
  324. #324Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:34
  325. #325Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:35
  326. #326Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:36
  327. #327Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:37
  328. #328Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:38
  329. #329Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:40
  330. #330Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:40
  331. #331Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:41
  332. #332Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:42
  333. #333Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:43
  334. #334Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:43
  335. #335Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:44
  336. #336Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:45
  337. #337Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:46
  338. #338Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:47
  339. #339Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:48
  340. #340Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:48
  341. #341Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:49
  342. #342Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:50
  343. #343Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:51
  344. #344Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:52
  345. #345Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:52
  346. #346Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:53
  347. #347Truck Shop2025-01-29 09:54
  348. #348Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:22
  349. #349Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:22
  350. #350Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:23
  351. #351Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:24
  352. #352Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:25
  353. #353Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:26
  354. #354Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:27
  355. #355Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:28
  356. #356Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:28
  357. #357Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:29
  358. #358Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:30
  359. #359Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:31
  360. #360Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:31
  361. #361Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:32
  362. #362Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:33
  363. #363Truck Shop2025-01-29 10:34
  364. #364mowingman2025-01-29 11:18

    Beautiful old trucks, which mostly seem to be from the west coast. Here are a few from a truck show in the midwest,(Ohio).

  365. #365Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:35

    From all over the U.S. thanks for the photos.

  366. #366Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:38
  367. #367Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:39
  368. #368Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:40
  369. #369Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:41
  370. #370Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:42
  371. #371Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:42
  372. #372Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:43
  373. #373Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:44
  374. #374Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:45
  375. #375Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:46
  376. #376Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:46
  377. #377Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:47
  378. #378Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:48
  379. #379Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:49
  380. #380Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:50
  381. #381Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:51
  382. #382Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:51
  383. #383Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:52
  384. #384Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:54
  385. #385Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:54
  386. #386Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:55
  387. #387Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:56
  388. #388Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:57
  389. #389Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:58
  390. #390Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:59
  391. #391Truck Shop2025-01-29 14:59
  392. #392Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:00
  393. #393Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:01
  394. #394Pops522025-01-29 15:11

    Thanks for all the pics TS.

  395. #395Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:45
  396. #396Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:46
  397. #397Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:47
  398. #398Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:48
  399. #399Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:49
  400. #400Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:49
  401. #401Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:50
  402. #402Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:51
  403. #403Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:52
  404. #404Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:53
  405. #405Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:53
  406. #406Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:54
  407. #407Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:55
  408. #408Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:56
  409. #409Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:57
  410. #410Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:58
  411. #411Truck Shop2025-01-29 15:59
  412. #412Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:00
  413. #413Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:00
  414. #414Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:01
  415. #415Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:02
  416. #416Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:03
  417. #417Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:04
  418. #418Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:05
  419. #419Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:06
  420. #420Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:07
  421. #421Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:08
  422. #422Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:09
  423. #423Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:10
  424. #424Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:11
  425. #425Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:11
  426. #426Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:12
  427. #427Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:13
  428. #428Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:14
  429. #429Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:15
  430. #430Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:16
  431. #431Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:17
  432. #432Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:18
  433. #433Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:19
  434. #434Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:20
  435. #435Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:21
  436. #436Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:21
  437. #437Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:22
  438. #438Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:23
  439. #439Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:23
  440. #440Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:24
  441. #441Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:25
  442. #442Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:26
  443. #443Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:26
  444. #444Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:27
  445. #445Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:29
  446. #446Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:30
  447. #447Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:31
  448. #448Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:32
  449. #449Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:32
  450. #450Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:33
  451. #451Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:34
  452. #452Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:36
  453. #453Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:37
  454. #454Truck Shop2025-01-29 16:37
  455. #455Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:32
  456. #456Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:33
  457. #457Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:33
  458. #458Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:34
  459. #459Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:35
  460. #460Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:36
  461. #461Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:37
  462. #462Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:37
  463. #463Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:38
  464. #464Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:39
  465. #465Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:40
  466. #466Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:41
  467. #467Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:42
  468. #468Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:43
  469. #469Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:44
  470. #470Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:46
  471. #471Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:47
  472. #472Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:49
  473. #473Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:49
  474. #474Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:50
  475. #475Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:51
  476. #476Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:52
  477. #477Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:54
  478. #478Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:55
  479. #479Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:56
  480. #480Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:57
  481. #481Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:58
  482. #482Truck Shop2025-01-29 17:59
  483. #483Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:00
  484. #484Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:01
  485. #485Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:01
  486. #486Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:14
  487. #487Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:15
  488. #488Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:17
  489. #489Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:19
  490. #490Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:19
  491. #491Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:20
  492. #492Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:21
  493. #493Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:22
  494. #494Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:23
  495. #495Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:24
  496. #496Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:26
  497. #497Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:27
  498. #498Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:28
  499. #499Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:29
  500. #500Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:30
  501. #501Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:31
  502. #502Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:32
  503. #503Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:33
  504. #504Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:34
  505. #505Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:35
  506. #506Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:36
  507. #507Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:37
  508. #508Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:40
  509. #509Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:41
  510. #510Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:41
  511. #511Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:42
  512. #512Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:43
  513. #513Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:44
  514. #514Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:45
  515. #515Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:45
  516. #516Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:46
  517. #517Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:47
  518. #518Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:48
  519. #519Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:49
  520. #520Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:50
  521. #521Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:51
  522. #522Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:52
  523. #523Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:53
  524. #524Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:54
  525. #525Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:55
  526. #526Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:56
  527. #527Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:57
  528. #528Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:58
  529. #529Truck Shop2025-01-29 18:59
  530. #530Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:00
  531. #531Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:01
  532. #532Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:02
  533. #533Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:03
  534. #534Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:10
  535. #535Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:11
  536. #536Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:12
  537. #537Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:13
  538. #538Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:14
  539. #539Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:15
  540. #540Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:16
  541. #541Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:17
  542. #542Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:18
  543. #543Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:19
  544. #544Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:20
  545. #545Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:21
  546. #546Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:22
  547. #547Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:26
  548. #548Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:27
  549. #549Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:28
  550. #550Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:29
  551. #551Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:30
  552. #552Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:31
  553. #553Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:32
  554. #554Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:33
  555. #555Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:34
  556. #556Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:39
  557. #557Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:40
  558. #558Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:40
  559. #559Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:41
  560. #560Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:42
  561. #561Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:43
  562. #562Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:44
  563. #563Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:45
  564. #564Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:46
  565. #565Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:48
  566. #566Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:49
  567. #567Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:51
  568. #568Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:52
  569. #569Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:53
  570. #570Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:53
  571. #571Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:54
  572. #572Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:55
  573. #573Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:56
  574. #574Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:57
  575. #575Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:58
  576. #576Truck Shop2025-01-29 19:59
  577. #577Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:00
  578. #578Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:01
  579. #579Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:01
  580. #580Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:49
  581. #581Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:52
  582. #582Truck Shop2025-01-29 20:52

    Done.

  583. #583Truck Shop2025-04-05 21:32

    Had to post this phony ad. Powered with that and having a nerf bar, a turtle has time to cross it's path, overloaded and under powered. *

  584. #584M92PV4U2025-04-20 21:56
  585. #5851466IH2025-04-20 22:21

    KW sure has made some sharp looking trucks over the years. Your B model is still second to none. Was talking to the gentleman I got my drag line from the other day and found out that it used to get hauled from job to job on a 57 B model and a 2 axle lowboy with just ramps. There used to be real men back in the day. Wish there were still more of them around. A lot of knowledge from him and a lot of the guys on here that will be gone forever when they are gone

  586. #586M92PV4U2025-04-26 14:20
  587. #587Truck Shop2025-05-04 20:52

    Rather odd late 40's K cab with a short west coast grille--never seen one before and cannot find a photo of one--other wise i wouldn't post it. *

  588. #588JaredV2025-05-04 21:44

    I seem to recall seeing a picture of one and I think they called it a KB14.

  589. #589Truck Shop2025-05-04 21:56

    I've seen 14's with a 11 grille.

  590. #590Truck Shop2025-05-05 10:27

    I must forgot I had a photo-some reason don't remember it. But I have a 14 logger photo. *

  591. #591Truck Shop2025-05-05 13:56

    Problem is I don't have some models categorized very well in my folders, plus hundreds of photos to look through that are in boxes that are not even scanned. Plus my memory is getting lax.

  592. #592DMiller2025-05-25 16:31

    Just found this OP, Awesome memories this.

  593. #593Truck Shop2025-06-13 09:59

    Old School can't be relived in these times--it's long since disappeared. And trying to revive it is a waste of time. It's like trying to relive the 1870's wild west--eras only happen once for a reason.

  594. #594M92PV4U2025-06-13 21:32

    My picture of the '58 ford is current, it has a 292 Y block, factory 4v intake manifold. It is capable of drilling for 5 days straight without shutdown.

  595. #595Truck Shop2025-06-13 21:58

    Things like yours, isn't what I'm referring to.

  596. #596Truck Shop2025-06-19 10:54

    Might be a fun day seeing what a friend with towing company drags in today. Had a lady call him yesterday about removing a a bunch of construction equipment that has been left {squatted} on her land without permission, by someone she hired to do some work. Most all of it is not in squatters name according to sheriff. And has been setting there for eight plus months. Two Ford 9000's, two Kenworth W900A models, Superliner Mack with lowboy, 988, misc trailers, backhoes, a cat or two, and a small excavator. Bunch of stuff. All going to impound. Probably a big legal mess, will go to auction.

  597. #597Truck Shop2025-06-19 21:32

    Here's the only piece worth anything and that ain't saying much. SSHD rears on 8 bag, Watson Chalin drop, 12515 spd, 400 B model, retarder. All tires are junk. The cab has been replaced along with hood. About a $8,000 dollar truck needing 40k in repairs. Bagged out. *

  598. #598Truck Shop2025-07-03 18:38

    King of the Pete's. One I've personally seen and know the owner, nicest custom on the road. Hauls his friend with him, a cute little dog, pulling his custom built travel trailer in retirement. *

  599. #599Truck Shop2025-07-03 18:44

    I asked {Harleyhappy} to do me a favor, which he did and I appreciated it. He traveled to take a couple of photos for me in Manchester NH. The only thing removed was My Last One. *

  600. #600Pops522025-07-03 19:39

    I like the green cab ID lights! Real glass?

  601. #601Truck Shop2025-07-03 20:38

    I don't know, been 5 years since I last saw it. Those photos were taken last year by someone else.

  602. #602skyking12025-07-03 23:07

    That is cool that @HarleyHappy got some photos in place of the truck.

  603. #603HarleyHappy2025-07-04 08:55

    I so would have loved to take the truck home with me, at least it’s not lonely. Its in an old truck bonanza, in a warehouse full of memories and dreams. Still no grease on the fifth wheel.

  604. #604skyking12025-07-04 12:03

    It has nothing to prove, like the artwork of a street rod that could knock off a 12 second pass and never will.

  605. #605mowingman2025-07-04 12:51

    Here are a few I found in Tonawanda, NY in about 1975.

  606. #606DMiller2025-07-04 16:32

    Brockway, mod sixties A Cars, a few B Macks.

  607. #607Truck Shop2025-07-04 16:51

    This photo---has been taken by many from same vantage point, have seen these many times. Still neat. *

  608. #608Truck Shop2025-09-09 11:29

    Trucking industry--it's the only one I can think of that it's expected and under the covers accepted to not telling the truth. E-Logs came along for a reason, the only area in which it didn't have a issue was oversized loads because of sun up sun down time frame in most cases. The broker industry created it, knowing full well what they were doing. But even these days the E-Log can be manipulated at the company desk.

  609. #609DMiller2025-09-09 18:12

    Anything thought up and developed by a Human is Hackable.

  610. #610Truck Shop2025-09-09 19:21

    Ain't that the truth, allot of tricks played on that system.

  611. #611Truck Shop2025-09-15 22:12

    A rare/odd ball--built using IH S cab. Rich Guererra bought the rights to Diamond T, which folded in 67. Then became Diamond Reo in late 60's to mid 70's. He built a few with a guy named Barnick in New Haven Conn. Got sick sold the name which became T Line. This was built mid 80's. *

  612. #612materthegreater2025-09-22 21:44
  613. #613Truck Shop2025-09-22 21:50

    Looks like a 57.

  614. #614Pops522025-09-22 22:58

    Got this from a friend at a small show in yerington,Nv over the weekend.

  615. #615DMiller2025-09-23 01:23

    And a still running Hall Scott!!

  616. #616Truck Shop2025-09-23 03:27

    Uh oh--hoping this thread stays on the quiet side.

  617. #617Truck Shop2025-09-24 21:50
  618. #618DMiller2025-09-25 02:46

    A Variant of the Three Man Cab?

  619. #619oarwhat2025-09-25 07:06

    We used to buy old New York State plow trucks. They were triple frame International , S/A dumps. I think the model was 210? The 549 engines were gas guzzling and gutless. Exhaust manifolds were always a problem, prone to cracking.

  620. #620Truck Shop2025-09-25 08:42

    Three man cab was early models like that one. * IH-549 or Ford 534 were both turds, but that was what there was for the times. Small diesels just didn't get a foot hold, people were stuck on gas back then. Even with cats 1160 {which wasn't a power house} people stuck with what they knew. Two tons were all basically gas, IH really was the beginner with the DT series in a two ton. As the size of farms grew it became evident to Ag class 8 was the only way to go. There is scads of wheat farms around here with old 60's/70's C60's/F700's setting fence rowed for years that only have 40,000 miles on them, with exhaust systems pointing up in front of grille equipped with glass packs pointing to the sky. Even with that those old gas powered were know for starting stubble fires. Not to mention the fact it was time to also abandon juice brakes for air. Yard goat 210 below with a 855 cummins. *

  621. #621oarwhat2025-09-25 08:57

    I have to say the cabs were rally well built on the 210's. They didn't rot out and the doors shut perfect even in the junk yard. The next model with squarer cabs, were rotted out before the state auctioned them. Terrible trucks

  622. #622Truck Shop2025-09-25 10:28

    Anything with a steel cab is prone to rot. Trucks with steel cabs used in agriculture have a very limited life expectancy. Most around here never buy new, always used. They get covered with dry fertilizer dust, parked for winter collecting moisture, rotting all winter long. Wrenches?---the torch becomes the weapon of choice, nothing left to put a socket on. I remember one old Loadstar the Ag company had when I started working there. brought it in the shop to gander at it, noticed a bad spot on frame just behind cab. I had a phillips screwdriver in my pocket, scraped around with it and shoved it through the frame. Next stop was scrap yard.

  623. #623DMiller2025-09-25 18:21

    Worked on a series of old IH Cargostars belonged to Old Monroe Elevator, were their Fertilizer haulers and spreaders, could buy them for next to nothing gas or diesel and used until big pieces rotted off!!.

  624. #624Camshawn2025-09-25 22:23

    Here is a 59 GMC grain truck. Still working, no brakes but who needs to stop anyway. It is green so it must have come from Saskatchewan……(it did)

  625. #625DMiller2025-09-26 07:56

    Is a likely reason No Brakes, local here requested I look at their Prized 61 GMC, no brakes, replacement Hydrovac on it so tried to bleed brake system. Managed to get fluid thru all the bleeders and had brakes for a few minutes then MC went dry, no external leak so pulled line on booster and Hydro unit still leaking thru. Owner explained was the only one they could find, no parts available anymore to rebuild this style. Truck is parked likely for rest of its days.

  626. #626Truck Shop2025-09-26 22:29
  627. #627Truck Shop2025-09-28 04:00
  628. #628Truck Shop2025-10-03 20:38
  629. #629DMiller2025-10-04 14:46

    Ignore the Chrome Advertising, the History was better than found elsewhere, Hendrickson.

  630. #630Truck Shop2025-10-04 15:11

    Reyco and Neway should have tried building building a flop too.

  631. #631skyking12025-10-04 16:22

    Like all of that, especially that big off-road float.

  632. #632Truck Shop2025-10-04 17:29

    Lampson Crane Pasco---lowboy is Lampson built, like most of their stuff. Crane house on bed. I use to go there on Sundays to tour the yard, security let me wander around back then. The yard is full of {everything that's extremely heavy} and one off's.

  633. #633Truck Shop2025-10-04 17:43

    Stuff at Lampson that most all on here have never seen.

  634. #634DMiller2025-10-04 17:44

    From photos have shown have no doubts they have loads of One Offs.

  635. #635Truck Shop2025-10-04 21:30

    One of my favorites I took at Lampson yard, note pickup tire track in relation to size. *

  636. #636Truck Shop2025-10-04 21:34

    Two custom Lampson built. Special built for one job years ago might have used on others. *

  637. #637stinky642025-10-05 19:08

    Watched a modern marvels episode yesterday about how they forge those giant clevises and anchor chains for container ships, quite impressive. The guys on the foundry floor probably not as excited, hot, ass bustin' job.

  638. #638Truck Shop2025-10-05 19:43

    And this thing still sets, never used, and more than likely never will be. Hitachi paid for it, and it's only job is holding the ground down. *

  639. #639Truck Shop2025-10-05 21:07

    I really want to see a heavy haul move that--in one piece.

  640. #640skyking12025-10-05 22:44

    That is really cool. I have not been down to see it. It has 3 hooks, a whip, the main, and the OLD MAN. Fixed jib for the two little ones. That (puny by comparison) whirly at the dock I ran was a 3 hook affair too.

  641. #641Truck Shop2025-10-06 10:22

    Profile: Lampson International - Lampson Crane A key part of the success at Lampson is our International presence. While our main offices are in the US, Canada and Australia in our 73 years doing business we have operated in over 55 countries including Korea, Brazil, Chile, Scotland, Russia, and many more. One of our closest International... www.lampsoncrane.com

  642. #642Truck Shop2025-10-06 19:48
  643. #643DMiller2025-10-07 03:07

    Needs a little Sumpin Sumpin!! Like TLC, or maybe a shredder!!

  644. #644Truck Shop2025-10-07 07:36

    I could be exaggerating but not by much---The crud for sale on facebook market place is not far from that above in some cases--absolute junk for an average of $3,000 and up. For many the interiors are gutted, nothing but scrap. All listed as good father/son projects that ended up that way because it was a father/son project that abruptly came to halt because of cost or a argument between father & son and wife wants it gone. Totally rotted from setting outside, It was way beyond they're skill level from the start even if it wasn't rotted.

  645. #645Truck Shop2025-10-07 13:05

    A great example below--out of orbit price--it's a $500 dollar truck needing $60,000 in todays prices worth of work. Just price of paint and labor involved for body work would hit 25 to 30K. So 14K to start and it's still just a old 36 chevy. But it's a barn find-imagine that. Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com

  646. #646HawkX662025-10-07 13:50

    One of my 41 Chevys. This one is mostly original. Good or bad. The engine is a 1937 216 bored etc to a 235 in 1954. It still has the Sears Auto Center rebuild steel tag on the valve cover. She runs and drives beautiful. Work in progress of course. The dump body all works well too.

  647. #647DMiller2025-10-07 18:21

    And just as Alpine green as a Driptroit under all the layers.

  648. #648Truck Shop2025-10-07 22:05

    Don't repaint--it looks good the way it is--used condition.

  649. #649skyking12025-10-08 01:46

    that patina is great. Maybe wax it to seal in the goodness

  650. #650HawkX662025-10-08 07:55

    No paint in her future. I have another 41 that I might paint though. Someone dropped it on an 80s Chevy frame with a 454. It's just rested on it for now so I'll have to decide if I want to get her going like that. Might be kind of cool having the BBC. Tires will be alot cheaper too...

  651. #651Truck Shop2025-10-08 10:44

    A farmer I drive for during harvest gave me this 1949 3800 for free. Extremely straight but has no title. I don't know what I would do with it anyway. Zero rot. *

  652. #652HawkX662025-10-08 10:50

    Wow. Now that's a deal. It depends on what state, but you should be able to do a title search or something similar. There are ways around the hard and fast title rules. Especially with the age and whether or not it's been titled before. Just make sure you get a decent bill of sale and I'd reason to bet you'll be ok.

  653. #653Truck Shop2025-10-08 11:10

    Here in Washington no title means a allot of trouble in most cases even if in state. Out of state no title means zero chance. Drag a no title vehicle across state line and it's basically nothing but a parts pile. Although I have a friend with a towing biz that can file for lost easier than I can. Trouble is--I don't have any real need or use for it. Just a money pit.

  654. #654HawkX662025-10-08 11:30

    Alot of guys would love to do something with it so don't scrap it...

  655. #655Truck Shop2025-10-08 14:59

    It's setting in a box canyon behind that shed, been there for 9 years. Was inside of shed for years---notice I said {shed} not a barn. It will probably set there another 20 years.----------- but as some know my middle name is Scrap. Look here for one of my endeavors, I should have scrapped that one. Mack-Phase Two New thread because the other became cluttered. The rails arrived Wednesday the 30th in at 4:00 pm. And so far the engine bay is cut in both rails and 98 holes drilled with a Hougen Mag drill. The rails were perfectly formed-right on the money each 30'... HeavyEquipmentForums

  656. #656Old Doug2025-10-09 07:44

    I dont and cant understand why???? that it isnt easier to get a title ? I need to try to figure this out but my Dad had a auction and a few years ago and sold some stuff . One thing was a 1955 Buick and for some reason we steal have the title. I wish i could get it to who ever owns it now.

  657. #657Truck Shop2025-10-09 11:05

    It has to do with a chain of signed off release of interest. This state is strict on vehicle titles & ownership. Way too much stolen parts/cars floating around. An out of state requires vin# inspection, a salvage titled car better have all receipts for any used parts installed. It doesn't bother me--I like the rules, especially when at the DOL counter buying license tabs and hearing some guy crying the blues about trying sneaking something past next window over, and they caught him like a rat.

  658. #658mowingman2025-10-09 11:44

    There are companies who can get you a title for most any vehicle. These title companies are not cheap however.

  659. #659Truck Shop2025-10-09 13:36

    Yes there are, but is it really worth lining the pockets of a middle man.

  660. #660Alusium2025-10-09 22:30

    Is this 49 within 6 hours of the colville reservation?

  661. #661Truck Shop2025-10-10 04:02

    Absolutely, but the guy who offered it only offered it to me. He doesn't like people on his land. Notice there are no bullet holes in it--he hates hunters, all of his grounds are off limits to hunting along with everyone else around him. Most all in that area are very standoffish. People there buy stuff and it never leaves the farm.

  662. #662Old Doug2025-10-10 07:34

    I know and understand what your saying but its hard to see some rig that i think me or someone could fix up and use but it seems to be harder to get a title than do a frame off.

  663. #663Truck Shop2025-10-10 20:20

    Well here's the thing--he doesn't have to sell it, it sets in a area that's out of sight out of mind. Because he's a friend of mine he offered it free, but if someone else came along I know without a doubt they would pay through the nose for it. And this vehicle has never had a license plate. Farmers out in that area bought farm rigs years ago drove them home and might see 1000 miles of back county roads in a year. They didn't see a need to license and county cops didn't bug them. This area at one time had more millionaires percapita than any place in the U.S.. No one bothered them they just did as farmers do around here in those days. Some of the old farms had a row of Cadillacs & Lincolns 8 to 10 deep lined up behind the barn. They never let anything leave the farm. When scrap hit $225 a ton some years back the younger ones cleaned them out. Scrappers were hauling load after load of old farm machinery, cars & trucks left and right to shredders. So If I decide to take it, it will be there otherwise it will be a wind break for deer and a place for yellow jackets to thrive.

  664. #664Truck Shop2025-10-12 19:49

    Newark factory photos, 1972. *

  665. #665Pops522025-10-12 23:20

    Is there something peculiar about the twin stacker? Left door, no shutters, odd paint scheme? Windshield?

  666. #666DMiller2025-10-13 03:56

    Next gen cab on Twin Stack, previous design Single.

  667. #667Truck Shop2025-10-13 07:30

    That was the demarcation of little window cabs to the large window 359 style cab. Started production in 1972 for 1973 and up model change. That little window cab was one of the last of that production run from 72 down, note the one on left is not finished, no radiator and I think that hood was a mock up, the stacks are not completed at bottom.

  668. #668Pops522025-10-13 10:29

    The 3 horizontal lines under drivers window and the door latch caught my attention.

  669. #669Truck Shop2025-10-13 18:39

    Trouble is like anything built especially back then, ideas were incorporated on mock up then tossed in scrap bin. Was told when Pete changed the dash on 359 from corvette style to dished flat style it was changed twice before production. Don't know if that's true, but was told that by a pete rep.

  670. #670GunnieSacked2025-10-14 17:17

    Mother of all CEO Trucks MOTHER OF ALL COE TRUCKS MOTHER OF ALL COE TRUCKS FOR SALE ON EBAY bangshift.com

  671. #671Truck Shop2025-10-14 19:04

    That kind of went south with a 3208 in it, may as well be a triple nickel.

  672. #672DMiller2025-10-14 19:23

    Agree, worked on both and both *****.

  673. #673DMiller2025-10-14 19:32

    Was on I 70 coming back from CoMO today, was a flatbed hotshot hauler had a truck with a WA license plate, a 1940 plate. Clean old truck, very clean.never saw make name tag been looking at hostoric photos to ID

  674. #674Truck Shop2025-10-14 19:58

    Because everything on the east side of the Rockies is nothing more than rust rotted iron/steel, it's a known fact middle & east coast scavengers have been driving around on west coast trying to scoop up anything. Friend Steve just towed three 70's A models and a 65 butterfly Pete into his pile of old crap this last weekend, he's got about 35 plus old duffer trucks just setting. He gets his jollies when someone stops and asks--Nope Ain't for sale unless you got a whole bucket of cash. Recently he was offered 20K for that 1951 Freightliner--not in the selling mood today he told them, he just loves watching them squirm.

  675. #675Truck Shop2025-10-14 21:36

    About the above post---Steve was owed money by the guy who had these old W900's. He took them as partial payment but is still owed several thousand, and in the pile of trucks was a 96 W900L dump truck that the cab caught fire, gutting it and the top of the E Model in it. But all of the box, hydraulics, drives, suspension and 13 speed are still good so he will come out on that one, he hopes. The W900's & 65 Pete were old Alaskan loggers, bagged out. A few useable 1241 brownies, all have SSHD's on walking beam, two usable cabs one good hood & some power steering mounting brackets/ hardware & steering boxes. But mostly junk, would have a tough time making one out of the three. But he also ended up with this 79 below. Has a 7FB with retarder, 15 speed & SSHD's on AG200. It's not bad and could be resurrected easily, he got it for $2,000. The drop axle he can use on a 92 Western Star he started making a dump out of, and had been looking for a drop for it. He can use one of the 900 cabs to replace the trashed cab on his Prentice log loader. *

  676. #676Alusium2025-10-14 23:48

    On the reservation…

  677. #677Alusium2025-10-15 00:09

    No need for tags…

  678. #678Truck Shop2025-10-15 01:16

    This in the Palouse just north of Walla Walla, no reservation around here. Umatilla tribe is at Mission east of Pendleton far south of here.

  679. #679Truck Shop2025-10-16 22:21

    203K views · 4.1K reactions | Thomas Bendon on Reels www.facebook.com

  680. #680Truck Shop2025-10-20 14:24

    1M views · 2.1K reactions | Towing truck tire blew out while driving on a highway. #trucking #truckdriver #trucker | Ismahane Arkoun Towing truck tire blew out while driving on a highway. #trucking #truckdriver #trucker www.facebook.com

  681. #681DMiller2025-10-20 17:34

    Shredded!! As well got Mudflap with Hanger and Half fender.

  682. #682Truck Shop2025-10-20 19:58

    Truth is tow trucks rarely get tires checked, those set around getting washed & polished and basic maintenance goes right by. I stick the tires once a month and thump them every week. Light greasing every 3000 along with checking box and rears. Wheel lift every third tow. Engine levels every time before it leaves. I just want to go out, come back and go home.

  683. #683Truck Shop2025-10-20 22:01
  684. #684DMiller2025-10-21 02:17

    190s will go down in history as one of the most popular models ever built, not to say were not Fugly, were truly austere functional and inexpensive. Just pig faced Fugly!

  685. #685DMiller2025-10-21 02:24

    Will note are three things to check or base tires on, inflation, tread face depth but most importantly AGE. Sitting outside day in day out sun rain cold and heat they Ozone and Ultraviolet decay. Can appear absolutely perfect with no repair penetrations and still fail from hardened inflexible aged rubber. Finding small sidewall cracking, or distortions in carcass, or a different Thump as take off on a drive that slowly smooths away are basic tattles of that. Worst of the lot are sitting unmoved as with Blue here, develop fixed flex points that have to drive out, harden to rock in a few short years. As dealers will note many will not accept over six year old carcasses for retreading due to that.

  686. #686Truck Shop2025-10-21 10:40

    Tires--I bought 300 at a time, mixed. Quality of casing will determine life of tire, under constant use. There isn't a quality Asian tire on the market, rather some are better than others. That said it excludes Japan in that industry, as Japan makes some quality casings. Because of being in charge of tire buying for the company, in the case of over the road tires, it is a balance of cost per mile verses road conditions and climate. Steer casings are the ones that can eat dollars fast. A steer axle can be on the money by camber, caster & toe and tires go away in a heart beat because of tread compound, radial runout, open or closed shoulder ribs, tread depth/squirm and driving the same roads constantly with excessive crown. * The three top tires verses price/mileage when I left 2.5 years ago and still the same. Steer-Bridgestone 213's average milage 105 to 110K Trailer and drop axle-Yokohama RY023's, on drop axle 125 to 135K-some 150K Drives-Yokohama 527's, average miles 190 to 200K. * All of that depends on rotation & inflation. Tires fall in the category of about 5th in overall expense on yearly costs. Plus a big factor in all of this is the Coconut behind the wheel. Drivers who crowd to the fog line constantly are running near the crap zone, tires ditch side take the brunt of a bad driver, keeping centered in lane can change mileage/tire life drastically not to mention watching inflation. I don't really care for the extra work of dealing with tire inflation systems, but it does help when drivers don't care and have bad habits. On the trailers it probably cut costs by 10 plus percent with flat repairs alone. * For a contractor that runs short mileage, cheap and black works.

  687. #687Pops522025-10-21 20:57

    I’ve had this in my shop forever. Don’t remember where I got it or what it’s for. I thought it was an adaptor of some sort for a kingpin for auto landing gear from years ago. But I’m stumped. About 7” square. any thoughts?

  688. #688Truck Shop2025-10-21 21:18

    Spring block for early Pete Airleaf,, IIRC.

  689. #689Pops522025-10-21 21:39

    Thanks. It’s been awhile since I saw the early air leaf. I’m starting to visualize it. Guess I’ll toss it unless you want me to mail it to you?

  690. #690Truck Shop2025-10-21 21:45

    Wife and I were talking about things we did when way younger. Which caused me to remember when I bought this model below, 1970 it was. Plus I had the disease early on. I bought modeling bondo--yes they had modeling bondo back then. I sanded the cab and sleeper down to remove rivet bumps and chopped the top of cab and sleeper--making the first large truck street rod hot rod. Way before todays ideas--I was called cuckoo back then for the idea, and look at the real ones now. Those models cost $3.50 back then at Raley's. *

  691. #691Truck Shop2025-10-21 21:47

    Put it on Marketplace, I don't know what I would do with it, but thanks for offer.

  692. #692Pops522025-10-21 21:52

    I had this one too. Painted light blue/white with the 40’ fruehauf van.

  693. #693DMiller2025-10-22 00:53

    Cannot remember how many of the Revelle kits I ever constructed before hit 15, all too many as my older Brothers fed them to me for birthday or Xmas.

  694. #694Truck Shop2025-10-22 08:49

    When in Jr high living in Cordova a guy on my paper route had at that time the most extensive model collection I've ever seen, lining the walls of three sides in garage. With many duplicates still in cellophane wrapped original boxes. He had two of every 1/8 scale Monogram models, from Big T to Corvette to Visible V8. He was a early Viet Nam vet that was pretty screwed up mentally and used the model building to keep his mind off line. I hung out there from time to time and came find out he was highly decorated during that time by his wife. I wonder what happened to him and his collection. If he were still alive I'm guessing he would be 86 now.

  695. #695Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:08

    My morning looking over some decades of farm scrap my friend Steve is cleaning up for a fourth generation farm. * The bus I determined to be a 1934 to 1936 Yellow Coach/GMC with the designation of GMT on valve covers. 6 cylinder two spark plugs per cylinder with twin down draft Stromberg carbs. Which was owned by Union Pacific which owned scads of small bus lines in the northwest. *

  696. #696Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:09

    1933 Ford 1.5 ton-by my book. *

  697. #697Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:21

    1941 Jail Bar grille Ford coe. *

  698. #698Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:23

    Combines and pea viners all over the place. *

  699. #699Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:26

    And some Ollie's. *

  700. #700Truck Shop2025-10-23 17:28

    Yellow Coach/GMC built roughly 750 Z-CR-843 buses in mid 1930's. *

  701. #701GunnieSacked2025-10-27 00:50

    1964 Mack B Series Tandem Axle Road Tractor

  702. #702Truck Shop2025-10-27 10:31

    Not being negative but-----with that wheelbase it is a typical east coast a-- beater. Mack & others created whole generations with spine issues.

  703. #703DMiller2025-10-27 16:39

    And all too typical round these parts

  704. #704Truck Shop2025-10-27 19:49

    I get a kick out of people on line and all there {trucker} experience, or lack of. Tons of comments, and no one noticed. No top hat on air cleaner. *

  705. #705Pops522025-10-28 20:43

    Here’s another. Where is the inlet? Or outlet? No wonder they smoked!!

  706. #706Truck Shop2025-10-28 20:48
  707. #707Truck Shop2025-10-28 20:49

    The top plate was serrated, I don't see it in the one I posted after enlarging.

  708. #708Truck Shop2025-10-28 20:53

    most were like this oil bath, 1957. which the fenders were used on my mack, along with bottom section of back of cab. *

  709. #709Pops522025-10-28 21:01

    On your 1st pic, what’s hanging in front of the tire? Looks like a 120v cord. Block heater?

  710. #710Truck Shop2025-10-28 21:03

    likely so.

  711. #711Truck Shop2025-10-29 17:46
  712. #712Mr. Wrench2025-10-29 18:44

    I'm pretty new to this forum and enjoy the pictures on this thread. I love Detroit Diesel engines. Not everyone does though. My favorite it the 6V71T. 8V92T is pretty neat to. Would love to know more about them if anyone cares to share.

  713. #713Truck Shop2025-10-29 19:37

    I use to work on them, haven't for years. I gave away any tools I had. What is it about two strokes that your interested in?

  714. #714Mr. Wrench2025-10-29 20:35

    They sound neat and are a one of a kind engine. I would like to learn how to work on them. Set up the rack, governors ect. One place I do work has a HUGE hyster forklift (HD520?) with a 6V53 in it. I have a 671 (it ran) 471, 453. None of them are currently running. Not many people around here work on them any more. I would be interested in any tips and tricks or experiences older guys have with them who were good on them back in the day. What is the silver series? Where some of the late ones electronic controlled? Can they have a Jake Brake? I would love to have a 2-71 generator some day (a deuce).

  715. #715Pops522025-10-29 21:25

    It always fascinated me that they could make so much noise from such a small amount of diesel fuel.

  716. #716JaredV2025-10-29 21:45

    Any idea what it was rated at? I'm gonna guess 140 just because that seems about right for 1939.

  717. #717Truck Shop2025-10-29 21:47

    Well firing every time the piston comes creates allot of noise, but it also creates a thirsty engine too. Fuel mileage was a big factor in those disappearing for on highway use. I couldn't imagine running a Silver 92 at todays fuel prices.

  718. #718Truck Shop2025-10-29 21:52

    It was a crawler engine modified for on highway--so I'm guessing 100 to 110 hp. for 1939.

  719. #719Truck Shop2025-10-29 22:10

    It was a flop too in that use.

  720. #720Old Doug2025-10-29 22:11

    I worked at a place that had a lot of Detroits . There was even a lincoln portable welder that had a 2-71 there. I have worked on and owned several my self.

  721. #721Truck Shop2025-10-29 22:24

    I will answer that one, a Silver was second inline to the Notorious Double OO 92-the first of the 92's. The Double OO was nothing more than a punched out 8V-71 block, same crank & rods. The Double OO was notorious for crankshaft main web area cracking or breaking main caps. Detroit waited too long to come out with the Silver 92 block, which they threw a 200,000 mile warranty on. The bad taste from the OO caused many to bypass the Silver. It really was the reason behind the Series 60 being developed. * And now for Vetech if he decides too.

  722. #722bccat2025-10-29 23:50

    It’s was also used in the Cat DW10 scraper, basically it’s a D4600, 6 cylinder , 41/4 bore, with an Air compressor. forerunner of D318. I have a an operating manual for the D468 somewhere in my collection, cheers

  723. #723bccat2025-10-30 00:06

    We had a 8v92 in a KW 848 dump, A Detroit mechanic who rebuilt it told me they last around 5yrs. True to his words 5 years later she dropped a liner with yours truly driving on a 13% grade hill with a load of granite. felt bad, cause I liked the old girl, kept it good shape, they put a 8v71 in after that , finally it went to the auction , parts where getting hard to get, cheers

  724. #724DMiller2025-10-30 02:43

    Early diesels were naturally aspirated, sluggish and designed for a hand throttle either on or off, when first placed in trucks were a huge disappointment. Owned a OO, still a bad memory.

  725. #725Old Doug2025-10-30 07:37

    I had a freightliner 1979 cabover . I think it had a 6v92 13 speed . I drove and worked on it for a guy that i did a lot of work for . I liked the truck and was able to buy it when he retired but for some reason i didnt keep it very long probably a good deal i got rid of it.

  726. #726Mr. Wrench2025-10-30 09:52

    Where the 92's only in the silver series? I thought I've seen some silver 53's.

  727. #727Pops522025-10-30 10:11

    Advice.....Never take a job driving a 6v92 that pays by the mile. Especially if you are loaded both ways...........

  728. #728Truck Shop2025-10-30 10:18

    Silvers were the later version of the 92's, of two versions and only 92's as far as I know.

  729. #729stinky642025-10-30 11:53

    When I started mechanicing at CF all those single axle, spring ride day cabs were outfitted with those oil squeezing 6V92 noise machines. All those linehaul drivers had back issues and.. I SAID BACK ISSUES...were damn near deaf. Remember first time I stopped at gin mill next door to terminal after work, couldn't understand why these guys were all screaming at each other. HUH?

  730. #730Pops522025-10-30 11:59

    I made several trips from Santa Maria into LA hauling bulk sugar with one of those short 2 axle cabover freightliners. They would almost become airborne on the bumps where the freeways crossed over each other. Only did that for a few months........

  731. #731BC Placer gold2025-10-30 12:35

    My dad owned a 1959(?) John Deere 435 tractor for many years, it had a 2-53—- factory setup. Always was hard to start (block heater required). Then; just before he sold it to a collector he had it re-ringed, amazing difference for pretty low cost.

  732. #732Mr. Wrench2025-10-30 12:48

    Some Detroits are hard to start and others seem like they crank over once and their running. Like if it will crank it will start. Must have to do with how good of shape the engine is in. Is it hard to set up the fuel rack on one? I did a CAT 3116 once, alot of steps and tooling to use.

  733. #733BC Placer gold2025-10-30 13:20

    That I don’t know…just an operator! The 6-71 on our Euclid C6 also likes a block heater…but I know full well that engine (1964) is a bit “tired”.

  734. #734mowingman2025-10-30 13:27

    I know why I am hard of hearing. I grew up around Detroit-powered machines, starting with the old 6-110 engines. Operated or worked around Detroit-powered rock drills, draglines, dozers, scrapers, loaders, and off road haul trucks. My common response to anything my wife says to me," What did you say, I didn't hear that".

  735. #735Vetech632025-10-30 15:15

    You could start your own thread about learning Detroits. There is plenty of experience here other than me.

  736. #736Old Doug2025-11-05 17:04

    Has anyone ever took the radiator out of one of thses? It looks like a job that should be simple.

  737. #737DMiller2025-11-05 17:10

    Nope not here, likely have to pull hoods and engine fan blade.

  738. #738Truck Shop2025-11-05 18:07

    Funny the folks who show up out of the blue, yellow or red.

  739. #739Truck Shop2025-11-05 18:43

    Told this before. Working construction, a long frosty cold stretch one winter. The company had a totally worn out hammered pos of a on site haul dump, 78 W900 with a Double OO. It used more water/coolant than fuel on some days, it just ran a constant haze/mist out the breather drains, ate three gallons oil a week huffing blue/black out the stack like a puffer billy. I had- had the covers off and checked the gov, fuel rack and gov were full of slop. Every morning after a half can of ether it would start it's rolling and stay that way for a time, no point in messing with buffer as bad as gov was. * One nice cold morning I showed up as they were fixing to start the pile, leaning on the fender of shop truck drinking coffee--it finally lit. It started the rolling hunt and each time it would gain a little rpm, huffing a cloud. About that time Merle the site boss came trotting over--{aren't you going to do something}? No Merle I'm not. About that time it went up and never returned, smoke pouring out the stack and breathers. RPM? I don't know close to 3,000 plus. Nothing but arse holes and feet running away. It wasn't too much longer and it let out a terrific crunching, snapping sounds. Then it shot oil out the side of block along with con rods with a nice halo of watery steamy crap. * Merle just couldn't understand----the rest of the crew were so happy I let it go, no one wanted to get stuck driving that pos. I didn't buy a beer at my watering hole, the crew bought a weeks worth with a tab. * I hated that pile. ---That was just possibly the best cup of coffee I've ever had.

  740. #740Truck Shop2025-11-05 19:55

    You guys are right, those two strokes sound good WFO.

  741. #741Truck Shop2025-11-05 22:10
  742. #742Old Doug2025-11-06 07:29

    I took the hood off yesterday and it looks like the grille and every thing it bolts to will have to come off. I thought it should be easier . I will find out today. They ask if i would work on it and first said just the brakes needed work then they said the rad leaked but what they should have said its been 30 year since it last ran. I primed the carb and jumped it . It runs good and i drove it to the other side of the shop.

  743. #743Mr. Wrench2025-11-06 08:36

    I like those B model Macks. Cabs where sure smaller back then.

  744. #744Mr. Wrench2025-11-06 08:41

    I am from the eastern part of the US. I see older trucks in magazines sometimes and they will call it a westcoaster. How would a truck be set up that would make it a westcoaster?

  745. #745Truck Shop2025-11-06 10:11

    Wheel bases & hood lengths. Tiny cabs were standard issue with Mack, White, Brockway & IH in 30's,40's,50's & mid 60's which is midwest east coast stuff. But IH was the first with the term West Coast, going back to very late 30's with the three man cab RD405's. Starting in mid 50's IH & Mack built factories in California, mid 1966 marked the end of the Mack B model cabs and ushered in the R series built in Hayward Ca. The IH RD's were really considered the starter of West Coast trucks---but can't forget Diamond T's entry's into west coasters with the models of 950 & 951's, but it used the IH {R} cab. Kenworth, Pete & Freightliner were naturally west coast configuration to start with.---DT 951 below, king of WC's. *

  746. #746Old Doug2025-11-06 17:18

    I tried that not enough space. I got it out but it may have been the worst radiator I ever pulled.

  747. #747Truck Shop2025-11-06 17:22

    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's easy, the easiest vehicles to work on were late 60's/ 70's. After that it was a steady decline.

  748. #748DMiller2025-11-06 18:22

    Had faith in ya Doug

  749. #749Truck Shop2025-11-06 18:44

    Trouble with rigs like that, all the stuck sheet metal bolts/nuts.

  750. #750Truck Shop2025-11-06 18:49

    The only west coaster long hood B model, built on the west coast. *

  751. #751Mr. Wrench2025-11-06 20:42

    What was the purpose of long hoods? Did they have bigger engines?

  752. #752Truck Shop2025-11-06 20:54

    Yes and no, most of it changed the ride. In allot of cases those were owner/operator specifications. Most companies didn't invest in those types of trucks, by the 70's OO's were predominant buyers, it was a big strapper thing that stuck.

  753. #753Truck Shop2025-11-06 21:57

    Everything about this photo says--slow. Just know it has a 318 with twin tweety pipes. *

  754. #754Baxsie2025-11-06 22:01

    Our 1946 Chevrolet Truck: Oh, that grille ! Still working: A couple of random videos from over the years:

  755. #755Pops522025-11-06 22:02

    Looks like a good job stacking tho…

  756. #756Baxsie2025-11-06 22:03

    There is a place in Sprague WA ( Dave's Old Truck Rescue ) with a bunch of old trucks. Here is a video I took when we were prowling around:

  757. #757Baxsie2025-11-06 22:04

    Those are some flat sides !

  758. #758Welder Dave2025-11-06 22:09

    Here's couple extra cabs. Mack and Autocar.

  759. #759Truck Shop2025-11-06 22:17

    Had to be loaded in basin or eburg to get it that straight, but those are also three wire bales. Only three wire stack that well, best bailer is a Freeman.

  760. #760Truck Shop2025-11-06 22:29

    A friend worked as engineer on Alaska fishing barges {back when I lived in Ellensburg still}, I took care of his place while he was gone, he had a 1946 Chev 1 ton with Nelson Equipment {Seattle} side racks. I was mowing the yard and passed by it several times--something was bugging me about it. Then I noticed it. When he got back I brought it up to him and he said {don't tell anyone about it, I don't want every dink coming around here trying to buy it}. Sure no problemo---The CHEVROLET stamped in the upper chrome piece was a factory screw up--It said CHEVPOLET, a P instead of a R. I've asked high and low with chevy aficionado's, not a one has ever seen or heard of such. Maybe there is I don't know.

  761. #761Pops522025-11-06 22:35

    My dad and uncle circa 1950.

  762. #762Truck Shop2025-11-06 22:41

    They mounted that stack a ways away--stack fire, those are wire tie bales. Twine never stay packed that tight. Growing up on a dairy I've bucked my fair share, barning, box car & flat bed. You couldn't get me to pickup a pair of hooks and chaps by the time I was 30. A nice Timothy 3 wire bale ran 125 and averaged 425 to a COE truck/trailer. * Edited--425 to a load on average with 53,000 net.

  763. #763Welder Dave2025-11-06 22:51

    I've always heard the term bailing wire but never saw it. Guys I know used twine and preferred New Holland balers from the 60's on. They still have a Super 1049 Stack Cruiser but it's been sitting for years since they went to large round bales. I think horse people are the only ones who like the small square/ rectangular bales.

  764. #764Pops522025-11-06 22:55

    TS. this pic was at Adohr Dairy in Camarillo Ca I believe. My dad and his 3 brothers all hauled hay when I was a kid. My last uncle from Pilot Rock died about 5 years ago. All drove their entire lives.

  765. #765Truck Shop2025-11-06 22:59

    Race horse hay--Timothy, the highest protein grown comes from the Kittitas valley. In 1995 the price went through the roof some farmers were getting $300 a ton. Some said every time the ram went back in the baler it was a buck. The best three wire baler is a Freeman built in Portland. Deere swathers with Freeman self propelled. All the van line and casket companies use to load Timothy as a return haul to Kentucky.

  766. #766Truck Shop2025-11-06 23:01

    One thing is for sure--there were no fat hay shakers in those days. * That's a great phot BTW.

  767. #767Baxsie2025-11-07 01:03

    We had a Massey 36 swather (all belts, no hydrostatic), a New Holland Baler (twine) and a New Holland 1033 Stack Wagon (tow behind, not self propelled).

  768. #768Baxsie2025-11-07 01:19

    Here is a cool 1946 Chevrolet Trucks Poster: Link to more pixels in a PDF: Chevrolet_Trucks_1946_Poster.pdf (17MB)

  769. #769Welder Dave2025-11-07 03:43

    Interesting they don't show a dump truck in the different applications.

  770. #770Baxsie2025-11-07 13:07

    Or a highway tractor - although one is shown on the "freeway" art.

  771. #771DMiller2025-11-07 15:02

    Bought a Cab and Chassis, added Fifth wheel or Dump system. BTW, Tractor/Trailer VACUUM Brakes Were a Thing.

  772. #772Baxsie2025-11-07 15:05

    I hope they worked better than vacuum wipers.

  773. #773Truck Shop2025-11-07 16:11

    Those were dandy! I converted two--two axle tilt tag equipment trailers from vacuum to air air brake--main thing is swapping S-cams from right to left and welding air chamber mounts to axles--one farmer the first time out forgot to release bed unloading--the D6 put a good bend in it, it became a ramp type trailer in seconds.

  774. #774Truck Shop2025-11-07 19:48

    77K views · 105K reactions | #hrtc | Ashish Bharmourii #hrtc www.facebook.com

  775. #775Coaldust2025-11-08 00:23

    Have I got a deal for you, Mr. Wrench. You could own the last exclusive OEM rights to the Detroit 2-71 Deuce. The old feller in Pocatello is retiring and selling it all. You could have your own Detroit Diesel engine manufacturing plant. You could spread Detroit love all over the world. This is your last chance to purchase a brand new Detroit, fresh from the factory. Make your own electricity in your backyard. Your neighbors will love you for it. Home - Detroit Diesel 2-71 Generators ATTENTION! OWNER RETIRING BUSINESS FOR SALE! WE’RE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME FOR THE DEUCE PROGRAM–SERVING AMERICA AND THE WORLD SINCE 1959. WE’RE PROUD TO HAVE SOLD AND SERVICED 10,000’S OF THE ESTIMABLE AND HEROIC DETROIT DIESEL 2-71 GENERATOR SETS “THE DEUCE.” SALE INCLUDES ALL PARTS... deucepower.com

  776. #776Welder Dave2025-11-08 03:07

    Hopefully they used better filters than Fram. If my rezoning isn't approved I need to find something with a Detroit like 6V-53 to make some nice music for the county/neighborhood. Wouldn't mind having a 1200 RPM generator though.

  777. #777Truck Shop2025-11-08 06:37

    Yeah--that ad had everything but the kitchen sink---except he's holding out the flip side business he had to create for deuce shoppers. A added freebie, a bonus thrown in to protect from hostile neighbors at 3 am. Probably sold thousands of these in the panhandle to offset expenses. *

  778. #778Mr. Wrench2025-11-08 06:55

    Thanks for showing me that. No way I could do it though. Would still like to get one some time. I just think they are a heavy duty, simple generator that would run along time. Maybe not the best on fuel though.

  779. #779Mr. Wrench2025-11-08 06:58

    That is a good idea. I want to do that when I get alittle time here.

  780. #780DMiller2025-11-08 08:47

    I sold my Gas Engine powered welder as had slowed use of it for too long. Was getting to need maintenance to just use as to bad gas even draining and running Carb Dry. Still looking at LP System Stand-alone Generator where could set up near the Main house meter, feed Shop and House completely during an event off a 500-1000gal tank for considerable time. Also considering a Diesel-powered Lincoln or Miller welder, do need something for use around fields on farm, and to aid BIL at his place as No Electric Supply.

  781. #781Mr. Wrench2025-11-08 20:28

    LP generaters can use more fuel then you think since LP has less BTU than gas or diesel although you don't have to worry about bad fuel. A diesel welder can be a good option if you will use the welder quite a bit. Most of them run at 3600 RPM so they will use more fuel and be more ware on the engine. Most stand alone diesel generators run at 1800 RPM. Just some thoughts.

  782. #782DMiller2025-11-08 20:31

    Known that a long time, as to permanent Gen, is just Stby or random short term, welder however, is a distinct advantage tool.

  783. #783Welder Dave2025-11-08 20:36

    You can often get a welder with a good power plant for less than a stand alone generator. That's a pretty good bonus to me and they aren't cheaply built generators. Miller, Lincoln and other brand name welder brands know how to make good generators.

  784. #784Coaldust2025-11-08 20:37

    So much of our stuff nowadays is so sensitive to dirty power. Toyo and Monitor stoves come to mind. Makes me think inverter generators should be considered when making those choices. Almost any modern forced air furnace, too.

  785. #785Truck Shop2025-11-08 20:42

    I have a 1974 Detroit operators manual, with tune-up and other procedures with a built in parts listing/naming in back pages. In nice condition for a 8V-71, if you want it pm me your address and I'll send it to you frreeee. I'm not going to use it. I'll even throw in a 1973 Allison HT 700 series parts catalog.

  786. #786Coaldust2025-11-08 20:44

    Plus, you can section 179 the full amount of a new welder in 2025.

  787. #787Truck Shop2025-11-08 20:54

    Enough of those Thomas Eddison contraptions--back to trucks, sort of. *

  788. #788Welder Dave2025-11-08 20:59

    What year is that from? The Kubota engine looks very much like the engine in my skid steer.

  789. #789Truck Shop2025-11-08 21:01

    It's a updated sales flyer for Overland Diesel. *

  790. #790Truck Shop2025-11-08 21:04

    Euclid Trax Truck and Lima shovel working 24 hrs to ready for 1936 worlds fair. *

  791. #791Mr. Wrench2025-11-08 22:00

    I started a conversation with you, is that how I get you my address?

  792. #792Truck Shop2025-11-09 11:24

    Heavy but effective. *

  793. #793JaredV2025-11-09 13:01

    Brakesaver? We've got an '84 900B with one. I like being able to use it whenever whenever I want and the infinitely variable part is pretty nice for going down steep hills at low speed.

  794. #794Truck Shop2025-11-09 15:15

    This Hyw 97-I-5 cruiser I drove had one, Ashland grade was 40 mph to the bottom with a oil temp of 220 fan on. The severe braking came when a 06 stater was changed to a 08 stater--lot's of retard but it would really heat the oil with only a 06 oil cooler. *

  795. #795Pops522025-11-09 16:02

    I never got to try a brake saver but there were many times I could have used one. Could reduce that “pucker” feeling.

  796. #796Coaldust2025-11-09 17:06

    I remember those days. Then slap some 349A’s on top of that B and get dem logs outta da woodz.

  797. #797Truck Shop2025-11-09 20:02

    Yeah the 349's were much better than the 346 jakes, but---try and find parts for a set of 349A's----SOL, Zero parts, and required a few cat specialized tools to set up. Plus the 349's wore the master piston bores real bad. Because of the way Cat injection systems work with individual pumps & nozzles it causes difficulty in getting injector/exhaust valve events timed right to get maximum engine braking.-----Unlike Cummins with a push rod activated injector. * But with that said if already had a retarder, the old B model only needed a set of 346's to top out braking. As a matter of fact if not used in correct order, there was a possibility of things twisting/snapping. * Seervice Transport had a old A model with a B and retarder plus 346's for lowboy use. One of their drivers flipped the full auto switch for retard then flipped full jakes---and there went the driveline and pieces of front input yoke out the side. Instead of flipping jakes on full first then manually applying retarder air with johnny bar. I'm pretty sure it's this old heifer below that a friend picked up this summer, it's a 1979/80 with a B model/retarder/346 jakes. Plus it has SSHD's same as one that snapped, painted in Service form. Paid 2K for it. *

  798. #798Truck Shop2025-11-09 21:05

    Moab 1955 peak of uranium boom. *

  799. #799Coaldust2025-11-09 22:04

    Truck Shop, your recollection and knowledge of the intricacies of this old gear is uncanny.

  800. #800Truck Shop2025-11-09 22:07

    Thanks, but sometimes I should just leave the keyboard be, and let others figure on their own and they can have their say too.

  801. #801Welder Dave2025-11-09 22:36

    Your knowledge is much appreciated!

  802. #802Truck Shop2025-11-10 06:28

    That Moab photo, is a Autocar DC102 series. *

  803. #803Pops522025-11-10 10:05

    That’s a good looking old truck.

  804. #804Truck Shop2025-11-10 21:12

    Yes, one stack, painted wheels, only required lights, no texas bumper, no doodle'y farbs. Can be rolled under on creeper and never hit your head. Notice no crapola on frame rails.

  805. #805Truck Shop2025-11-10 21:58

    One of the very few P.I.E Jimmy's powered by a 6-110 Detroit. It never worked because of it's odd non-Detroit behavior of not liking excessive high rpm. Worked well in industrial equipment. *

  806. #806Truck Shop2025-11-10 22:28

    @ Mr. Wrench, your Detroit manual is on the way. Figure 7 days in the mail.

  807. #807DMiller2025-11-11 05:31

    110s worked well in Eucs and on Boats but few other machines

  808. #808Mr. Wrench2025-11-11 07:52

    Thank you Truck Shop!

  809. #809Mr. Wrench2025-11-11 07:54

    What was different about the 110 series Detroits?

  810. #810DMiller2025-11-11 08:03

    these were industrial scaled UP, essentially same pattern just bigger. Did NOT respond well to throttle variations, did not produce equatable HP to Fuel Consumption.

  811. #811mowingman2025-11-11 09:41

    Back in the early 80's, we had an American dragline, with a 110 in it. It was a good working machine that could move a lot of dirt. However, I remember hauling a lot of fuel to it every evening.

  812. #812Truck Shop2025-11-11 11:24

    In todays costly environment---any engine that fires every time the piston comes up-- -----is doomed because of fuel consumption. Simply can't afford to run a fleet of any- thing that gets half the mileage. Those engines were cheap to build and could be con- figured in many ways with cheap fuel prices. Initial cost for a new truck with two stroke power was roughly $1,500 to 2,000 cheaper than other power options, plus oil by the gallon was a bunch cheaper too, because you were going to need allot of it. The average 8V was doing good to get 4, most about 3.5. It's all about mileage for the last 30 plus years.

  813. #813kshansen2025-11-11 11:28

    We had a few of them back when I started at the shop. Recall one, forget if it was a genset engine or PTO, instead of the Roots type blowers it had one with a large fan similar to the intake side of a turbo charger. It was powered by a splined shaft off I believe a gear in the exhaust cam shaft housing. Ran good until a bearing failed in the drive. We had another old 110 with the Roots type blower that got swapped in to get plant back working. More I think about it pretty sure it was a PTO set-up that ran a crusher!

  814. #814Truck Shop2025-11-11 11:32

    Yeah the good'ol days, a thin skinned freightliner coe, 8v71, ten speed, 4.33's and no a/c. at 80k on a 7% grade, lucky to be in third, sweat pouring down, 95* ambient, watching the temp gauge planning to drop to second-----but she's a honey, you say to yourself no one else would hear you anyway.

  815. #815mowingman2025-11-11 12:34

    That was back when oil was $.79/quart. I could afford to keep 3 or 4 gallons on hand all the time. Rerefined oil was even cheaper and worked pretty good, too.

  816. #816Truck Shop2025-11-11 17:24

    I knew a feller that ran nothing but Detroit's, he had luck with them I guess. But he had one way to deal with them, never remove drain plug, add and change filters. Oil changes only happened during major engine repair. Apparently it worked for him, I know he had several that ran 800,000 plus. I tore one down at 850K, cams went south. Those were the nastiest insides I've ever been around, India Ink. Plus he never ran his Silvers at factory suggested lower rpm, nope he wanted those run like a 8-71 on the gov.

  817. #817DMiller2025-11-11 18:20

    World’s nastiest engines

  818. #818Truck Shop2025-11-11 18:51

    At O'Reilly's this week for some atf, their brand aft+4 $11.99 a quart. I remember being able to buy a case for that.

  819. #819Truck Shop2025-11-11 21:19

    A couple more of P.I.E. 110 powered, IIRC pie only tried 5 or 6 with 110's before pulling the plug. Company PR photos. *

  820. #820Mr. Wrench2025-11-11 21:26

    I saw a Kenworth K100 COE at a sale this summer. Low bunk sleeper. It had an 8V92 I think a silver. Behind that it had an automatic. Didn't know they used automatics that early.

  821. #821Truck Shop2025-11-11 21:54

    It wasn't common but some were ordered, mostly bed bugs bought those. Van lines didn't/don't tend to run max GVW and used in inner city. Allison autos tend to be heavy compared to a nine or ten speed. Van lines in most cases didn't spec with 13 spds. But Detroit also gave a price break when coupled to a Detroit. The other is fuel mileage was really poor when both were used for cross country. One of the reasons a Grey Hound packed 300 to 350 gallons of fuel.

  822. #822Truck Shop2025-11-11 21:55

    111

  823. #823Truck Shop2025-11-12 07:52

    Owner operators didn't like the idea of automatics--it just wasn't right that a guy wearing fancy cowboy boots, longhorn belt buckle, yoked pockets with pearl snaps and hat with stampede strings be caught dead setting in truck with a slush box for gears. The idea of being able to wear Willie Nelson shoes slowly changed that during the eighties, along with a cassette tape player with a choice of Heart, Simple Minds, Van Halen, Joan Jett and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Now if a truck doesn't have a automated manual transmission a company is just-a-bout s--t out of luck finding a driver. Years ago your ticket was called a chauffer's license not a commercial drivers license, cost was about ten to twenty bucks and was only a written test, you learned, got your skill from the old guys which worked. Today a cdl is printed amt only. Long gone are the days of Lucky Strikes in a rolled up shirt sleave, Elvis haircut, average weight of 190 lbs, listening to Hank & Lefty on radio or eight track running a 1693 with a set of crash boxes doing full gear change with both hands. That's just too much work these days, plus listening to Tammy Wynette is kind of passé.

  824. #824DMiller2025-11-12 08:03

    Drove Progressive Shift programmed trucks, could not anticipatory shift for grade changes, lost two at minimum gears to attain the climb against anticipating and down shifting early. Will not ever understand fuel savings from those that did not produce. Next on is automatics reporting massive fuel savings as not requiring shifts by drivers, not buying it.

  825. #825Truck Shop2025-11-12 09:01

    Well--actually the amt does save, it doesn't waste time during gear changes, then afterward wasting fuel from over throttling. On cruise it's steady as she goes or even in congested traffic, it drops to correct gear by road speed. The company trucks average with a gross just under 100k running in mountainous region 5.9, 80k were 6.5. So the market of trucks is steered by computer, man just has a hard time dealing with the idea. I don't particularly like the idea--but man is not as quick thinking as he likes to believe.

  826. #826DMiller2025-11-12 10:05

    That Red KW 900 I was delivering bulk materials with, avg was 6.2 included PTO time and load out wait idle time. You know as I good habits and proficiency makes economy, not just electronics. Still a firm believer the over reliance of electronics is driving the US into the ditch.

  827. #827Pops522025-11-12 11:53

    Im pretty sure I drove this same truck a number of times….

  828. #828Truck Shop2025-11-12 13:47

    A vocational truck compared to a constant on highway truck for mileage doesn't compute. Especially driven in midwest flat land conditions. The mileage difference of our trucks that run the gorge compared to the trip over the Blue Mountains is two totally separate set of figures. You can't figure based on OTR to Vocational--for the simple fact of real long idle time with sleeper berth. Short distance is just that short distance, plus how much mileage running empty. Because there are not too many times a dump has the dreaded term {back haul} if it does that's kind unusual, a rarity. Electronics is here to stay and even more so with AI.

  829. #829DMiller2025-11-12 15:55

    Not going to argue. Sticking to what stated

  830. #830Welder Dave2025-11-12 17:34

    I guess if you want fuel economy you could always go electric... on second thought not a chance!

  831. #831Truck Shop2025-11-12 17:43

    And you can do that---but facts are facts, I seriously doubt any construction companies run a monthly cost per mile analysis, if they do it's not based on fuel costs as primary expenditure. None around here do or any I've been associated with.

  832. #832Truck Shop2025-11-12 19:42

    Early day automatics in various sizes. *

  833. #833Coaldust2025-11-12 21:44

    And the construction companies, ganga farmers, potato producers, snow removal, landscape, medium sized dirt outfits, do a poor job with tracking fuel costs and there are a lot of shenanigans involved. So, it’s best not to track it to closely.

  834. #834Truck Shop2025-11-12 22:06

    That's all the more reason tttooooooo track it, audits are for halting shenanigans. Should be tank dippers at every scale house. The facts mam just the facts. * It's good for each town to see all the dirty underwear hanging out flapping in the breeze, nothing butt skid marks.

  835. #835Shimmy12025-11-12 22:10

    Fuel costs what it costs, no real point in my world of wasting time trying to figure out exactly where it went, because it doesn't matter. Spend about $60-70k per year on fuel. Nothing is going to move that needle enough to make a real difference. Where I can make a pretty good difference I think is tires. Hold on to the few that have 5k miles left when you put new ones on, those can be used in a pinch, or on the backup trailer that gets 3000 miles per year.

  836. #836Truck Shop2025-11-13 05:20

    As long as red goes where red goes, best time to fill the static is at it's highest price level. That's right it's mid November, my how time flies.

  837. #837Old Doug2025-11-13 06:55

    Its not easy unless you are running a route every day with about the same load same speed and some other things i havent thought of.

  838. #838Truck Shop2025-11-13 07:44

    Ours are tracked on trip envelope, gallons purchased only at designated fueling stops. Plus tracked by online gps and qualcom. A computerized spread sheet involving all idle time and travel time can be downloaded in office through engine ecm. Gives all data including over speeds.

  839. #839Truck Shop2025-11-13 07:49

    They know when the driver passes gas.

  840. #840Camshawn2025-11-13 09:20

    Tracking can spot mistakes. We had fuel cards for our work trucks. We also had purchase cards for non-vehicle expenses. The guy buying diesel on a fuel card with a gas powered truck raised flags( differ budget) and questions were asked. Same as a guy filling a few Jerry cans for lawnmowers . Questions helped keep everyone honest.

  841. #841Truck Shop2025-11-13 10:54

    And that takes place more than one thinks. Just a little gas here a little diesel there, no one will notice.

  842. #842Truck Shop2025-11-13 11:02

    The real easy one that can be bought is Samsura Dash Cam. Those also have a Y cable that taps into engine ecm it will bring up real time events right on PC monitor at the click of a mouse. Not a cheap unit but it can be moved from truck to truck on trade in.

  843. #843Truck Shop2025-11-13 11:13

    Actually it should be national law that every dump truck has a Samsara Dash Cam. Then many things can be tracked at once, spy vs spy.

  844. #844Truck Shop2025-11-13 14:20

    I checked at office this morning. National average cost per mile hovers in the 2.38 to 2.48 cents per mile. That includes everything, license, insurance, fuel, maintenance, tires, payments, .38 cents of that goes directly to truck trailer maintenance. the highest cost is naturally labor. My old company hovers at 2.53 because of 4 axle tractor 3 axle trailer. So just to spin the wheels to make a profit it needs to be seen at 2.90 because of the fluctuations in prices/labor most need 3.00 plus. Which comes back to the crystal ball that's needed to bid contract hauls for future market roller coaster rides. * I think if vocational really looked at costs of doing business they would find a bunch of waste. jmo on that sentence.

  845. #845Truck Shop2025-11-14 22:04

    King of the long hoods, if one is at a antique or custom show, it's the one that the camera shutter never misses, and always draws more viewers than any other truck.---IH. *

  846. #846Truck Shop2025-11-14 22:05
  847. #847Coaldust2025-11-15 00:16

    Samsura is taking over the EDL market up here. Everyone tossed their PeopleNet garbage in the dumpster. PeopleNet was smart by supplying PACCAR with stuff to make proprietary, PeopleNet ready Kenworths, but it didn’t work out.

  848. #848Welder Dave2025-11-15 01:24

    Always impressed by your artistic talents! They should have had you do the drawings in repair and service manuals. Much better detail and easier to see than some manuals I've seen.

  849. #849Coaldust2025-11-15 01:41

    His line art reminds me of a former student I had. He would surprise me with these whiteboard drawings. Kid was from POW. He graduated University, stuck with wrenching, settled down in Sitka, wife, family, house, the full meal deal. Doing great things. One of the guys I stay in touch with. This is from 2013.

  850. #850skyking12025-11-15 02:00

    seeing that on the whiteboard makes your day.

  851. #851DMiller2025-11-15 03:59

    Those times you hate to erase.

  852. #852Truck Shop2025-11-15 05:52

    Illustrating is technically what it's called, not really art work but on the fringe of art. As far as living off it---it's a great weight loss program because 99% will starve to death. Illustrators received very little for they're work in many cases, Neanderthals' made about the same using a cave wall for a canvas, but not try to sell either. Most of what's seen in the last two years is AI, but before that computer graphics have long taken over the need for any art ability. That smart phone everyone carries is a good example of instant gratification, nothing about performing any art/illustrating work is instant gratification. Which creates an unrealized irony, people taking a photo with a I/Smart phone of a pain staking piece of art/illustration work by the creator which took possibly hours/days/weeks/years to complete--hold a phone up snap the photo and send it in to the opposite side of third rock from the sun in a matter of a few seconds. With AI and all that's coming down the pike people will become more useless as time goes by for the simple fact there is no need in them having any special ability to create, we are partially there now. A big part of the loss in work related trade skills, why bother when a machine can do it while they watch eating a hot pocket. * I realize that paragraph above seems negative from start to finish--it really isn't it's the truth and truth is not bound by negative/positive thoughts-just truth, for every action there is a direct and opposite reaction. * And truth is I still illustrate once in awhile, only for amusement and time spent in the "Twilight Zone" a place only known by those who perform this "Stuff". Must be read using the voice of Rod Serling instead of your own.

  853. #853DMiller2025-11-15 06:07

    A lot of truth to most Cannot Handle the Truth.

  854. #854Truck Shop2025-11-15 11:20

    Time guess around 1979-80 I guess. I was over in Renton visiting a friend on a weekend, he lived just above the hospital off the Kent highway, there was a tavern just below down the hill from his appt {Not The Spot Tavern} I can't remember the name. He his brother a friend of there's and I walked down for a beer and shoot pool. There was a 12' chalk board in pool area, with nothing but scribbling, I asked the bartender for a towel and wiped it clean and got some fresh chalk. I started a scene of a truck stop with a truck next to fuel pump and a view of a diner with drivers setting about, waitress waring mini dresses carrying plates of B&G. The sign on top of diner said Frida's Fried Rat Head Restaurant. Matt the friend was a hobby cartoonist and filled in all sorts of Mad Magazine type stuff, he and I worked on the bubbles above each character. * About a year later I was back over and we went back to that tavern, there was a sign above the chalk board that read {Anyone caught wiping off or adding to this cartoon will be 86'd asap} ------------The cartoon was still there in it's entirety, the bartender recognized us and said, {The owner told us if you guys came back beer was on the house}.

  855. #855Coaldust2025-11-15 11:52

    When I was a kid, I enjoyed George Trosley and his Bert & Krass comic art that was in Car Toons. Troz. I guess he’s still around and doing Illustrating.

  856. #856skadill2025-11-15 12:37

    Post 846 Truck is in good h ands here in B.C. Saw it a year ago

  857. #857skyking12025-11-15 12:43

    stinger is pulled for the same reason you take off a hitch in a shop. OUCH!

  858. #858Truck Shop2025-11-15 13:22

    Always been my best one, have round filed many years back, but I don't do this level of work anymore. Maybe a rough sketch a couple times a year. *

  859. #859Truck Shop2025-11-15 13:27

    The only truck I've found with a original stack mirror, added way back when. *

  860. #860skyking12025-11-15 14:20

    I'd never seen one before today thanks.

  861. #861Pops522025-11-15 14:46

    Here's a load of liguid sugar being delivered in LA. I think it's at Safeway Ice cream plant. My dad took the pic that shows May 1959. Truck belonged to FTS in Santa Maria. I may have posted this one before. I have that CRS thing......

  862. #862skyking12025-11-15 16:28

    Now I'm zooming in looking for a stack mirror everywhere.

  863. #863Truck Shop2025-11-15 17:45

    That's a nice BW photo.

  864. #864Truck Shop2025-11-15 17:50

    I can't remember the cab designated model of this one, but I don't believe it was common, @JaredV might know. *

  865. #865Truck Shop2025-11-15 18:00

    This 4090 that was here near town, I posted photos of which caused the chain reaction of Lemmons Trucking in Longview to buy it. I would have bought it my self but it being a coe even though very rare, I just couldn't like it that much. Very few of these were built, very few, 12V71 with SSHD's on beam biscuit Hendrickson. At the Brooks Ore show. *

  866. #866DMiller2025-11-15 18:06

    Part Mixer Part Corn Binder and all Oil leaking Driptroit.

  867. #867Mr. Wrench2025-11-15 18:11

    I like the Emeryvilles and Transtars COE ! Is that one an Eagle? I had read that they put 12V71's in a few of them. Maybe just the Eagle's?

  868. #868Truck Shop2025-11-15 19:52

    No the Eagles we 9370 IIRC, that one is roughly 1976 vintage. But it has some odd cab trim for that year. This one was bought by a farmer who used it about two years. Then he got in a dispute with county over a ditch/pipeline right of way and parked it and scads of anything he could round up over the right of way through the property. He lost his law suit and that county put a thumb on him to remove and clean up the mess or they would hire it done and bill him for it.

  869. #869Truck Shop2025-11-15 19:54

    It originally had a drom on it and pulled a lowboy.

  870. #870Truck Shop2025-11-15 20:03

    This is a photo of it setting in the weeds along Hwy 12 between Dixie & Waitsburg. These two photos are what drew interest and got it sold. *

  871. #871Pops522025-11-15 20:09

    I bet it had a nice smooth ride

  872. #872Truck Shop2025-11-15 20:11

    This a odd/rare wide grille Autocar, I've only ever seen this one. Don't know if it was custom built or factory--I think it was factory. *

  873. #873DMiller2025-11-16 06:50

    While worked at Gelco Truck rental the first 4070 Eagle was in the last year the Transtar was built. Eagle then transitioned to the 93xx series. Trying now to find that year, as memory fails me.

  874. #874DMiller2025-11-16 06:59

    Best can find was not final year of Transtar II, was 1981 as a New option package as Eagle. The 4000 series cabover ended production 1983. 9000 series started in 1982.

  875. #875DMiller2025-11-16 07:02

    Was wrong on 9370, that started in late 1984 as 1985 model year. 4070B was still produced as late as early 1984 with late 1983 builds titled 1984

  876. #876JaredV2025-11-16 13:44

    I can't remember what those were called other than they were still a west coaster. My books are still packed away waiting for me to get time to build shelves after SWMBO has her stuff built.

  877. #877DMiller2025-11-16 17:08

    Did a LOT of Digging around. Truck History: International's Emeryville Trucks - IH Goes West Coast, Big Time - Curbside Classic Until well into the sixties or so, the US heavy truck industry was almost totally segregated geographically. The combination of just geographic distance and vastly more lenient length and weight […] www.curbsideclassic.com Appears the 3 man Cab was considered a Emeryville "S" Model, the one on the Sugar Tanks was likely a RD or RDF Series, and numerous with K series Cab.

  878. #878DMiller2025-11-16 17:13

    And found this:

  879. #879Truck Shop2025-11-16 19:30

    RD 405's were the most common.

  880. #880JaredV2025-11-16 19:38

    Might have posted it before but this '57 was mine. 220 Cummins and 5x3.

  881. #881Tenwheeler2025-11-16 19:52

    I would love to have it and my wife would hate it. Best of luck to you.

  882. #882JaredV2025-11-16 21:19

    I got married and couldn't justify new batteries, etc. I could see it was going to be a long time before I did anything with it and I didn't have a roof to keep it under so I sold it instead of watching it rot away.

  883. #883Truck Shop2025-11-16 21:22

    It's best to let'm go.

  884. #884Truck Shop2025-11-16 21:37

    Here's a question for you folks about my art work. Where do you think I start first with layout? * Because others in that field find my technique very strange. A image for reference. *

  885. #885Welder Dave2025-11-16 22:01

    I'm not good at writing let alone drawing but I'd guess with what view you want to show and then fitting it onto the page. As far as drawing maybe the tires and wheelbase and then drawing the cab and other features in the right proportion?

  886. #886Truck Shop2025-11-17 04:57

    Your fairly close. The closest point in perspective with imaginary vanishing points, which is a steer tire, then fender opening, bumper, farthest steer tire, grille moving back. The standard is establishing all vanishing points then vertical lines to divide the object.

  887. #887Welder Dave2025-11-17 05:21

    Wow, I was close. LoL I have trouble drawing stick figures!

  888. #888Welder Dave2025-11-17 17:10

    Why do others find your technique very strange? How do they do it?

  889. #889Truck Shop2025-11-17 17:55

    Using total vanishing points and dividing into segments to get proportions correct.

  890. #890Truck Shop2025-11-17 19:33

    International Harvester in World War Two /WWII

  891. #891skyking12025-11-18 02:16

    wow that was a long straight scroll rabbit hole!

  892. #892DMiller2025-11-18 03:59

    It is amazing as to what all the auto and truck builders did for the war effort and in such short time frames.

  893. #893Coaldust2025-11-18 04:15

    I forgot about these old Alaska West Express rigs. Freightliner “Super Truck”, 360” WB, twin-steer, Tridom, 550hp Cat and 18 speed. 2k drom tank. Pulling a 48’.

  894. #894DMiller2025-11-18 04:54

    That would have been a REAL Pig to maneuver in the Alaskan Summer, let alone Winter.

  895. #895Truck Shop2025-11-18 10:34

    Reason for post is just how expansive the 4 year military contracts went. Was a massive amount built, with many manufactures expanding buying out smaller companies post war. White was the big one. And of the amount buried or dumped in the oceans afterward.

  896. #896Truck Shop2025-11-18 10:35

    Alaska West photos are all over FB.

  897. #897skyking12025-11-18 10:37

    The author had compiled a whole bunch of stuff in there. I saw things I did not know they had, like those high speed tractors among many others and that tank that only made 9 of, because it just did not improve on the M-4 Sherman significantly. KISS ruled that day and they canceled it. that happened many times with aircraft but that is another thread.

  898. #898DMiller2025-11-18 10:49

    Dad and Uncle were on Jeep carriers when sent back to states. Packed with US Equipment and supplies, all shoved overboard as sailed home. Arrived with only manpower every ship capable did exactly the same. Aircraft trucks munitions anything that would sink.

  899. #899Truck Shop2025-11-18 10:55

    I like these photos, for the fact it doesn't say {bull hauler} on box sign, Livestock! no {pots}. *

  900. #900HawkX662025-11-18 10:56

    Bah. Out driving my 41 Chevy last night and something let go in the engine. It's a 1937 216 bored etc and rebuilt as a 235 in 1954. I guess now is as good a time as any to go through my spare 261 with dual carbs and dual exhaust. Hot Rod dump truck. I like it...

  901. #901skyking12025-11-18 13:27

    @Truck Shop those Pistoresi trucks are very familiar, with WA plates.

  902. #902Truck Shop2025-11-18 15:13

    You probably saw them frequently years ago--based in Toppenish.

  903. #903Truck Shop2025-11-18 20:43

    1945 International M5-H6. Runs everything works. *

  904. #904Truck Shop2025-11-18 22:03

    1957.

  905. #905skyking12025-11-19 00:09

    love those walk around fenders.

  906. #906Truck Shop2025-11-19 07:51

    That REO 733--had a bit of trivia, a first with quad headlights.

  907. #907Mr. Wrench2025-11-19 08:12

    What would they have used for an engine?

  908. #908DMiller2025-11-19 08:28

    DD, Cummins J or N series. Could have due to stack(Muffler removed) diameter been Gasoline

  909. #909Truck Shop2025-11-19 11:12

    Anything with a D after model number was diesel. More than likely a 6-71 inline for the simple fact it was cheaper to try to boost sales.

  910. #910Truck Shop2025-11-19 11:37

    A guy I knew & worked for bought a used Freightliner coe with a 12V71 with only 200K on it in 1980. He bought it from the wife, husband died of heart attack. He paid 28K for it then IIRC, no body was interested really because it had main & auxiliary transmissions, sticks. My truck was in for warranty work so he wanted me to drive the Freightliner, why he bought it I don't know because it just sat. Anywho I made three trips with it, one bay area and two to LA. It did run but fuel mileage was poor. Just like the one below only one solid maroon color. *

  911. #911Mr. Wrench2025-11-19 18:36

    Nice looking truck!

  912. #912Truck Shop2025-11-19 21:38

    Oh it would buzz right along, the pull from Redding through Dunsmuir canyon to Shasta/Weed wasn't tough for it. Rear drives were geared a little high ran 62 constant to keep it at 1900/1950 in fifth direct. It sure liked the fuel with #70 injectors.

  913. #913Truck Shop2025-11-19 21:58

    Truck History: 1973 Freightliner Powerliner - Its Massive 1150 Cubic Inch Cummins KTA Made It The First 600 HP Diesel Highway Truck - Curbside Classic Muscle cars were all the rage in the late sixties and early seventies. Truck owner-operators wanted in on the action too, given the low price of fuel and the ability […] www.curbsideclassic.com

  914. #914Truck Shop2025-11-19 22:19

    Los Angeles Seattle Motor Express. *

  915. #915DMiller2025-11-20 05:27

    Humans in general were smaller then!!

  916. #916Old Doug2025-11-20 06:56

    I am working on a 1937 chevy truck. It belongs to the company that bought the place out i work for. It hadnt ran for a while . I got it running but it needs a new radiator . A guy we have work on radiators ordered one its a lot different . I am going to try to make it work today but if i cant were is a good place to get one?

  917. #917DMiller2025-11-20 08:36

    If he can save tanks, may have to have a Core Custom Built.

  918. #918Truck Shop2025-11-20 09:56

    To some degree yes, average height in 1930 173.4 cm, 2025 175.3 cm.

  919. #919Truck Shop2025-11-20 11:13
  920. #920DMiller2025-11-20 13:00

    Who ended up with LASME's routes?

  921. #921Truck Shop2025-11-20 14:16

    Because they had a grand daddy permit to haul just about anything, and others didn't it was open to all who had permits to cover certain requirements.

  922. #922Truck Shop2025-11-20 17:42

    Survival of the fittest. All things in big business turn to raisins in the end, if it didn't there would be no competition.

  923. #923Truck Shop2025-11-20 19:14

    A good example of years gone by in freight business, Herrett/Gem trucking of Sunnyside Wa. I remember passing Herrett yard as a kid, they had a major bone pile. Most every truck they ran was rebuilt several times, not just drivetrain, cab parts pieces too. Wasn't uncommon in those days. Herrett ran trucks from 1946 models up, both Kenworth & Peterbilt right up to they're demise in the late 70's. Trucking took a huge turn during the 80's, with gliders kits becoming very popular, it just wasn't worth time and effort to piece a truck together out of old worn out critters. Companies turned wrecked over to salvage yards instead of dragging back home. It had to be light damage for them to keep/repair, the whole business model changed even with small companies. Herrett at one time was one of the largest refrigerated truck lines in the U.S. back in the 40/50's. Cream color with Black stripe. *

  924. #924DMiller2025-11-20 19:23

    Much of trucking industry has been misery and heartache

  925. #925Truck Shop2025-11-20 19:36

    Ever since invention of the wheel. *

  926. #926mekanik2025-11-20 20:42

    My Dad with his Pacific off highway truck. It was the first 16' bunk i the area. He told me it was the worst mistake he ever made in his life. I believe it was a 1965.

  927. #927Truck Shop2025-11-20 21:41

    And construction has it's woes---all that's needed is a slight recession turning full blown and everything comes to a grinding halt, spending stops. Except for food, it's why I stayed with refrigerated/frozen when it came to this business. Dry freight, flat bed and van lines all take a hit, the only other transports to stay busy is fuel tankers. Then all the drivers who were running dumps go running to OTR looking for work, but don't last long because they are use to davis beacon pay and can't be away from home. 2008 was a perfect storm that played out everything I noted above. Every occupation has it's ups/downs, I was never with out work. But I did dislike everything about construction on the few of those jobs I had.

  928. #928DMiller2025-11-21 06:04

    Three things the public cannot do without, Food Fuel Electricity. Worked in all three beyond the rest of my working life. Hauled fuel, Hauled packaged milk products, both as second jobs then worked power station.

  929. #929Old Doug2025-11-21 07:39

    The cheap radiator i got has several things different or wrong with it . It cost less than $300.00 . I found one that looks a lot closer to the old one its going to be just under $700.00. That maybe the way we have to go. I will call around about a custom core today. Maybe i am dreaming and need to think if we get buy less than a $1000.00 we are doing good ?

  930. #930DMiller2025-11-21 07:46

    Pretty true Doug, are speaking of a near to 90 year old truck, will have to do with what will fit and will pay a price.

  931. #931Truck Shop2025-11-21 10:08

    Generic aftermarket, lots of stuff out there requires x amount of massaging to make workable.

  932. #932Truck Shop2025-11-21 10:20

    Even the large food processors are dumping off there segment of intercompany responsibility when it comes to shipping. Lamb Weston has contracted with J.B. Hunt to take care of that for the next five years as a general contractor subbing out to other carriers. So my old company is receiving it's loads through Hunt. LB let all carrier contracts expire to have Hunt take care of it. I think eventually in not to distant future he will dump the company.

  933. #933Truck Shop2025-11-21 15:53

    B87 . *

  934. #934Truck Shop2025-11-21 15:54
  935. #935Mr. Wrench2025-11-21 18:36

    Nice picture! Any details on what they are doing?

  936. #936Truck Shop2025-11-21 19:58

    Just belly dump trucking.

  937. #937Truck Shop2025-11-22 13:39

    To add--Companies of all types that require transport services, are going or have gone to dispatch services/AI. Most daily communication is all text--zero human interaction. And dispatch services in many cases is offshore absolutely no verbal interaction, even with incorrect info on loads, it's settled by text.

  938. #938Truck Shop2025-11-22 18:03

    At the shop this morning, Schwab was there thumping checking tires counting change outs. The lead who I've known for 28 years told me, {Schwab is in a company wide hiring freeze, first one in company history}. Sales at this store are down quite a bit.

  939. #939GunnieSacked2025-11-23 23:57

    1904 Cadillac Model F - conceptcarz.com The Cadillac Automobile Company was formed in 1902 following the demise of the Henry Ford Company, formed by Henry Ford and investors William Murphy a... www.conceptcarz.com

  940. #940Truck Shop2025-11-24 22:22
  941. #941DMiller2025-11-25 08:21

    So sad CR is no longer that company.

  942. #942Shimmy12025-11-25 08:53

    For the plain and simple fact it says &Sons on the door.

  943. #943Truck Shop2025-11-25 10:19

    No different than most companies during that time period that are no longer. Business could mostly be done on a handshake. Todays mindset and going back 40 years with board room lawyers, bankers, investment, insurance, local, state & federal combined with what stated above-family usually took it's toll on the original business/concept.---------------------------- -----Plus one other ingredient that's a constant problem--{The enemy of Good is {Better}.

  944. #944Truck Shop2025-11-25 10:23

    Below is an example of offspring destroying a good business--Rufus Parker--Parker Refrigerated. Was a great company that is deceased. *

  945. #945Truck Shop2025-11-25 10:34

    Another one still around but not the same as when photos taken, Pistoresi. I first rode with Corky Pistoresi in 1963, started by his dad Nello. *

  946. #946Truck Shop2025-11-25 10:37

    Those livestock boxes were made by REA manufacturing just west of here in a little place called Touchet Wa.

  947. #947mekanik2025-11-25 10:40

    My wife's great great grandfathers freight company around 1900 in Prince Rupert B.C.

  948. #948skyking12025-11-25 11:05

    The last quarry I loaded out of in Snohomish had this Mack and Bocephus-Eeerie Diorama set up out front. I never see Macks like this.

  949. #949DMiller2025-11-25 12:52

    Bookeerus would work one to death if were not accustomed according to the Old guys!!

  950. #950mowingman2025-11-25 13:18

    That looks like an old Mack “M” series. They had several off-road truck models to pick from many years ago, before they exited that market.

  951. #951kshansen2025-11-25 13:27

    The company I worked for from 1968 till 2015 had many of those off-highway Macks at quarries in the northeast. They actually owned a Mack Dealership in Pennsylvania.

  952. #952Truck Shop2025-11-25 17:07

    That's a mid 50's vintage LVX/LRX/LRSWX model. Mack like others built several models under one heading. *

  953. #953DMiller2025-11-25 17:51

    Never had the honors of one of those.

  954. #954Truck Shop2025-11-25 17:54

    If could only leave those stupid bumpers off, those are tiring. *

  955. #955kshansen2025-11-25 18:19

    The least they could do is install a cutting edge and lower it a couple inches to be used to plow snow! And if they had the money for that "bumper" they could have touched up the paint on the hood/front fenders!

  956. #956DMiller2025-11-25 18:32

    I believe that is called shabby sheik style

  957. #957Truck Shop2025-11-25 18:58

    When break downs occur and towing comes into play, average price to remove those bumpers is 300 to $350. And if has hard wired additional lights, harness get amputated.

  958. #958DMiller2025-11-25 19:01

    Factory on ours even have tow eyes in the bunk box.

  959. #959Truck Shop2025-11-25 19:08

    Rewired headlights & installed new turn signal lamps on a 1996 4964 this morning for a friend. The E model in it has about 50 miles on it since complete overhaul 11 years ago, just been setting. Wants to use to haul scrap now, looks like below. *

  960. #960DMiller2025-11-25 19:23

    Liked that model Star

  961. #961skyking12025-11-25 20:03

    that was got me to make the channel steel bumper for the dump truck. I could not get the skinny proper bumper with two steps in it, only showy 16" deep crap with a few fog light holes cut in it. That was not going to happen!!

  962. #962Shimmy12025-11-25 20:30

    That's the "in" thing nowadays. It's called "patina". But, I'm sure everyone knows that.

  963. #963Truck Shop2025-11-25 20:59

    There is something to it though, some old stuff if straight to start with has a look of yesteryear. Sometimes a little wear here and there shows it's used not abused. I've seen some rigs/vehicles that shouldn't be totally redone because of the original story/history.

  964. #964Truck Shop2025-11-25 21:00

    Makes it more accessible too.

  965. #965Truck Shop2025-11-25 21:12

    When I still had it, people would ask why I never repainted it. With the faded paint it caused a look of more antique than I supposed if all painted nice. I liked it looking aged, grabbed alot of attention because of that. Plus passing a new truck sporting a B model on Rye Grass or Snoqualmie with the aged look was fun. It always passed level three inspections, that's what mattered along with zero break downs and no balloon payments. *

  966. #966JaredV2025-11-25 23:15

    15 or more years ago there was an old boy who pulled for Farwest Freight I think it was with a purple '50s KW. It looked like an old repaint but was taken care of and it didn't have a 220, that's for sure. I saw him running up and down I-5 many times and he was always in the middle lane. Once passed me and threw a wave like he was having the time of his life. Then several years ago I saw it on Craigslist. I think he died and the kids were selling it.

  967. #967DMiller2025-11-26 04:23

    The kids around here all had the flip up super wides hung on front to be cool. Then started hauling to bulk consumers with end dumps, with less than finished roads and yards for end dump deliveries. Super wides started coming back off, lowering kits relegated to shelves in their shops and barns as dragged and damaged so much. One fella had to have duel tanks over-lay weld plated on the bottom and replaced air tanks due to gouge or scrapes DOT did not cotton to.

  968. #968DMiller2025-11-26 04:32

    Some days wish had opted for a lower cab as a Pete, steps into the W are a bit wide apart and many of them, yet the visibility from the cab height pleases me.

  969. #969Truck Shop2025-11-26 06:52

    Here is prime example of wasted resources, why Christopher allowed it I've never got. I know about 1/2 way he mentioned it was a mistake, and will never go down that road again no matter how long a driver has been with company. 2024-- W9L, front drops down when parked. *

  970. #970DMiller2025-11-26 06:54

    No reason for that.

  971. #971Truck Shop2025-11-26 07:04

    The guy who drives has just possibly the worst case of OCD. If driven through gravel lot, he has to stop once on blacktop to pick the little rocks out tires so as not ding quarter fenders. He won't run a/c because it my stir dust within it's system and get on interior. Only drive at times through certain areas by day because too many bugs at night---nuts.

  972. #972DMiller2025-11-26 08:49

    Another Parking Lot Queen constructed.

  973. #973Truck Shop2025-11-26 10:25

    The real trouble with it is dispatch constantly working around those types of drivers. It doesn't make any more money than the plainest truck, just costs more to operate. Owner finally dropped the hammer on that stuff about a month ago when he started adding up the costs of four trucks with foo foo crap, not cost effective.

  974. #974Mr. Wrench2025-11-26 12:16

    Ya, they don't make any more money, but they do look nice going down the road!

  975. #975DMiller2025-11-26 12:22

    Sun shining, no weather, no dust, no traffic.

  976. #976Mr. Wrench2025-11-26 12:57

    Where is this at, I want to go!

  977. #977Truck Shop2025-11-26 13:16

    One stack, one breather, only dot required lights, no graphics, painted steel on back aluminum on steer. Less crap pay better wages.

  978. #978Truck Shop2025-11-26 13:54

    To get a better idea of what Gayle & I dealt with, this same guy driving the same tractor {400} for several years shot through a pallet of drive brake shoes--That's 48 on a pallet. We would reshoe about every 45,000 miles, yet he was a premium driver. Plus drums each time {24} of those. I finally got him to confess he hated going down grades--no kidding. Turns out he was afraid of the high rpm on jake, so was running low rpm ridding the brakes. Mr Trucker--, laughable.

  979. #979DMiller2025-11-26 14:12

    Super Truckers, all the same. W900 I had been driving, 124k on the clock, I was second in it, at 54k, Disc Brakes UNTOUCHED. Was told by Techs at shop, still had 50% Lining and rotors appeared fine on a tire Changeout.

  980. #980DMiller2025-11-26 18:09

    LOL! Ask that W9 driver. Sarcasm by me.

  981. #981skyking12025-11-26 18:24

    In the pickup world we call a truck like that a PPP Pampered Pavement Pickup

  982. #9824x4ford2025-11-26 18:30

    Last disc brake truck I was in had 490000 on the originals when the 14l popped the head current truck has drums with 1.2 mil on 12.7 starting to leak oil around head gasket

  983. #983Truck Shop2025-11-26 20:23

    Not all our drivers were that rough on brakes. Lupe was the best, he would average 600,000 on a set of original drive shoes/drums. And the files attached to the trucks he drove were thin. I might have adjusted the clutch on any truck he drove once a year. He averaged a trip a day over Cabbage.

  984. #984GunnieSacked2025-11-26 23:59

    Here’s one for you. This narrow nose, butterfly hood Peterbilt is from the 1972 movie Duel! Some people are having different opinions on whether it is a 1955 Peterbilt 281, a 1960 Peterbilt 281, a 1960 Peterbilt 351, a 1964 Peterbilt 351, a 1964 Peterbilt 355 . I imagine that they may have had more than one in case of break downs or accidents, may be the reason for the argument of year/model ! After all it’s Hollywood.

  985. #985JaredV2025-11-27 00:39

    I heard tell there were 3 different trucks used in Smokey and the Bandit. One had a Cat and the others Cummins which explains the difference in sound I noticed.

  986. #986DMiller2025-11-27 05:22

    At least three, potentially more for damage removals. The tank trailer was a neck hair raiser for myself as dragged a No Baffle Single cell USAF Surplus bought unit as that. Steel, heavy as a lead balloon, tool boxes under stored extra fittings, hoses, suction or syphon head and piping as well a PTO capable or engine Driven pump to fill tanks with or to draw from underground storage. Way too much **** in a single box. IIRC 8700?? Capacity, could only legally haul 6600-7000 depending Gas or Diesel or JP, would walk/surge against the fifth wheel for couple miles until liquid settled down and any abrupt throttle or brake would set it back to surging. Made a couple guys so motion sick could not drive it. Short loads only made it angrier. 4500-5000 JP to Jerseyville Airport for helos based there would work it like a program. Truck hauling made it all better!! 74 A-car round fender gull wing double frame DC series Super 250, 13 spd SSHDs on White VELVET Ride. Water leaking roof mount Kysor AC and almost enough cab insulation to make right ear freeze while left one cooked in St Louis summer, when worked.

  987. #987Truck Shop2025-11-27 05:38

    Duel--it has created much speculation and far out ideas of what was. This info is from a archive of movie information combined with Peterbilt build data. * Contrary to common super trucker belief there was only one initial truck used in the film, and it was destroyed in last scenes, along with it's late 40's vintage tank trailer. There was another backup/spare truck. Truck used was originally a Union oil rig. A 1957 Peterbilt model 281 with tag axle, two identical trucks were ordered in 1956 along with two 351 models by Union Oil in L.A. and were outfitted by Weld-It Tank manufacturing/shop. From 1955 to 1961-these are the only Pete's ordered that fit the build sheet. One of the two 281's built is in existence ordered by Union Oil and was never part of movie or anything to do with it. The two 281's originally came with Cummins 250's with water cooled turbos, which had issues and were changed out for NH models. Now the one used in movie was repowered with a 1673B Cat in 1967, anyone with any experience can tell that the one in movie was not Cummins powered, transmission was originally a R-960 changed to RT-913 later on. Yes there were four trucks, one spare and two later years/models used in other movies, the 1960 351 spare was used in extended version edited for theater release of the movie Duel in 1973. The 1971 movie Duel was a made for TV viewing only. There has been so much supposition about that truck or trucks used during filming, including the many owners of the spare truck to fill a football stadium full of trucker biscuits & gravy BS, all to whip up interest to sell tickets to a nothing show. * Below is a photo taken by Weld-It Tank of one of the 281's, which one no way to know. All additional items like grab handles, deck plates and so on were installed by Weld-It Tank. * My info comes from someone with access to Peterbilt archive build sheets and researches vehicles used in the movie industry for notable films. * Union Oil one of two 1957 Peterbilt model 281's below.

  988. #988Truck Shop2025-11-27 11:46
  989. #989Truck Shop2025-11-27 11:51

    Note--the fourth one down is a livestock truck, not a bull hauler. Plus when a would be bull hauler is loaded with heifers, it's not a bull hauler, but a heifer hauler. * Top photo of the five--has crash boxes.

  990. #990DMiller2025-11-27 11:59

    Almost missed the Twin Sticks. Pots, Bull racks, whatever called are all Livestock haulers.

  991. #991donkey doctor2025-11-27 12:48

    We called them a Pavement Princess d.d

  992. #992Truck Shop2025-11-27 13:26

    If DOT wrights a ticket--they don't use slang, written as a livestock transport. Yes livestock haulers.

  993. #993Truck Shop2025-11-27 13:59

    Five of these were built for Nasa--only job was move vessels of liquid nitrogen & power compressing equipment. The one left, this one had been re-cabbed with a 80's 359 cab. Originally built in 1969 from 351's. *

  994. #994DMiller2025-11-27 17:14

    N2 pump at rear? AWD! 12v71

  995. #995Baxsie2025-11-27 17:18

    That is a serious flat belt:

  996. #996GunnieSacked2025-11-27 21:14

    1909 Federal Truck The oldest known truck in the world is a pre-production prototype model owned by the same family since new. 1909 Federal Truck | Proxibid Bid in a Proxibid online auction to acquire a 1909 Federal Truck from Wegner Auctioneers. www.proxibid.com The Pride of Detroit: Federal Trucks, 1910-59 - Mac's Motor City Garage.com Here’s a major manufacturer in the golden age of the Motor City you may not know: the mighty Federal truck. The Motor City gave birth to countless automobile manufacturers, but there were numerous truck makers, too—perhaps none prouder than … Continue reading → macsmotorcitygarage.com Federal Motor Truck Company Market - CLASSIC.COM There are 0 Federal Motor Truck Company for sale right now - Follow the Market and get notified with new listings and sale prices. www.classic.com

  997. #997Truck Shop2025-11-27 21:48

    Photos I took of a very early Federal. *

  998. #998Truck Shop2025-11-27 21:50

    Believed to be a 1909-1910.

  999. #999Truck Shop2025-11-27 21:58

    Autocar--is the oldest, still in production vehicle manufacture in the U.S., founded in 1897. 128 years.

  1000. #1000DMiller2025-11-28 08:03

    Watching news this morning. Old trucks came to mind as to streamlining Rocks or Bricks. Had a showcase of City Service machines, those that will seldom attain 40mph and yet are streamlined, swept back features to air intakes or lighting and dump truck bedsides. Old is new and yet still nonfunctional today. Lipstick on Pigs.

  1001. #1001Old Doug2025-11-28 08:07

    When i lived in Iowa my neighbor in town had a Freightliner with a bed on it to haul livestock and he pulled trailer . He parked it along the street by his house it was a oily mess.

  1002. #1002DMiller2025-11-28 08:19

    Likely Driptroit Power.

  1003. #1003Truck Shop2025-11-28 10:45

    Reason for aerodynamic profiled intercity/vocational is less body panel inventory. Percentage built for highway is far greater, if will work in other uses manufactures are not going to redesign for low speed travel. One type fits all. When Kenworth came out with the T600 in 1985 it was followed by the T800 in 1986, which laid the ground work for future.

  1004. #1004Truck Shop2025-11-28 20:55

    Built by a Dutch company DAF -using WWII Fords--First rendition of a rock climber. *

  1005. #1005DMiller2025-11-28 22:22

    Appears part motor grader!

  1006. #1006Truck Shop2025-11-29 10:21

    Same idea as walking beam.

  1007. #1007DMiller2025-11-29 10:26

    Differential at center though. Enclosed Chain Drive?

  1008. #1008Truck Shop2025-11-29 11:33

    Correct--just a different flair on walking beam concept. Not much left of anything with original ideas these days. Only so many many ways to power a axle.

  1009. #1009Truck Shop2025-11-29 21:24

    1972 C5 with V12 Deutz. *

  1010. #1010Mr. Wrench2025-11-29 21:45

    I have never seen one of those. Is it air, oil, or liquid cooled? Non-turbo? Is it stock in the truck or did someone just put it in.

  1011. #1011Truck Shop2025-11-29 21:51

    Air cooled, those were offered way back as option from paccar, wasn't a hot seller around here. South West was where you would find Deutz powered trucks.

  1012. #1012Mr. Wrench2025-11-29 22:12

    What kind of horsepower out of something like that? Always amassed me how much they could get out of those and they where still air cooled.

  1013. #1013Truck Shop2025-11-30 05:49

    300 roughly, built several power options.

  1014. #1014Truck Shop2025-12-01 19:50
  1015. #1015Truck Shop2025-12-01 22:39
  1016. #1016JaredV2025-12-01 23:12

    Back before the T600 started the downward spiral of ugly aerodynamics... I'm curious if any California boys here recognize anyone in this.

  1017. #1017Truck Shop2025-12-02 09:23

    Funny--that A model in video, this photo is me at at Dunnigan rest area I-5. 400 A model Cat, Steve the guy I worked for sold off the coe's bought this. *

  1018. #1018Truck Shop2025-12-03 18:42

    And for the Ford folks--63,600 miles, 1975 IIRC, 8V-71N 318, FL 901 steer axle-16,000 Lb, 8552-A five speed main box, 8341-C four speed auxiliary box, Eaton 340/380 drive axles, Hendrickson RU-340 spring beam rear suspension, Budd/stud pilot wheels. $2,000 bucks/ OBO. LT9000 *

  1019. #1019Pops522025-12-03 18:54

    73,74 model?

  1020. #1020Truck Shop2025-12-03 19:38

    IIRC--1978.

  1021. #1021Pops522025-12-03 20:00

    I should have known that. Those bumpers didnt show up til the late 70s I think.

  1022. #1022JaredV2025-12-03 21:22

    We had a tender about like that only without the front pump. Ex Forest Service. It had a 5x4 and an 8-71 rated at 333 on the valve cover. Must have been bumped up for fire service?

  1023. #1023Truck Shop2025-12-03 21:29

    The 8V-71N actually came in several HP options up to 340 hp without turbo. With turbo 350 HP was common but 8V-71T rated up to 380 HP and the military had some rated at 440 hp I found looking through military spec's. Those were marine use.

  1024. #1024Truck Shop2025-12-03 21:58

    Thing about that LT 9000 Ford--rear ratio is 4.88 and a .81 overdrive auxiliary, plus the 5th gear ratio in main box could be a choice of two 1.00-1 or a .80 overdrive too. Deep under in aux is 2.40, under 1.19, direct 1.00, overdrive .81. Normally a final drive ration of 5.29 is common, 4.88 a little high, it has some top speed. * And the only reason it hasn't sold is the twin gear boxes, if it had a 13spd joystick it would have sold. With that brownie the top three are progressive so it just isn't that tough to drive because those are the main splits anyway. To be a full progressive auxiliary box it would have to have a F, G or H code behind the 8341. Which makes deep under 1.60, under 1.19, direct- 1.00, overdrive .081. * And too there were some main boxes with a real tall 5th of .069.

  1025. #1025Mr. Wrench2025-12-04 06:25

    I always liked the Ford 9000's. Especially the later ones with square headlights and low bunk sleeper, good looking truck.

  1026. #1026skyking12025-12-04 10:02

    I might know a customer for that truck. Finding a good tank is a tall order though.

  1027. #1027Truck Shop2025-12-04 12:35

    Unbolt, drop that fire apparatus, make a dump out of it with the 16K front axle.

  1028. #1028skyking12025-12-04 14:51

    he would want it as a pumper for contract work. So it is a rare coincidence that the pump would be desired.

  1029. #1029Truck Shop2025-12-04 15:00

    I forgot to mention--for some odd reason there is no title, although those can be had, this one is in Ore so it takes more hoop jumping.

  1030. #1030skyking12025-12-04 15:02

    That is where he would want to work it, just by circumstance.

  1031. #1031Truck Shop2025-12-04 19:35

    LT9000 - low miles - heavy equipment - by owner - sale - craigslist Was running when parked. Tank water lines froze and cracked. Tank is still good, pump no good. Was going to turn it into a flatbed but didn't get around to it. Manual transmission. No title. 65,000... bend.craigslist.org

  1032. #1032Truck Shop2025-12-04 19:53
  1033. #1033Mr. Wrench2025-12-05 06:15

    Very classy looking truck, I like it!

  1034. #1034Truck Shop2025-12-05 07:16

    It's a typical east of rockies--dual and quad everything. using a hammer bust out two center road lights, using saws-all cut the lame fender spot mirrors off, chicken sticks, two air horns, and right side spotlight, and all the worthless whore lights.

  1035. #1035DMiller2025-12-05 10:31

    Had to add a Second Alternator for a Company truck YEARS ago, on a Driptriot 8v92, MFA Grain Truck. Had over 80 Lamps just on trailer, all two bulb Grote, 15 Tail Lamos on TRLR, 8 on Tractor, old 4300 IH with a similar box bunk to mine, 10 Cab Markers, do not remember the amount of same two bulb Grote markers all around cab and fuel tanks, an entire line of markers on front bumper where amp draw had to have second circuit for Trailer and Third for accessory lamps truck, as well a second two wire pigtail to trailer, 80amp lighting draw Prior to engage headlamps or any accessories in cab. JUST STUPID. Truck developed a short a short few months later, no one bothered to try and figure where, as the driver did all his own added lights wiring, and had added even more, burned to the ground. Was still driving, but locally and NO extras allowed on next truck.

  1036. #1036skyking12025-12-05 10:50

    thanks I sent it on. replace the likely cracked pump housing and frozen plumbing and just put it back together as it was. Could you hang the tank back on with a wrecker? Probably the easiest solution, mount and bolt the tank and tow it to a new home. Big tow bill but at least just one bill.

  1037. #1037Pops522025-12-05 11:56

    Not an antique but still 51 years old. New 74 model with new Clough wrapped tanks. This was it's first load but not asphalt. A load of naptha from the Douglass refinery in Betteravia, Ca. going to the Paramount refinery. I got to take it on its first load but they gave/issued it to a more senior driver later. I was the youngest driver here for a while and I think the boss liked to "test" the older drivers to see how they would react when he sent the kid out with a new truck that should have been theirs. NTC290. 13 sp, 4.33s on torsion bar susp. Simple. 1 air cleaner, 1 stack, 1 horn, steel wheels (for a while)

  1038. #1038Truck Shop2025-12-05 12:08

    He took it off with something, maybe something is still there. Tow bills are out of sight, unless like I have and using for me--then it's free except for fuel. Everyone has a goose neck these days plus a lowboy, be cheaper to haul.

  1039. #1039Truck Shop2025-12-06 22:01
  1040. #1040Baxsie2025-12-06 23:47

    Is that a LeTourneau? Overland train - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

  1041. #1041skyking12025-12-07 00:06

    Terex MX 8x8

  1042. #1042GunnieSacked2025-12-07 21:43

    1931 Ford AA Gilmore Tanker The 1931 Ford Gilmore Tanker is a vintage vehicle known for its robust design, originally used to transport liquids like fuel and water. It features a 4-cylinder engine and was part of the Ford Model AA series, which was popular for its versatility in hauling various payloads. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1931.ford+gilmore+tanker&t=ddg_ios&atb=v370-1&ko=-1&ia=web&assist=true https://www.classic.com/veh/1931-ford-aa-gilmore-tanker-a4413681-WvgREXp/ https://www.classic.com/m/ford/model-a/ 1931 Ford Model AA Tanker 0 This 1931 Ford Model A Tanker takes you back to the early days of the oil and gas industry with its striking White Eagle Gasoline logos and bright red tank standing out beautifully from the rich black davidsclassiccars.com This link has a video of the tanker in running order. https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/12707/1931-ford

  1043. #1043Truck Shop2025-12-09 18:19
  1044. #1044Truck Shop2025-12-09 19:27
  1045. #1045Truck Shop2025-12-09 19:29
  1046. #1046skyking12025-12-09 19:33

    are you scanning those and cropping them?

  1047. #1047GunnieSacked2025-12-09 19:43

    Corbitt Motor Trucks Corbitt (automobile company) - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org Corbitt - Historic Vehicles This US truck brand isn’t well known outside its home country, but some of its military truck developments were produced in large quantities by other, better known makers - particularly White. Four Corbitts made it Down Under in the 1920s. historicvehicles.com.au Corbitt Company (1907-1958) Corbitt Company Inc. History Corbitt Company Inc. was an American manufacturer of motor vehicles . The brand name was Corbitt . History Corbitt Company Inc. , previously Corbitt Buggy Company , Corbitt Automobile Company , Corbitt Motor Truck Company and Corbitt Company .Richard J. Corbitt... motor-car.net Corbitt Motor Truck Company | Did You Know Cars Corbitt Motor Truck Company (1899–1955) evolved from buggies to military trucks, producing NC's first school bus and 3,000+ WWII vehicles. didyouknowcars.com Best link for photos Trucks 1913-1920 Visit the post for more. corbitttrucks.com

  1048. #1048Truck Shop2025-12-09 21:31

    Some I do, photos I just down load to folders. Trouble is I have boxes of old photos I've never taken the time to scan, probably won't. Some are off net.

  1049. #1049skyking12025-12-09 21:34

    Thank you. That Kenworth ad with those big tire beasts is really cool.

  1050. #1050Truck Shop2025-12-09 21:51
  1051. #1051skyking12025-12-09 22:09

    Dang without that car next to it for scale, you'd have no idea from the top picture. Look at the size of the door.

  1052. #1052Baxsie2025-12-09 22:48
  1053. #1053Welder Dave2025-12-10 01:26

    Something I came across on Facebook the other day was a rare Terex heavy hauler but I can't remember the model. There weren't a lot of them built. It was an off road tractor with a trailer kind of like a giant goose neck. SL40 maybe?

  1054. #1054Truck Shop2025-12-10 03:12

    Suicide doors also.

  1055. #1055Truck Shop2025-12-10 03:54

    Never seen one, and no listings for model or black & white photos. * 61K views · 1.6K reactions | Beautiful truck #truck #fblifestyle #beautiful | L.A TRUCK Beautiful truck #truck #fblifestyle #beautiful www.facebook.com

  1056. #1056DMiller2025-12-10 09:05

    YCA Chevy, with a Cummins, pretty Odd even for '38. Yet VERY Cool.

  1057. #1057Truck Shop2025-12-10 16:23

    A little to perfect--needs green paint and orange wheels with a weed burner.

  1058. #1058Truck Shop2025-12-10 21:26
  1059. #1059Baxsie2025-12-11 01:05

    Here's one. From: https://aas.org/posts/story/2017/11/month-astronomical-history-100-years-hooker-telescope

  1060. #1060Truck Shop2025-12-11 06:02

    That's a good story, I like watching the night sky's.

  1061. #1061skyking12025-12-11 11:35

    We went out one night to find a dark spot, all the way out the Wenas past where the lake used to be and on the bluebird road. Turns out there was one on that gap between the Wenas and Naches in an orchard that was none too shabby, and a dang site easier to get to. Out on the west peninsula it is about as dark as it gets, you just need to find a clear night for it. Get around the corner from the Seattle, Victoria city lights and up into the valleys.

  1062. #1062Truck Shop2025-12-11 16:20

    Mt Wilson was first navigated by a Saurer Truck in 1915. *

  1063. #1063Welder Dave2025-12-11 16:36

    I'm somewhat amazed at how long chains have been around. They require powerful machines to make and also require resistance welding. The beam in the pic. above looks pretty damn heavy!

  1064. #1064Truck Shop2025-12-11 16:57

    That truck was rated at 6.5 ton.

  1065. #1065525isx2025-12-11 20:51

    where is bluebird road at from wenas road ?

  1066. #1066skyking12025-12-11 21:09

    That's the road that drives up over Manastash to the Ellensburg side . https://yakimaaudubon.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/MAP-to-bluebird-trail.pdf

  1067. #1067Truck Shop2025-12-11 21:31

    Yeah--the N. Wenas Rd goes over the top and comes out in Shuskin Canyon or Damon Rd South of the Burg. If a person stays on Audubon Rd far enough there are several roads that lead to Wheeler Canyon and on top of Manashtash not far from Wheeler there is the WSU Observatory--went there a few times during open house. Wheeler Canyon is the short route and better have a 4x4 that isn't a sissy because it's all large rock with boulders on each side and it's very steep, have to cross Manashtash Creek and pay a toll fee to the Manashtash Sasquatch to cross the creek. I Jeep'd all over that country, the Sasquatch and I were on a first name basis.

  1068. #1068Truck Shop2025-12-11 22:10

    @skyking ---if a person stay on Manashtash Canyon Rd, just before a place called Buck Meadows There is a USFS rd going south. But it has been closed right where it dead ends and red dotted for a long time now. AKA the famous {Shoe String Trail} was at one time the top Jeep trail in U.S., long before the Rubicon'er came along with rock crawlers. The difference about the Shoe String was the inclines were real long and just about all a hot rodded jeep with lockers and Super Stags could ever handle, along with lose shale. Local jeep clubs didn't go over without a total of 5 or 6 together because two were going to be towed out, possibly in pieces. Anywho the trail over the top dumps out on Chinook Pass above Whistling Jacks restaurant on 410. * In 1989 a major 4x4 magazine organized a U.S. wide jeep rendezvous to go over the Shoe String. Jeeps came all the way from Florida--with stripped bikini tops and spare tire covers with basic tires, about 400 showed, the carnage was real bad. There's a big difference between rock crawling and balls to the wall hill climbing sometimes dodging trees too. * After the rendezvous the DNR/FS closed the Shoe String trail. If you got a good thing {Shush Quiet}.

  1069. #1069525isx2025-12-11 23:10

    i've been from e-burg over to naches that way a few times, didn't know it as "bluebird" map called it ellensburg pass ? was just curious about location, thanks

  1070. #1070Truck Shop2025-12-12 08:48

    Ah--there is also the little known {Sheep Company Rd} from Ellensburg to Selah, it was originally the first road to Ellensburg and intersects with Shuskin Canyon Rd. It was through the L.T. Murry range.

  1071. #1071Truck Shop2025-12-12 09:19

    289 4 brl, top loader 4 speed/W od, military T case converted to Timken, narrowed 44 in front, narrowed Chrysler 8 3/4 with sure grip in rear, rack & pinion steering, rear springs out boarded, 1/8"x2"x4" rec tube frame. *

  1072. #1072skyking12025-12-12 13:08

    My junior year, one of the guys had a short bed red Ford 4x4 and tried sheep company after a big snow and freeze. he got on top and ran a while, then broke through the crust. Walked out for help. snow drifted it in perfectly, It looked like a chopped off cab and canopy sitting on the snow. another guy chained up a Jeep pickup to go rescue. Broke chain and it stripped off the tie rod etc and he had a floppy side. Then damn near the whole class skipped school. Snow mobiles, other rigs. they tire kicked the jeep pickup down the hill to me. I was the guy with a trailer and we got the front on it like a dolly and I dragged him home. The original truck was unharmed and they shoveled it out and drug it out with mass bodies, snow machines, and ropes.

  1073. #1073Truck Shop2025-12-12 13:59

    The wind and wet weather on top of that ridge can be rough. It turns into Durr Canyon rd with a camp ground listed at Umtanum Creek--full of rattle snakes. It was originally part of the stage coach/freight trail from Dalles Ore to Ellensburg. A quote from a stage driver back in the 1880's {Hell has no hereafter, for it lies between the Dalles & Ellensburg}. *

  1074. #1074Truck Shop2025-12-13 17:01
  1075. #1075Truck Shop2025-12-14 21:18
  1076. #1076Welder Dave2025-12-14 21:25

    Not sure but a 492 might be a pretty rare Marion shovel.

  1077. #1077Truck Shop2025-12-14 21:34
  1078. #1078Truck Shop2025-12-14 21:42
  1079. #1079Welder Dave2025-12-14 21:57

    I think Alcoa wheels are made with 35,000 and 50,000 ton forging presses. The 50,000 ton being the rebuilt Mesta that is a registered mechanical engineering landmark. If I recall the rebuild cost $100,000,000 but there is huge demand for it. It is used for forming many aircraft components. The molds and tooling need to be very precise and require exceptional skill to make.

  1080. #1080JaredV2025-12-14 21:59

    I knew a guy who told me a story about how he was on a pretty rough log haul in the '70s. He was cracking steer wheels and the other trucks weren't having any trouble. Then he noticed they were running aluminum so he switched from steel and had no more trouble.

  1081. #1081Truck Shop2025-12-14 22:05

    Comparing thickness steel to aluminum, aluminum has to be 3 times thicker. In todays world there are two types standard and severe duty in aluminum wheels. Weight savings is around 24/25 lbs per wheel over steel.

  1082. #1082Welder Dave2025-12-14 22:07

    It seems odd aluminum wheels are stronger than steel wheels. Aluminum wheels can have a problem with getting cracks at the holes for the valve stem. I knew a specialty welding shop that used to weld them up and drill new holes but I'm not sure if that's allowed anymore. I can see it being a big safety issue if the person doing the repair doesn't use or know the proper weld procedure.

  1083. #1083Truck Shop2025-12-14 22:14

    Alco as of late, last 6 years has had some issues with cracking at hub center and drop center. But as far as strength, Aluminum lasts longer just from corrosion alone. If Aluminum wasn't as strong or stronger NTSB/DOT wouldn't have allowed them.

  1084. #1084Welder Dave2025-12-14 23:55

    It all depends on the alloy but when you take a 10" thick billet of aluminum and put it under tremendous force it makes a damn strong wheel or anything else for that matter. It takes a lot of engineering too to figure out the best alloy and make the dies. I'd guess you can only compress the material so much before you end up weakening it. Apparently the aluminum is preheated and the pressing makes it even hotter. Would be neat to see the whole process of making forged aluminum wheels. I know on smaller trailers for behind pick ups the white spoke wheels aren't as strong as the basic steel wheels. They look better but aren't as strong.

  1085. #1085Truck Shop2025-12-15 05:39

    Truck frames are another example, built of aluminum going back to the 50's. Galvanic is what kills them worse on east coast. * Product Guide Product Guide, Alcoa Wheels North America www.alcoawheels.com In this ad it talks about V-hub bore, in reality it makes corrosion worse because it made a pocket to collect salt, deicing fluid and muriatic acid used in cleaning wheels. In some cases trailer wheels especially, the V-bore corrodes wheels to hubs so tight I plus the tire shops have had to resort to fork lift with use of a chain to yank wheels/tire assembly's from steel hubs, that have been on for a year or more. * WHAT DOES 'JWL' AND 'JWL-T' MARKED ON THE WHEELS MEAN? WHAT IS JWL? Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard is the quality standard for Japan. The JWL standard is a set of performance requirements for alloy wheels which is overseen by the Japan Light Alloy Wheel Testing Council (TWTC) in Japan. Having this certification is a representation of a quality... wheelsape.com

  1086. #1086Truck Shop2025-12-15 05:45
  1087. #1087mowingman2025-12-15 10:08

    Many years ago, a local guy here, invented a machine that installs tires on Alcoa alum. wheels. He sold this process to Alcoa. They have a big facility about a mile from our house, that puts tires on their wheels for Peterbilt. They have often worked 24/7 dong this. I see truckloads of tire/wheel assemblies headed to the Peterbilt plant every day. I would guess they mount close to 1000 tires/day.

  1088. #1088Truck Shop2025-12-15 10:44

    Just cell wrapped 8 cracked about month ago shipped to Alcoa, and last week 8 new showed up.

  1089. #1089Truck Shop2025-12-15 18:50
  1090. #1090skyking12025-12-15 19:48

    That's impressive. I can make a bit of a mess with it using a big excavator.

  1091. #1091Truck Shop2025-12-15 20:47
  1092. #1092Truck Shop2025-12-15 21:46
  1093. #1093bccat2025-12-15 23:25

    In the mid sixties Our neighbor just down the Street had a Red B81 logging truck , I can still remember the sound of the Thermodyne engine, there was 2 of them in our town, they were converted to dump’s in the 70’s, then probably scrapped. Cheers

  1094. #1094Welder Dave2025-12-16 01:10

    Looks similar to Ford cabs of the day which I thought were kind of ugly.

  1095. #1095Truck Shop2025-12-16 06:56

    That's because it is. Ford design, stamped by Budd, pieces assembled by Mack.

  1096. #1096Truck Shop2025-12-16 06:58
  1097. #1097Old Doug2025-12-16 07:19

    The shifter could get to be a deal as they got worn

  1098. #1098Truck Shop2025-12-16 08:18

    That's a understatement--a linkage nightmare.

  1099. #1099DMiller2025-12-16 13:21

    Had FLEETS of them at the Utility, ALL Five Speed with 2spd diff on singles, the Ten speeds on the tandem air brake trucks was Close eyes and Throw at a Slot, find what get and drive.

  1100. #1100Truck Shop2025-12-17 11:27

    Hendrickson. *

  1101. #1101DMiller2025-12-17 12:02

    Now THAT is a Monster

  1102. #1102BC Placer gold2025-12-17 12:12

    That's a big boy truck alright! Looks like Yukon or Alaska judging by background forest?

  1103. #1103DMiller2025-12-17 13:32

    73 or 74 Chevrolet, truck already appearing Old or aged.

  1104. #1104Truck Shop2025-12-17 13:44

    Everyone should have one--to heck with a 20 ton tag or goose neck. Yes drive that spindly d10 or 11 on and cruise away. Notice the 55 of oil behind cab to top off with. Was built in 1971, two were built and as you state used in Canada. Hedrickson 360.

  1105. #1105GunnieSacked2025-12-17 14:09

    1930 Ford Model AA Dump Truck

  1106. #1106Truck Shop2025-12-17 17:55

    A list of truck manufactures years past including today, it's immense. About 1910 up. * ACASON, ACE, A.C.F., ACME, ACORN, AIR-O-FLEX, AJAX, AKRON MULTI-TRUCK, ALENA STEAM, ALL-AMERICAN, ALL-POWER, ALLIED TRUCK, AMERICAN, AMERICAN BANTAM, AMERICAN TRUCK & BUS, AMERICAN LA FRANCE, AMERICAN STEAM TRUCK, AMTORG, APEX, APPERSON, APPLETON, ARANDSEE, ARCO, ARMLEDER, ARROW, ASTOR, ATERBURY, ATCO, ATLANTIC, ATLAS, AULTMAN-TAYLOR, AUSTON, AUTOHOE, AUTOCAR, AUTOHORSE, AUTOMATIC, AUTO TRACTOR, AVAILABLE, AVERY, ---BACKUS, BAKER, BARKER, BARROWS, BATTRONIC, BEAVER, BECK, BECK-HAWKEYE, BEGGS, BELL, BELMONT, BESSMER, BETZ, BIEDERMAN, BIG FOUR, BINGHAMTON, BIRCH, BOLLSTROM, BOWMAN, BRADLEY, BRIDGEPORT, BRILL, BRISCOE, BROCKWAY, BROMFIELD, BROWN, BUCK, BUDA, BUFFALO, BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD, BUICK, BULL-DOG, BUSSING, ---CAPITOL, CARAVAN, CASCO, CASE-JI, CEDAR, CHAMPION, CHASE, CHEVEROLET, CHICAGO MOTOR WAGON, CHRYSLER, CLARK, CLARKSPEED, CLIMBER, CLINTON, CLYDESDALE, G.M.C., COLMAN, COLES, COLLIER, COLUMBIA, COMET, COMMERCE, COMMERCIAL, CONCORD, CONDOR, CONESTOGA, CONSOLIDATED, COOK, COUPLE GEAR, CRAWFORD, CRESENT, CROSLEY, CROWN, CUB, CUNNINGHAM, CURRAN, --DART, DAY-ELDER, DEARBORN, DEFIANCE, DE MARTINI, DEPENDABLE, DE SOTO, DETROIT, DIAMOND REO, DIAMON T, DIEHL, DIXON, DODGE, D'OLT, DOUBLE DRIVE, DRAKE, DRAYMASTER, DUER, DUPLEX, DURANT, DUTY, DYNAMIC, ---- EAGLE, EDISON, EIGHT WHEEL TRUCK, EISENHAUER, ELECTROMOBILE, ELECTRUCK, ELWELL PARKER, ERIE,---FACTO, FAMOUS, FARGO, FARM-O-ROAD, FISHER, FLEXI-TRUC, FORD, FORSCHLER, FRONT DRIVE, FREIGHTLINER--- GARY, GEM, GERSIX, GIANT, GOTFREDSON, GRAHAM-DOANE, GRAMM, GRAMM PIONEER, GRASS PREMIER, G.W.W., HAHN, HAL-FUR, HALL, HAMPDEN, HARVEY, HENDRICKSON, HUNT, HURON, INDEPENDENT, INTERNATIONAL, INDIANA, ITALIA,-- J&H,--KAISER, KARRY LODE, KAWS QUALITY, KERNS, KENOSHA-WINTHER, KIMBALL, KREBS, KENWORTH,---LA FRANCE, LANGE, LECTRA HAUL, LE MOON, LEHIGH, LETOURNEAU, LINN, LOMBARD, LONE STAR, LORRAINE, LOW-BED MOTOR TRUCK, LUVERNE,--MACK, MARTIN, MASON, MENOMINEE, MARMON-HERRINGTON, MARMON, MORELAND,--OLD HICHORY, OLDSMOBILE, OSHKOSH, OVERLAND, PACKARD, PATRIOT, PETERBILT, PIERCE-ARROW, PLYMOUTH,--RELAY, RELIANCE, REO, REPUBLIC, RUGGLES, RUGBY,--STANDARD, STAR, STERLING, STEWART,--TRANSPORT, TRAFFIC,--WABCO, WALTER, WARD, WARD LA FRANCE, WHITE, WHITE FREIGHTLINER, WHITE WESTERN STAR. * There are a few I left out, because the company didn't last a single year, and most of these only lasted a year or two at best. 50% went bust, the other's were gobbled up by bigger fish. It's what happens with too many manufacturing the same thing, big fishes eat little fishes. Imagine if there were this many building construction equipment today, and construction equipment back then was just about as bad.

  1107. #1107Welder Dave2025-12-17 18:50

    Only in Canada you say? pity!

  1108. #1108GunnieSacked2025-12-19 14:20

    Railcars loaded with brand new 1969 Kenworth Conventional trucks

  1109. #1109DMiller2025-12-19 15:07

    Appear NG Rail

  1110. #1110JaredV2025-12-19 19:34

    My dad said the boss he drove dump truck for in the '60's and '70's bought some new GMCs that had damage to the cabs and front suspension when they were brand new. Then when the fire dept bought a new truck in the '80's they were advised by the salesman to drive it home themselves from the Midwest rather than ship it by rail. Later on he was pacing a train hauling trucks and they were slamming and banging around something awful. Then he understood.

  1111. #1111Truck Shop2025-12-19 20:13

    Top of I-84 Meachum yesterday, just one of many. *

  1112. #1112Old Doug2025-12-20 07:55

    I may have mentioned this but there is a 1974 c60 my dad had that has less that 2000 miles. It looks good but what would it take to make it usable ? It will be interesting when we have a auction or whatever and sell it what will it bring . If i could and it was totally up to me i could about give it to some one that would make it useful and get some good out of it.

  1113. #1113Pops522025-12-20 11:28

    We will be seeing the same on Donner soon…..

  1114. #1114JaredV2025-12-20 20:23

    All of them that I've seen the cab rots out first. If it has a good cab, I'm sure there's somebody that would want it for that.

  1115. #1115Truck Shop2025-12-21 16:41

    Late 40's Kenworth 888. *

  1116. #1116oarwhat2025-12-21 16:55

    Looks like an oversized Dodge power wagon. I like it!

  1117. #1117Truck Shop2025-12-21 19:48
  1118. #1118JaredV2025-12-22 02:42

    Probably grossing 100-120k, would that have an iron lung 275 Cummins?

  1119. #1119Truck Shop2025-12-22 06:02

    Probably just n-a model cummins.

  1120. #1120Truck Shop2025-12-22 07:40

    62. *

  1121. #1121Mr. Wrench2025-12-22 07:45

    What engine would that have?

  1122. #1122DMiller2025-12-22 10:12

    Stacks side by Side, V8 or V12 Detroit, End to End likely 6/110 DD.

  1123. #1123JaredV2025-12-22 13:05

    I think 2 6-71s side by side

  1124. #1124bccat2025-12-22 13:09

    Cummins was a option also,

  1125. #1125Truck Shop2025-12-23 08:46

    something like this, minus the fans I suppose.

  1126. #1126DMiller2025-12-23 14:02

    Marine and Sherman Tanks.

  1127. #1127Truck Shop2025-12-23 16:34

    Peabody & Sherman.

  1128. #1128mowingman2025-12-23 18:22

    Peabody and Sherman and the "Wayback machine".

  1129. #1129Truck Shop2025-12-23 18:30

    Yes "Way back to 6-71's powering the Wayback Machine. Everywhere Peabody and Sherman went they were easy to follow from the trail of oil.

  1130. #1130Truck Shop2025-12-24 19:01

    9.4K views · 2.6K reactions | Another great discovery made by one of our inspectors. A U-bolt, which is a vital part of a vehicle’s suspension system, had three of the four fasteners lose. U-bolts are crucial for attaching axles to leaf springs to m Another great discovery made by one of our inspectors. A U-bolt, which is a vital part of a vehicle’s suspension system, had three of the four fasteners lose. U-bolts are crucial for attaching axles... www.facebook.com

  1131. #1131Truck Shop2025-12-24 19:03
  1132. #1132Truck Shop2025-12-24 19:06
  1133. #1133Truck Shop2025-12-25 15:20
  1134. #1134Truck Shop2025-12-25 19:59

    There were four trucks used in the phony tv series "Moving On". When I lived in Ellensburg there was one that parked at a motel every now and then. The S. Pruitt lettering could still be made out under the repainted doors. *

  1135. #1135DMiller2025-12-26 06:38

    Weren’t these 90nuthin powered on a five speed?

  1136. #1136Truck Shop2025-12-26 11:51

    Only one was.

  1137. #1137Truck Shop2025-12-26 17:57

    Not a big seller for Cummins, kind of a dud. *

  1138. #1138Truck Shop2025-12-26 19:10

    A early to mid 50's GMC 820 Diesel {Cannonball} powered by a 4-71. I found this today cruising through town, a dump truckers dream--only needs a two axle pup. *

  1139. #1139DMiller2025-12-26 19:47

    Actually saw one forty some years ago, head was busted as been run hot puking water. White Compact city truck at the Old Monroe fertilizer yard. Owner pleaded to find parts, Cummins parts man was my age now, laughed when gave him the CPL. could not believe one was still around.

  1140. #1140mowingman2025-12-26 20:47

    First one of that model that I have ever seen, set up as a tandem dump. Pretty neat.

  1141. #1141Truck Shop2025-12-26 21:06

    Yeah kind of a odd pick for a dumper, has 4x4 boxes progressive. I bet that was a cooker in summer, no power steering with that 471 rear axle ratios had to be in the 7's plus it had top drop Spicer axles. The whole truck looked original, setting on top of that 471 had to be terrible.

  1142. #1142Truck Shop2025-12-26 21:15

    A guy that collects old International stuff west of town has a IH with a JT-6. It runs not real good, but it does run. He also has a West Coast, but a odd one with a very odd Cummins V-8. I don't remember the model of the truck or engine, I think it runs too but not sure. One of these days I'll have to run by his place and get some photos of it, A 50's model Cummins if IIRC only one like that I have ever seen. I know the guy fairly well, he also has a 405 model High Binder a bunch of tractors all kinds of IH stuff.

  1143. #1143Truck Shop2025-12-26 22:05

    Letourneau, circa 1955. * View attachment 353426

  1144. #1144Pops522025-12-26 22:43

    Didnt leTourneau once say “there are no big jobs, just small machines”?

  1145. #1145Mr. Wrench2025-12-27 08:15

    Did they use these very long?

  1146. #1146BC Placer gold2025-12-27 11:04

    Looks like a similar concept to what was tried in Antarctica... Funny how they refer to the 'frozen wastes of Alaska" lol! Looks like the operators would have a good forward view of terrain. 5psi tires must have helped, but would need open country to utilize best. Detroit V12 from sketch?

  1147. #1147Truck Shop2025-12-27 11:23

    It was kind of a Titanic type thing, the low down below. * Sno-Freighter - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

  1148. #1148BC Placer gold2025-12-27 11:44

    Nice photo there with the fireweed, still looks in decent shape in 2009. Just too big and cumbersome, and overcomplicated no doubt...

  1149. #1149GunnieSacked2025-12-27 21:46
  1150. #1150GunnieSacked2025-12-28 19:00

    In 1962 LeTourneau took on the task to build "the ultimate land train", the TC-497 Overland Train MkII. Two of its 12 trailers were dedicated to carrying the four Solar gas-turbine engines (1,170hp each / 4,680hp total) and spin generators to propel it across arctic conditions as well as sand and desert. Overland train - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org A look at the Overland Train The Overland Train is a tale of transportation innovation. www.militarytrader.com TC-497 Overland Mark 2 – Overland Trains The TC-497 Overland Mark 2 (TC-497) was a 572 feet long Overland Train, the longest out of the six. It used 3 SOLAR 10MC gas turbines to provide electrical energy to each LeTourneau Electric Drive, with a fourth SOLAR gas turbine in the control car for scouting operations or additional... overlandtrains.com

  1151. #1151JaredV2025-12-28 19:30

    I think that's where the original Bigfoot monster truck tires came from.

  1152. #1152Truck Shop2025-12-28 20:10

    There were many George Jetson ideas floating around back then.

  1153. #1153GunnieSacked2025-12-30 02:03

    Heavy Hauling - The Eisenhauer Freighter – A Unique Twin Engine Five Axle Truck: This interesting truck built in 1946 has two Chevrolet engines and has three axles the steer.

  1154. #1154Truck Shop2025-12-30 05:35

    Eisenhauer---built some fruity stuff, they had a more modern version also, along with some trial military stuff.

  1155. #1155Mr. Wrench2025-12-30 08:05

    I wonder what they used it to haul? It looks like the Eisenhauer Company was in Van Wert Ohio, not very far from me.

  1156. #1156Truck Shop2025-12-30 11:49

    Just a experimental truck for hauling dry freight.

  1157. #1157Truck Shop2025-12-30 19:32

    754K views · 23K reactions | My brother left his 4300 at my place before he left for Alaska. My 14yo thought the 8V needed the cobs blowed out today! | Richard Kettwich My brother left his 4300 at my place before he left for Alaska. My 14yo thought the 8V needed the cobs blowed out today! www.facebook.com

  1158. #1158Truck Shop2025-12-30 19:33
  1159. #1159Mr. Wrench2025-12-30 19:35

    What did they use those for?

  1160. #1160Mr. Wrench2025-12-30 19:37

    FWD also made big four wheel drive tractors.

  1161. #1161Truck Shop2025-12-30 19:39

    Navigating swamps, peat bogs, marsh.

  1162. #1162Shimmy12025-12-31 01:27

    Fixed it for you.

  1163. #1163Truck Shop2025-12-31 07:17
  1164. #1164525isx2025-12-31 11:10

    got any pictures of the old page&page suspensions ?

  1165. #1165Truck Shop2025-12-31 11:19

    Not much in that department.

  1166. #1166Truck Shop2025-12-31 22:31

    Headed to the highway exhibit route 97 southern ore in the 60's, Thunder Beast Park. lol *

  1167. #1167Truck Shop2026-01-01 03:43

    Leaving Kelowna. *

  1168. #1168BC Placer gold2026-01-01 11:18

    Close family friend started there at the beginning, I think he was #3 for seniority. Retired when they closed up shop...Said this before, but still remember the tour we had of the factory in the early eighties. Lots of impressive looking engines to be seen (to a young lad!)

  1169. #1169GunnieSacked2026-01-02 08:00
  1170. #1170GunnieSacked2026-01-02 08:04

    GMC Armbruster/Stageway

  1171. #1171Tenwheeler2026-01-02 20:34

    That is interesting. Never saw one but not far from the bus I rode as a kid. It only had one door on each side and 4 seats. The drivers and 3 2x12's front to rear. The kid behind the driver had to operate the stop sign.

  1172. #1172GunnieSacked2026-01-03 20:40
  1173. #1173skyking12026-01-03 21:42

    love the chicken sticks

  1174. #1174Baxsie2026-01-03 23:10

    I took a (poor) photo of a picture in a restaurant in Leavenworth, WA of one of those used for some ski team. Edit: Some searching shows they are still around: History www.mrst.us And a better (original?) image:

  1175. #1175Truck Shop2026-01-04 07:45

    1960 IH VCHOF-200. *

  1176. #1176GunnieSacked2026-01-05 20:19

    ​ 1920’s Ford Model AR Tandem

  1177. #1177Baxsie2026-01-05 20:56

    Woah . . . that is "Sofa King®" cool looking!

  1178. #1178Truck Shop2026-01-05 21:36

    IMO--Ford never made a truck till the early 70's LN models.

  1179. #1179Coaldust2026-01-07 16:40

    1981 Autocar. Ol’e 150 is still getting er’ done in the patch, boys.

  1180. #1180Truck Shop2026-01-07 16:47

    That's not been properly used, too much straight sheet metal. Looks like a heavy duty queen of the sofa crowd.

  1181. #1181Coaldust2026-01-07 17:05

    They take some pride in their ride. Local Family owned business.

  1182. #1182BC Placer gold2026-01-07 17:11

    Nice & proper front bumper as well!

  1183. #1183Coaldust2026-01-07 17:18

    You like bumpers. This is a bumper.

  1184. #1184Truck Shop2026-01-07 18:18

    It's not skinned up, bumpers like that are for crashing and thrashing, neither truck has been properly used. Those bumpers are just paper weights, if objects in path sees no paint scrapped off, there is no fright factor. * That truck must go fast in reverse, too funny how times change. Years ago trucks with mud flaps hanging from bumper were considered limp wrist-lol.

  1185. #1185Truck Shop2026-01-07 18:51

    Here's one that parked next to me at local show this last September. The owner and wife were sure to let everyone who passed by that their s--t didn't stink. *

  1186. #1186Truck Shop2026-01-07 18:53

    Funny thing is they put NAPA flaps hanging from front--cheap seats.

  1187. #1187Coaldust2026-01-07 19:07

    She needs some planetary drives in the back and another front axle. Im using the front bumper as a desk today.

  1188. #1188Truck Shop2026-01-07 19:17

    That's actually what Kenworth built that bumper for---a place to spread out a doily {a lace doily at that} to lay the buns, mustard, relish and mayo for snacking on trucker Roller Dogs. * I like the German Rollers myself.

  1189. #1189Coaldust2026-01-07 19:23

    Hold on. Just a minute. I need to polish my chrome Luberfiner.

  1190. #1190Truck Shop2026-01-07 19:28

    Take a guess what one like that in that condition is worth in todays dollars, never mind. $1,250. Those 750 models are getting hard to find.

  1191. #1191Truck Shop2026-01-07 19:39

    I have a drop back manifold like the one below, keep procrastinating about selling. In good condition those go for $750 up. *

  1192. #1192Pops522026-01-07 19:51

    I had one of those. Til 1995…..

  1193. #1193Truck Shop2026-01-07 21:27

    A friend who is a salesman at Hagerman Salvage sold two at once, both in original boxes. One had a blemish, both together sold for $2,400. The guy couldn't get his wallet out fast enough.

  1194. #1194Pops522026-01-07 22:05

    My 96 Pete had the chrome P/S reservoir in the same spot. Nice seat while cleaning the glass…

  1195. #1195Truck Shop2026-01-07 23:09

    Mack had one--simple fact the aluminum Cummins pan is only 7.5 gallons so it needs the extra capacity of the luberfiner, plus it acts as a oil cooler too. The steel pans are 9 gallon and the spin on makes it ten. I used a steel pan so it held 11.5 gallons *

  1196. #1196Truck Shop2026-01-08 02:31

    Funny thing about family owned businesses--they don't usually disappear from outside issues, it's normally from inside out--family makes for bad business in the end.

  1197. #1197Coaldust2026-01-08 20:28

    This gurl doesn’t know if She is an Autocar, a White, or a GMC. And, She has a special front axle.

  1198. #1198Tenwheeler2026-01-08 21:06

    Volvo was slow to stamp their name on everything but that slash started in about 86. Needling their acceptance into the North American public.

  1199. #1199Truck Shop2026-01-08 21:28

    Those were some of the darkest days for that trio. The Volvo cab and electronics were bottom of the barrel. The Volvo/GMC/White cabs were absolutely the most unergonomic cabs built. Probably one of the most hated by fleet drivers, I remember Roadway had scads of those, never met a driver that had a good thing to say about them. * That one looks to be Cummins BC powered.

  1200. #1200Coaldust2026-01-09 00:31

    One Sixty Nine, (69, cause this old lady still likes to party). Has been sitting outside cold soaking for 48 hours. Because, I filled the shop full of ISO tanks. Now, She won’t crank . And, we have wenching to do. Er’ winching and gin poles and stuff. Well, somebody has to winch. I still got tanks to test. Let’s install fresh, warm batteries and see what happens. You can’t stop a Western Star.

  1201. #1201Truck Shop2026-01-09 02:59

    That one is not one of the great years with what looks a 112 cab.

  1202. #1202Baxsie2026-01-10 11:21

    Stibnite, ID . ( map link ) Antimony mine ~ WWII . This was the company gas station that my grandpa and grandma ran. Grandma had a beauty shop upstairs, grandpa did the gas station and I think a repair bay. Probably a couple of my aunts posing. That Chevy looks brand new. Same gas station to the left, town / company recreation hall on the right: From the same roll of film, so probably also in that area and era of the Idaho backcountry. Looks like maybe a camping or hunting trip? Not sure about this one. Any of the men could easily be grandpa: Not too surprising that the mine ended up as a superfund site: https://cumulis.epa.gov/supercpad/cursites/csitinfo.cfm?id=1000236 When we were kids, we would tromp around the ruins of the town, taking home crusher balls and slipping on the piles of x-ray films at the hospital. I remember a hill on one side of the valley that was totally dead - looked like a fire had recently gone up it. This would have been in the 70's, so some 30 years after the WWII mine had closed. My mom (who grew up there as a kid during the war) said that the smoke from the smelter would blow up that mountain and that is what killed all the trees. That is some nasty smoke! The entire town got scrubbed in later, modern iterations of the mine .

  1203. #1203Baxsie2026-01-10 11:43

    Here are some other Stibnite truck / equipment images pulled from the modern owner's site : Snowing in the mountains? Ya, long sleeve t-shirt should be fine

  1204. #1204Truck Shop2026-01-10 13:13

    My brother in-law now passed was born in Wallace, his dad was the controller/book keeper for Sunshine Mines.

  1205. #1205Baxsie2026-01-10 15:39

    Also a superfund site SUNSHINE MINE | Superfund Site Profile | Superfund Site Information | US EPA cumulis.epa.gov

  1206. #1206Truck Shop2026-01-10 17:17

    Yeah I know all about that mess.

  1207. #1207Truck Shop2026-01-10 21:04

    And lets not forget, Compressor.

  1208. #1208Truck Shop2026-01-13 21:49
  1209. #1209Mr. Wrench2026-01-14 11:04

    I love those B model Macks. What kind of scraper? International?

  1210. #1210bccat2026-01-14 12:46

    Looks like an Allis Chalmers.

  1211. #1211Truck Shop2026-01-14 21:29

    B81 in Belgium. *

  1212. #1212Truck Shop2026-01-19 12:24

    1948 KBR-14. *

  1213. #1213Truck Shop2026-01-20 15:36

    17K views · 359 reactions | 1927 Cummins model p started #video #fblifestyles #oldschool #vintagefinds #usareels #usa #cummins #cumminsdiesel #cumminspower | Anything vintage 1927 Cummins model p started #video #fblifestyles #oldschool #vintagefinds #usareels #usa #cummins #cumminsdiesel #cumminspower www.facebook.com

  1214. #1214Truck Shop2026-01-20 19:28

    That post above is courtesy of Tylerd4c.

  1215. #1215Truck Shop2026-01-20 21:56

    Hot potato hauler. *

  1216. #1216Truck Shop2026-01-21 22:09
  1217. #1217Coaldust2026-01-22 02:05

    Muktuk Trucking from the 70’s.

  1218. #1218Truck Shop2026-01-22 05:04

    PacCar really screwed up, should have offered diesel pickup line years ago and taken that avenue away from the big three along time ago.

  1219. #1219Truck Shop2026-01-22 21:24

    More than kind of rare, 1975 Diamond Reo Raider, in really good original condition. *

  1220. #1220GunnieSacked2026-01-23 00:23
  1221. #1221Baxsie2026-01-23 00:31

    No snow, and the ground is frozen enough to not be muddy, so I loaded up the 1946 with some scrap steel. Bonus: the 6v started with no drama at 25°F. Dang. That old truck is a rock.

  1222. #1222Old Doug2026-01-23 10:06

    This is my 63 f600. I wanted a truck like it but didn't know how useful it would be. I gave scrap price for it and got a 64 with a rebuilt 330. I put all the good stuff on the 63 and did a bunch of work making sure it was in good shape without spending much money. Its been one of the best things i have ever owned. If i know it was going to be so useful i would have got something newer but other than speed it will do everything a newer truck can do and for the most part I dont have to go to far when i am using it. Its been a gift from above.

  1223. #1223Old Doug2026-01-23 10:52

    This is my IH it had a bad engine so I put a 350 chevy in it. I planned on using it to move trailers with 5th wheels around the lot so I put a 5th wheel on it but it's a job removing the poles.

  1224. #1224Truck Shop2026-01-23 13:03

    Good thing the oil sump is in the rear of pan.

  1225. #1225Baxsie2026-01-23 20:36

    @BakedBeansGarage om YouTube would have loved that Bolens tractor!

  1226. #1226Old Doug2026-01-24 06:48

    I had this ideal a few years ago that I would get a newer truck and I got a job moving some trailer so i got this 1995 GMC.

  1227. #1227Old Doug2026-01-24 07:14

    I am not sure what brought the ideal in my head but i needed to move some trailers the job was going to pay good enough that i could about pay for a truck. Then i would have 3 trucks The ford flat bed,the IH pole truck and the 1995 GMC . I thought i would buy the GMC lengthen the frame to to hold a flatbed dump roll off bed and also put a winch and pole setup like the IH has. Then I would have one truck to do the work of 3. I used the GMC to move the trailers then put a winch on it but i got busy with life and never lengthened the frame . Now i am glade i didnt when something happens to the ford a dump trailer to pull would work and having a truck with gin poles ready to go seems to work good instead of putting poles on a truck every time its needed. What would life be like if we had a crystal ball to see the future instead of trying stuff out to see what works ?

  1228. #1228mowingman2026-01-24 12:04

    Does that little GMC have a 3116 in it? I had that little Cat engine in 3 of my old GMC's. Some say they were junk, but mine were all very dependable little diesels.

  1229. #1229Old Doug2026-01-24 16:06

    No it has a 366 or 427 on propane . I was going to switch it over to gas but i have been buying a permit to burn LP for the past few years . I need to take time at the first of next year and get it setup to burn gas.

  1230. #1230dayexco2026-01-26 20:47

    i grew up in a small community in ne south dakota. bus company was "jackrabbit" that's how they handled the smaller towns in the mid 50's to mid 60's

  1231. #1231Truck Shop2026-02-09 19:45
  1232. #1232Truck Shop2026-02-16 19:53

    2.8K views · 36 reactions | Has anyone ever ran a truck with an air starter ? Let me know in the comments. Love the classics especially the old CF shakers | Diesel Flicks Has anyone ever ran a truck with an air starter ? Let me know in the comments. Love the classics especially the old CF shakers www.facebook.com

  1233. #1233Truck Shop2026-02-16 22:19
  1234. #1234Truck Shop2026-02-17 20:34
  1235. #1235GunnieSacked2026-02-19 22:49

    1955 Chevy 4400 5 Ton 4x4 1955 Chevy 4400 5 ton 4x4 at DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. duckduckgo.com

  1236. #1236Welder Dave2026-02-20 00:58

    It's different but not very practical for anything.

  1237. #1237Truck Shop2026-02-20 02:12

    That probably applies to the owner also, it takes a certain wardrobe/look to even stand near it.

  1238. #1238Welder Dave2026-02-20 02:47

    If that's your off road rig you wouldn't get far. Some people are all about the bling rather than function.

  1239. #1239HarleyHappy2026-02-20 08:55

    That thing would be awesome off road. Come on, you can tell just by looking at it! Im completely jealous, would love trying to climb into that thing.

  1240. #1240Baxsie2026-02-20 14:30

    Drives me nuts when the tires do not match the fender wheel arches . . .

  1241. #1241BC Placer gold2026-02-20 18:35

    No room for any axle articulation....just for show I suppose.

  1242. #1242Old Doug2026-02-21 07:42

    I dont understand why a lot of people think things are good looking when they would be a deal to try to use ? I worked with a guy that had a 1990 chevy pickup . He got a set of after market wheels . We worked at a shop that had a tire machine . We put them on one after noon . They made the tires stick out past the fender openings a little. After work that night we went on a trip to look at something and it rained . The tires throw dirty water and mud all over the sides of the pickup. We took them off the next day. I see a lot of pickups with the tires sticking out past the fenders i can only imagine the mess they make .

  1243. #1243HarleyHappy2026-02-21 09:28

    But but but, they look good! Im all for a little lift and love a little rumble but it’s gotta be usable. I personally hate pickups that look like your ass will be dragging on the ground. Then the opposite side of the coin. Friend just bought a Chevy 2500 diesel, all stock, need a step ladder to see if anything is in the bed. Another friend just bought a new Dodge 2500 diesel and it has a funky folding step to get in the bed, under the drivers side back bumper. Seriously thinking of buying one for my GMC and making it fit. Kick it down and lift up a little and it springs back up!

  1244. #1244Truck Shop2026-02-21 10:52

    Prefer stock as a rock, it has more resale value, can buy properly engineered parts, has a better center of gravity, rides better, much more practical in publics view--the nice looking lady setting next to it at a stop light isn't pondering the common thought of {Bone Head Ego & Small Male Anatomy Alert}.

  1245. #1245Pops522026-02-21 14:58

    Yep. The way it came from the factory after they spent millions designing them.

  1246. #1246Welder Dave2026-02-21 16:02

    A slight lift and bigger tires is OK if the truck is actually used off road. Too many are just the result of a big ego or compensating for something else though. I've mentioned it before but I think the most impractical trucks are lifted 4x4 welding trucks. The owner wants to have a bad ass 4x4 but also needs a welding truck so compromises with just one truck. What they end up with isn't much good for either purpose. Too heavy for off roading in addition you don't want all your welding equipment and tools bouncing around. As for a work truck everything is too high. You have to reach up for everything or climb up on the truck. To work off the back like a table is almost at chest height. If you're working on something over 50lbs. it's a struggle just getting it up there. A lower or std. height truck is way more useful.

  1247. #1247Pops522026-02-21 17:02

    And then there is the guy that lowers the front of his class 8 Pete til the bumper nearly drags.............

  1248. #1248Truck Shop2026-02-21 18:39

    You mean like this piece of crap my old employer bought and paid through the ass to have all the low profile crap done. He spent $235,000 on the tractor, then another $80,000 in modifications, paint, graphics, in the end he admitted it was a waste. *

  1249. #1249Truck Shop2026-02-21 18:42

    When parked he lets the air out, bumper is about a inch off the ground. It's a horrible piece of crap to work on. * I never put it in the Kenworth thread because it isn't worthy.

  1250. #1250Mr. Wrench2026-02-21 21:04

    It just needs a set of train horns that will shake the ground!

  1251. #1251Truck Shop2026-02-21 22:02

    The guy who drives it has OCD out the butt. When ever he leaves a area that could have gravel, once on pavement {he has been known to double park} get out with a screw driver to pick the little rocks out of the tread. He runs around loaded with drop up because he doesn't think it looks cool with drop down, {one of these days he's going to get caught. He's a shoe burner, doesn't like hills. Lied about the broken dip stick in his old truck. Nuts. *

  1252. #1252Truck Shop2026-02-21 22:36

    Silly. *

  1253. #1253Truck Shop2026-02-23 12:36

    A early day polluter. *

  1254. #1254Truck Shop2026-02-23 12:41

    Early day polluter. *

  1255. #1255Truck Shop2026-02-23 12:47

    Early day polluter. *

  1256. #1256Mr. Wrench2026-02-23 12:57

    That sounds a little excessive!

  1257. #1257Truck Shop2026-02-23 14:17

    Just a tad bit. High majority on here have never dealt with OTR or OTR drivers. Hauling rock isn't in the realm, why it's called vocational. OTR attracts the 48 state roadies-total different mind set. Alaska haul road is in it's box, can't compare it to the other two. Nothing is what it once was and will never be again. People like to use the term {old school} as being cool, you won't find a driver of today that will drive old school of yesterday, they like the term but want no part of it. *

  1258. #1258Welder Dave2026-02-24 03:20

    Unfortunately there are/were a lot of owners who think it's cool to turn the pump up to roll the coal. Even on pick ups with diesels you don't want to be behind one when the driver decides to show off by punching the throttle.

  1259. #1259Truck Shop2026-02-24 06:37

    Funny--folks liked the power shovel willie photo, just got's to have a photo with tracks in it.

  1260. #1260Truck Shop2026-02-26 15:59
  1261. #1261Truck Shop2026-02-28 19:51

    1968 9500 long hood 8V-71. *

  1262. #1262oarwhat2026-03-01 08:24

    I bet she likes the vibrations.

  1263. #1263bccat2026-03-01 13:16

    Good vibration’s

  1264. #1264Truck Shop2026-03-01 13:38

    Photo shoot--I doubt it was running.

  1265. #1265Truck Shop2026-03-01 13:44

    1938 GMC with D468 Cat engine, installed by Braden Bell. Photo taken at 2nd & Popular facing east, building in back ground is the Armory, still there today. *

  1266. #1266Truck Shop2026-03-01 15:26
  1267. #1267Truck Shop2026-03-02 21:55
  1268. #1268Welder Dave2026-03-03 01:26

    Very detailed miniatures.

  1269. #1269Truck Shop2026-03-03 05:02

    P.I.E. had four, two were Pete COE's with trailers.

  1270. #1270Truck Shop2026-03-07 21:35
  1271. #1271Welder Dave2026-03-07 22:30

    Were Scots made in Canada? A former long time skid steer dealer here named W. R Scott of course had a Scot semi. I don't recall ever seeing another one. They started in 1967 I believe and the daughter took it over after the founder passed away closing a couple years ago. They were 5 minutes from where I live. They had a full machine shop and built their own buckets and snow blades. They did rentals which included large Gardner Denver air compressors which I think they sold at one point. I think they sold Hobart welders as well because they had all the old manuals on them in the showroom. Up on the walls were hundreds of antique and old tools. I liked that they had a wide variety of attachments for rent and wish they were still open.

  1272. #1272HarleyHappy2026-03-08 10:43

    Gardner Denver, now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a while!

  1273. #1273Truck Shop2026-03-08 10:52

    Nova Scotia--in Atlantic Truck manufacturing plant. From 72 to 80.

  1274. #1274mowingman2026-03-08 10:57

    Their home office was in Dallas, Tx. They had a huge office building back in the late 70's-early 80's. All the rock quarries around Dallas had Gardner Denver drill rigs.

  1275. #1275Truck Shop2026-03-08 11:02

    Oh no--now it's headed down a compressor drill rig rabbit hole.

  1276. #1276Truck Shop2026-03-08 11:06
  1277. #1277Welder Dave2026-03-08 19:08

    How well were Scot trucks regarded compared to more common brands?

  1278. #1278Truck Shop2026-03-08 19:10

    I just got off the phone with my old employer. Seems for some reason this sorry excuse for a truck hasn't moved in 7 weeks. Driver has given no indication of when he's returning. So Scotty the company Uber driver will run me to Baker City tomorrow so I can drive this over rated turd home, and possibly up for sale/trade in. *

  1279. #1279Truck Shop2026-03-08 20:13

    Scot only produced around 1600 trucks during that time, so not much info about them.

  1280. #1280Camshawn2026-03-08 20:49

    City of Vancouver BC had several Scott dump trucks in their fleet for quite a few yrs and those trucks went on to private ownership after that. I used to see them often before I retired.

  1281. #1281Truck Shop2026-03-08 21:35

    Diamond REO Rogue. *

  1282. #1282Truck Shop2026-03-09 17:02

    A few more Lampson's. *

  1283. #1283Truck Shop2026-03-09 18:12

    Lampson has some interesting stuff, not just a crane manufacture. If they contract for a major job, they don't like subbing out parts.

  1284. #1284Truck Shop2026-03-09 19:51

    Pierce/Peterbilt extra wide cab, Owl Rigging & Crane Southern California. *

  1285. #1285Welder Dave2026-03-10 02:39

    Isn't Pierce known for fire engines?

  1286. #1286Truck Shop2026-03-10 10:04

    Just the cab modifications. That was built in late 60's early 70's. Note early style doors.

  1287. #1287Truck Shop2026-03-12 19:26

    Some more Lampson, Melroe 880's. *

  1288. #1288mowingman2026-03-12 20:01

    Wow, those are very rare. I don't think they made more than 10 or 12 of those.

  1289. #1289Catsparky12026-03-12 20:07

    I had the fine opportunity to run an 880 for a couple hours . different machine to say the least .

  1290. #1290Truck Shop2026-03-12 20:46

    Man who delivered parts to the shop, started work originally in a butcher shop in Kennewick, this was back in the early 50's. He said--I sold a lot of beef to a guy that started with one dragline, he painted everything blue, and the rest is history. * And you saw it here on atv thread.

  1291. #1291Truck Shop2026-03-12 20:53
  1292. #1292Welder Dave2026-03-12 22:45

    I wonder how old that pic. is? I'd guess late 70's or early 80's. Looks like one of Syncrudes BE2570 draglines in the background. They had two built in 1974 but have been out of commission for decades. One was sold and the other is on display with some other retired machines. I think there's Krupp bucket wheel excavator. I think the Demag is an H241? that was the largest hydraulic in the world at the time. All the largest hydraulic excavators work in the oil sands. Syncrude helped design the RH400. It has extra wide pads so it won't sink in the oil sands. Premay does big moves but Mammoet does the huge moves. They made a special platform to fit a 797 and haul them complete from an assembly yard in Ft. Mac.

  1293. #1293Truck Shop2026-03-13 11:22

    10 is correct--I looked for info, not really much listed on the 880. Built in 1982, 900 horsepower 137 tons.

  1294. #1294mowingman2026-03-13 11:34

    One of the guys who helped design that rig, was a salesman at a big machinery company here in Texas. He has a facebook site, and has posted a lot of info and photos of that big bobcat rig. If I see his site show up again, I will post it here. I think his name is Steve Kole.

  1295. #1295Mr. Wrench2026-03-13 12:00

    Where those just used for heavy off road pulling?

  1296. #1296Truck Shop2026-03-13 12:22

    Correct--two were used on the north slope. There are two 880's on the same site as these Hendricksons below. Which I will travel to and get more photos. *

  1297. #1297Mr. Wrench2026-03-13 18:10

    What kind of things are they pulling with them?

  1298. #1298Truck Shop2026-03-13 18:37

    Nothing these days, just museum pieces.

  1299. #1299Welder Dave2026-03-14 00:11

    Pretty sure I saw a pic. of the 880 Melroe with a blade on the front.

  1300. #1300Truck Shop2026-03-14 08:04

    I think with population the way it is, install some bullet proof glass and use it as a family car. Neighbors--{there goes mike headed to walla walla roastery to get a coffee}.

  1301. #1301mowingman2026-03-14 10:02

    You are correct. It was originally designed as a large, wheeled dozer, to push up coal piles at power plants. The tires would give it higher speed, as compared to a track dozer.

  1302. #1302Mr. Wrench2026-03-14 11:15

    Do they steer like a wheeled skid loader?

  1303. #1303Truck Shop2026-03-14 14:52

    This is a nice power wagon. *

  1304. #1304mowingman2026-03-14 14:56

    I believe someone in Calif. owns/owned that truck.

  1305. #1305Welder Dave2026-03-14 18:23

    I believe they do considering they were made by Melroe. Not sure if they can counter rotate though?

  1306. #1306Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:21

    My Sunday travels to USS Triton Park in Richland Wa, 65 miles away. * According to Mowing Man--Melroe built 10 of these 880's, non steerable axles, 900 hp. *

  1307. #1307Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:24

    The Kenworth is a 850 the best I can tell, I checked the door stickers but door is from a T600 so no readable data tags. *

  1308. #1308Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:27

    These super movers are Hendrickson built, tires are 7' tall. *

  1309. #1309Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:30

    This platform mover is a Goldhofer, I didn't bother to count tires. *

  1310. #1310Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:32

    And it wouldn't be right without at least one crane. *

  1311. #1311Truck Shop2026-03-15 16:34

    And the park where this stuff is located--The conning tower from USS Triton. *

  1312. #1312mowingman2026-03-15 17:51

    Facebook www.facebook.com This might get you to an article about these big machines. If not, do a Google search on "Steve Kole mining photos" There is a link posted with the photo that will get you there, I hope.

  1313. #1313Pops522026-03-16 19:33

    Just read that ol Bob Spooner died. Maybe he’ll be buried with his 61 Pete.

  1314. #1314Truck Shop2026-03-16 19:42

    Yeah--Bob had driven a few--never met him but seen that Pete in Shasta and Biggs Junction years ago.

  1315. #1315Truck Shop2026-03-16 19:45
  1316. #1316Truck Shop2026-03-17 11:43

    The people who pass through this thread, looking/checking like a ghost.

  1317. #1317dayexco2026-03-17 15:41

    first semi tractor i ever drove, was dad's lowboy tractor. 63 international emeryville, 262 cummins, 5 speed with 3 speed rear ends.

  1318. #1318JaredV2026-03-17 18:34

    How did those 3 speeds work out? As I understand it, the middle speed is one in high and the other in low which sounds good in theory but it also sounds like asking for power divider trouble.

  1319. #1319Truck Shop2026-03-17 18:42

    I have seen alot of 2 speed rear drives, never seen a 3 speed, not saying there wasn't but back in those days a 5 speed with 3 speed airshift auxiliary wasn't uncommon, and coupled with a two speed rear axle. Just didn't have the power back then so it was all gears. *

  1320. #1320Truck Shop2026-03-17 19:15
  1321. #1321Truck Shop2026-03-17 19:21

    Facebook www.facebook.com

  1322. #1322mowingman2026-03-17 20:21

    That is what I was trying to find. Glad you came up with it.

  1323. #1323Truck Shop2026-03-17 21:08

    Koel had a long story about it on a FB page I visit, he put that up today.

  1324. #1324Truck Shop2026-03-17 21:28

    These two in this picture from Kole were the last two built and originally bought and used by Arco Energy as movers in arctic. Lampson bought them from Arco and painted blue. Before Arco would buy them they had to be test proven to move these massive modular buildings, if not no deal, obviously they proved feasible. *

  1325. #1325Truck Shop2026-03-17 21:30

    Some cataloged spec's on Hendrickson 360's. *

  1326. #1326dayexco2026-03-17 21:31

    bear in mind, this truck probably only got 2-3k miles on it a year moving stuff locally. had zero problems with it, and i liked it because it had 3 gears in every hole.

  1327. #1327Truck Shop2026-03-17 21:40
  1328. #1328Truck Shop2026-03-17 21:57
  1329. #1329couesaddict2026-03-18 19:33

    Not that old being an ‘89 but I had it pulled in so figured I’d share. 400hp 4mg cat and an 18spd. Pretty rough with the heavy front end, walking beams and hard mounted cab but a good reliable old truck.

  1330. #1330Truck Shop2026-03-20 09:18

    A great example of not knowing what your doing. Some years back one of the companies tractors lost the input gear near La Grande Ore. It went to dealer there and I sent down a 18spd I had rebuilt to replace it. When individual doing the work put the shift bar housing back on after inspection of failed unit, he didn't bother to remove slave/shuttle from case to remove plunger. Just bolted it down breaking plunger and cracking case. *

  1331. #1331Truck Shop2026-03-22 21:25

    Speaking of the good old days, not a one below is newer than 1970. *

  1332. #1332Truck Shop2026-03-24 18:31

    And for some trivia--that photo directly above of the green 55 Pete cab over. The buildings in the back ground belonged to Chet Taylor, Micky Taylors dad. The horse in that photo of the truck is the same horse below. *

  1333. #1333Truck Shop2026-03-25 04:26

    UPS started in Seattle in 1907. *

  1334. #1334Truck Shop2026-03-25 07:56

    This was a typical mob run company. *

  1335. #1335Truck Shop2026-03-29 22:00
  1336. #1336JaredV2026-03-30 01:52

    Getting it done With a 6-71 And low low gears

  1337. #1337Mr. Wrench2026-03-30 06:42

    Track may be a little loose.

  1338. #1338Truck Shop2026-03-30 07:11

    Neither matters, both have long since been scrapped, made into fence posts and bailing wire plus require more work/energy to operate than anyone today want's to expend. But a good reminder.

  1339. #1339Truck Shop2026-03-30 22:24

    There use to be places that had tables/chairs along the way. *

  1340. #1340dayexco2026-03-31 18:43

    love your pics

  1341. #1341dayexco2026-03-31 18:49

    i learned how to drive in a 54 r-160 international with about a 4-5 yard box...inline 6, 4 sp with 2 sp rear axle. i grew up in a town of 150 people. we had a town dump a mile out of town, a mined out gravel pit. we threw our household garbage in the box, neighbors did too....and about once a week, we'd take it out to the dump. i think i was about 9 or 10 when i started. older brothers rode with me first couple of rounds. another thing about that dump. couple of times a year, town hired dad to push garbage back. he had an allis chalmers hd5G....with i "think" a 3-53 detroit. we'd take a couple of .22 pistols out there with us. hit an old refrigerator, freezer...and rats come running out, we'd shoot them. i'm 72, and can remember that like it was yesterday.

  1342. #1342Truck Shop2026-03-31 19:07

    Similar to first I drove--1966 model.

  1343. #1343dayexco2026-03-31 19:52

    friend of my dad's hauled swinging beef from Huron, SD to Fresno and hauled produce back...with a twin to that truck. his had a 290 Cummins. for it's day, was a hot rod. although, he didn't call it a freightliner....he called it a fruitshaker.

  1344. #1344Tenwheeler2026-03-31 20:21

    Sorry no pictures but that caused me to remember a bus trip.. When I was a kid my two brothers and I were put on a bus from Effingham to Paducah. We were the only 3 on the bus. Along the way the driver pulled over at a little ice cream place. Bought an ice cream for each of us and we carried on. My grandchildren live in a different world.

  1345. #1345Pops522026-03-31 21:54

    1st year of the plastic dash?

  1346. #1346Truck Shop2026-03-31 22:10

    IIRC it was aluminum, I think 68 was first year.

  1347. #1347Pops522026-03-31 22:41

    The outfit i worked at had a couple 65/66 flat dash aluminums. Cracked bad. They acquired a newly painted (lipstick on a pig) 67 I think with plastic. 318,4x4, 3axle,36”sleeper. Air compressor mounted on rear of engine. Bracket broke every 3 months along with the brackets that supported the twin stacks from vibration. Noisy sob. Driver put long extensions on levers, red dome light and seat on floor. He might have the first….low rider.

  1348. #1348Truck Shop2026-04-01 10:46

    If things started cracking, normally the doghouse tunnel was the culprit. If that area developed cracks in tunnel the rivets around radiator opening were probably loose too. When buying a used Freightliner COE, checking cab rivets on front was the first item to look at. *

  1349. #1349Truck Shop2026-04-01 19:51

    Been shuttling trucks from here to Pasco plus several long distance tows. Today I had to run one to Pasco yard because it's one of the very few lease trucks and owner want's it sold/quitting, too old. Anyway I dropped it off at Pasco yard and was to drive another back for detailing. Opened the door--pew-ripe inside, went into Penske shop area and found a clean plastic tarp to throw over seat and a pair of nitrile gloves. Got back, went into office and told them I have my limits-driving a pair of soiled fruit-of the looms with a steering wheel costs triple.

  1350. #1350mowingman2026-04-01 20:49

    1987 Pacific p512ps: for sale on Facebook marketplace. Price is $5000.00 Located in Bridgeport Texas. I can not get the link to show up here, but do a search and you can find it. Has Cummins power, and looks pretty straight.

  1351. #1351Truck Shop2026-04-01 21:04

    I ran three searches but came up dry.

  1352. #1352mowingman2026-04-01 21:15

    I used the search: Pacific Truck, and it came right up. Hmmmm???

  1353. #1353Baxsie2026-04-01 21:25

    1987 Pacific p512ps on the FaceBook

  1354. #1354mowingman2026-04-01 21:42

    Thanks for posting this. I am not very "computer literate"

  1355. #1355Truck Shop2026-04-01 21:43

    Mostly there and in not bad of shape for age. Rated at 475 for a NTC should/could possibly make it a twin turbo variable time.

  1356. #1356Truck Shop2026-04-02 20:58

    Weird how time and things happen, sometimes I won't tow for 7-8 weeks then it comes in groups. I've had 1,200 miles worth of tows in the last two weeks plus driving new/used company bobtails for another 700 miles worth. Today the owner calls and asked if I could tow a another companies tractor {which we don't really do because of {not for hire policy}. But I ran and towed it.} Be the cheapest tow they will ever get at $5.75 a running mile with no hookup charge at 200 miles total.

  1357. #1357Truck Shop2026-04-07 14:38

    In the office this morning going over the profitable trucks in the fleet, as of right now a truck needs to be pushing 29 to 30K each month to cover all expenses including labor, fixed, variable and accessorial costs to make enough to keep updating equipment.

  1358. #1358materthegreater2026-04-07 21:43

    That must be why my business isn't growing. Takes me 5 or 6 years to drive my truck that far.

  1359. #1359Truck Shop2026-04-07 22:29

    Trucks/drivers need to crank 2,900 to 3,000 a week to make up for other shorted weeks to come in with a average of 2,750.

  1360. #1360DMiller2026-04-08 06:47

    Can remember when a 2400mile week was good average. Time setting never paid out. Lots of idle time in the 70s 80s.

  1361. #1361Truck Shop2026-04-08 10:07

    Company operates on drop and hook from Washington/Oregon/Idaho. Simply to remove dock wait time, but that means a heavy investment of twice-plus the amount of trailers. Drivers can produce 3,300 in five at 660 a day, the company has many that can achieve it in 5 to 6.

  1362. #1362Baxsie2026-04-08 10:26

    8 hours a day * 5 days a week * 60 MPH is 2400 miles I would be absolutely wrecked after 2 days . . .

  1363. #1363Truck Shop2026-04-08 11:01

    I use to run 3,000 easily running locally with one or two pickups and a drop each night. Got to show a 30 minute break somewhere in that first eight hours each day with a few 15 minute breaks, timeout at end and take the full 36 hour break. Can set in the seat 11.

  1364. #1364Truck Shop2026-04-08 19:44

    Another 200 mile tow today--{A tow a day keeps the rust away}.

  1365. #1365DMiller2026-04-09 15:16

    ODND used to be the killer, offloading product as when Hauled milk in Cases of Cartons, or fuel to small stations, lots of time doing serious work.

  1366. #1366Truck Shop2026-04-09 15:58

    ODND has always been a log book killer with tanked express, along with flat bed and lowboy.

  1367. #1367Truck Shop2026-04-10 22:20

    Armored--Freightliner. *

  1368. #1368Pops522026-04-10 22:38

    Looks like a Ford and GMC engineer/ designer got a freight liner engineer drunk at a convention….

  1369. #1369OzDozer2026-04-11 00:59

    Let me guess. Some boss in Freightliner said, "We're not buying presses and dies and tooling just to press up some fancy curved panels! Flat sheet has worked just fine for decades!"

  1370. #1370Mr. Wrench2026-04-11 07:22

    What is the story behind that truck?

  1371. #1371DMiller2026-04-11 08:26

    That and what Hydraulics did they use to raise that!!!

  1372. #1372Truck Shop2026-04-11 10:20

    Tri-State had those built as a armored cab, TS had a contract years ago to move large quantities of various items such as currency and metals for the mint. And any other items deemed needing armored interstate transport, Tri State also moved explosives. Only two were built #353-#356.

  1373. #1373Truck Shop2026-04-11 10:30

    The Tri-State disaster on I-44 in 1970. A Tri State truck full of explosives was shot at by striking driver and accomplices. *

  1374. #1374DMiller2026-04-11 12:14

    Still remember that.

  1375. #1375Truck Shop2026-04-11 13:33

    The I-44 explosion in Greene County, Missouri over 50 years ago: a tragedy that's still remembered - NewsBreak On September 30, 1970, in the early hours of the morning after midnight, two tractor-trailer rigs were rolling eastbound on I-44 in Greene County. The driv www.newsbreak.com

  1376. #1376Baxsie2026-04-11 13:44

    "The third shot detonated 42,800 pounds of Gelex # 1 dynamite that was in the enclosed van of the trailer. The truck and the driver seemed to have vanished due to the force of the explosion." Ooof. That is harsh.

  1377. #1377Truck Shop2026-04-11 15:07

    That last truck I posted, had a shotgun rider, if you look at the door and side panel those small black squares are gun ports. These trucks operated with a unmarked vehicle in front and back with three occupants packing some major heat.

  1378. #1378DMiller2026-04-12 05:07

    1980, last load I hauled with my own wagon for IML Eagle as Driver/partner was Sick again, one week of Vaca shot to hell and gone. Pulled flat load of processed steel forms to Denver, picked up at Federal Mint warehouse, what an absolute PITA going thru Security. Truck inspected DOT, then US Security and Denver Police. Every Nook Cranny and compartment inspected. Had to reconfigure bunk as they finished and got backed into Dock. Only 12400 inside Box Van picked up in IMLs yard there and NOT told what just given a SEALED envelope of Load Paperwork. Lead Car, Trailing car, NO Talking Goon in Cab and on their channel radio, mine was disconnected. List of locations for MANDATORY stops, no side stops unless a Medical Emergency which included Rest Room if needed. Had regular Meal Break Stops and traveled to FED bank in Seattle. MORE Games as arrived There. Pennies, BAGS of Pennies. Was told only $12,000.00 worth, yet paid close to $1000 in freight to ship.

  1379. #1379Truck Shop2026-04-12 08:21

    For me---a load of experimental sail boat fuel, highly guarded, top secret.

  1380. #1380AMBMike2026-04-12 09:27

    No one believes me but I used to haul dispatcher brains occasionally. So top secret they didn't send any guards or escorts in case the extra security might tip somebody off. Amazing cargo. Weighs virtually nothing and is completely invisible. When you open the doors it looks like you're hauling nothing. I've also hauled motorcycle doors on occasion for a manufacturer that shall remain nameless...

  1381. #1381Truck Shop2026-04-12 10:47

    A funny heist. Late eighties I had a tow on I-82 west bound mp11 Firing Center exit on top of Manashtash ridge in the wide open sage brush. A cat powered pete with a hole in block. I took it to Yakima dealer engine was fresh under warranty. Was pulling a dry van headed to Costco Seattle. Exit 11 has a large paved area, dropped the trailer there, they were to make arraignments to have a trucking company from Yakima pickup the trailer. A call came back the next morning {do you know where our trailer is?} No. Someone stole their trailer full of basketball hoops.

  1382. #1382DMiller2026-04-13 06:35

    This showed on a Different site. A little different take on the Falcon Cabover!! Not 2 Story as the Vomit Comets were, Low Rider this time! https://www.autoevolution.com/news/someone-built-this-1967-ford-econoline-cabover-with-v8-muscle-and-it-looks-like-a-million-bucks-268278.html

  1383. #1383Truck Shop2026-04-13 07:28

    Were a powerhouse with the 170.

  1384. #1384skyking12026-04-13 10:22

    I know that exit out in the middle of nowhere. Lots of gear gets unloaded there and rolls through that gate onto the base proper.

  1385. #1385DMiller2026-04-14 15:06

    Just speaking with Grand Nephew. Said remembered photo of Me with a Jeep and a 8 stack intake on a V8. Old days, co-worker did 1/8th mile 4x4 drags, massive Paddle rear tires hand grooved floater fronts. His had a cut and hard sleeved 427 Lodeck GM bored 0.060 jello Coolant, 8 Stack Hillborn system with belt drive Alcohol Pump. Had to change “Pills” in feed and return lines to a chart based on Spec Grav of fuel and Ambient Temp. Always dinking around on something with that in the 80s. Forgotten as much as once knew of that set up. Solid Lifters all valves set to .014, would ‘Eject’ a pushrod now and then if rev limiter got adjusted to high. Swapped a number of Valve covers.

  1386. #1386Truck Shop2026-04-14 17:09

    Willey City near Yakima was jeep racing spot, coarse and drags. Ellensburg was rife with 4x4's back then, because of the eighteen canyons that skirted the valley, endless places to go.

  1387. #1387Truck Shop2026-04-16 19:08

    Yesterday I had Laser surgery on right eye for very early stage {pressure was at a point needed attention-glaucoma. Before I left it had dropped back to normal range, do the left eye in two weeks. Zero issues after, even went on another tow today. I like broken trucks-s.

  1388. #1388DMiller2026-04-16 19:51

    Amazes me still what can do for eyes.

  1389. #1389Truck Shop2026-04-16 19:57

    It was a quick procedure.

  1390. #1390Truck Shop2026-04-16 21:20

    I posted before but going through folders I found them again, and repost. This purple 362H has a thirty four o eight, I worked on it in early 90's, it had some balls, was owned by the Chrome Brothers in the burg, hay hauler. Then it got sold loaded on a ship and sent to the Netherlands where this custom painter did a recolor plus a 359 he refinished. The mans work is really top notch best work I've ever seen. These old trucks are hard to refinish without wavey panels. Perfect and a perfect paint jobs on imperfect vehicles. *

  1391. #1391Truck Shop2026-04-16 21:21
  1392. #1392Truck Shop2026-04-24 15:49
  1393. #13934x4ford2026-04-24 22:00

    I generally average about 3500 a week Monday through Friday keep the door shut and don’t oversleep

  1394. #1394couesaddict2026-04-25 00:21

    This one’s got a 855 and that awful 7spd. I was LOST the first time I drove it until I finally found the shift pattern on the dash!

  1395. #1395Truck Shop2026-04-25 06:01

    Cummins 855 was not a good mate for a 7 speed, behind a Maxidyne it would work well. All though that is a nice example of a Autocar Constructor.

  1396. #1396DMiller2026-04-25 08:08

    Previous Employer, Hogan Lsing was in Heat over the Spicer 7s. Drivers hated them, trucks were gutless, main use was even worse in F2275 Internationals, extra gate needed a Passenger to shift as was so far to the Right. Adopted Eaton Fullers later as found Clientele preferred, are now almost all Auto Shifts in their fleets.

  1397. #1397Truck Shop2026-04-25 14:53
  1398. #1398Deere500a2026-04-25 15:20

    Looks like a Dodge cab got a nose job FWD Michigan special.

  1399. #1399Truck Shop2026-04-25 20:36

    Dodge truck cabs of the late 50 thru mid 70's was aka the Pilothouse cab. But one little known fact about the 1973 to 1975 Dodge Bighorn which 261 were built/sold. The pre- runner to the Bighorn was---the FWD A-7 built in 1971 very few built/sold, very few images of it. But FWD created the A-7 which is believed to be the inspiration for the Bighorn in 1973. *

  1400. #1400Deere500a2026-04-25 21:07

    Fwd was AMC - All Manufacturer Crap seen Fwd with Ford c800 cabs & Dodge cabs & Oshkosh plows in Tahoe,Ca I80 area but 70s fwd trying road tractor not right time better competition was disappearing

  1401. #1401Truck Shop2026-04-25 21:53

    Well have to disagree, FWD started in 1909 and made it to 2003 before it was sold with it's main asset Seagrave to a investment group. FWD built all the odd utility trucks for municipal service that others didn't want to bother with. Therefore it only made sense to use other manufactures sheet metal. When looking back at all the companies vying for a place in the market that was narrowing because of companies like PacCar, Freightliner with the most money and largest pieces of the pie. It's understandable the rest died under the pressure to compete. Autocar the oldest vehicle manufacture has been tossed around so many times, it's a wonder they're still alive. And most of that was caused by White who owned Autocar, Diamond T & Diamond REO. Out of the settling dust of White came Western Star in 1967, almost 60 years ago. Freightliner kept that segment combined with Daimler, Western Star has managed to stay alive giving Freightliner 41% of the market and PacCar roughly 31%. Had FWD been bought by forceful company it might have done much better, could have, would have, should have then maybe not.

  1402. #1402Deere500a2026-04-25 21:57

    White Freightliner. I just passed a jimmy & white not with a 3208 unless there dead on the shoulder

  1403. #1403Deere500a2026-04-25 22:01

    Lucky for me GM/white/Volvo grill was a garbage truck

  1404. #1404Truck Shop2026-04-25 22:08

    These days, well the past 15 years Freightliner has ruled the roost, and will continue too because they have the best warranty program. PacCar's warranty program is second rate. A company has to operate using the warranty safety net.

  1405. #1405Deere500a2026-04-25 23:26

    Good ol' Corn flakes FLD 120 line was last good Shakers,90s end of 379 toggle switches to 2000s plastic rocker switches start of 389 plastic crap. Times gone past only yesterday you were in your 352 going over the hill

  1406. #1406Deere500a2026-04-26 19:08
  1407. #1407Deere500a2026-04-26 19:11

    Gmc Corsair powered coe 1.25 ton gp cargo truck

  1408. #1408Truck Shop2026-04-28 21:47

    Duplex early 50's, heavily modified, rare only made a few. *

  1409. #1409Deere500a2026-04-28 22:22

    Duplex chassis for cranes & excavators also made firetruck chassis. Company was sold in 97

  1410. #1410Truck Shop2026-04-29 08:20

    Duplex basically was another FWD.

  1411. #1411Deere500a2026-04-29 09:38

    My dad's Hopto truck referred to as Duplex but others say it Badger own & on cab door data plate said Badger & grease points no model.Mechanics hate it has 40k rear end is odd top drop "Gi surplus" & hoe new drives were locked no power divide switch her weight made it sound like it was blow housing apart had to split the upper off to work to correct it open axles

  1412. #1412Tenwheeler2026-04-29 21:28

    That is cool. I find it amazing all the things you find. This is a little out of place but rare . Only a few made before the 2nd great war. I am trying!

  1413. #1413Tenwheeler2026-04-29 21:33

    Plymouth Truck

  1414. #1414Truck Shop2026-04-29 21:36

    Owner of the first shop I worked in had one of those, only green.

  1415. #1415Truck Shop2026-04-29 21:57

    One in the same, right after manufacture, V-16 powered. Hendrickson. *

  1416. #1416Mr. Wrench2026-04-29 22:05

    16V71 for power?

  1417. #1417Tenwheeler2026-04-29 22:06

    I am not advertising for the folks but a friend of my gave that to me. The Plymouth is in a frame. He said: " You can tell people you actually saw one of those. " Did his have black fenders?

  1418. #1418Truck Shop2026-04-29 22:20

    IIRC it did, he rarely drove it.

  1419. #1419Truck Shop2026-04-29 22:21

    Yes.

  1420. #1420JaredV2026-04-29 23:45

    Waaaait just a minute... he's going south on the northbound side hanging a U-turn in the cop turnaround to go north on the southbound side.

  1421. #1421Truck Shop2026-04-30 06:17

    Waaaait just a minute...It has been noted several thousand times by the AI cops already, only problem is...it's a original photo that when developed way back when... the negative was flipped according to investigative photo cops.

  1422. #1422JaredV2026-04-30 10:24

    It looks original to me. With a load like that I'm sure you have to do some funky stuff to get where you need to go. Just having fun with it.

  1423. #1423Truck Shop2026-04-30 22:02

    Autocar DC 9966, not many produced. *

  1424. #1424Truck Shop2026-05-01 06:51

    My bad--V1710 powered.

  1425. #1425Truck Shop2026-05-01 06:52

    Air conditioned. *

  1426. #1426Truck Shop2026-05-01 22:35

    A truck for Pony's sand problem.

  1427. #1427Truck Shop2026-05-01 22:40

    A rare Freightliner experimental, one of two built in 1960, with a total of 16 built to 1964. I knew the owner, my photos. I like posting this on FB pages now and then, many fly off the handle claiming it's AI and Freightliner never built anything before 1973 for a conventional. *

  1428. #1428Truck Shop2026-05-03 17:52
  1429. #1429Truck Shop2026-05-05 22:15
  1430. #1430Truck Shop2026-05-08 21:25
  1431. #1431Deere500a2026-05-08 22:12

    Gm diesel's are KFC bucket of hearing lost original v's or inline number of cylinders regular recipe 53 or 71 or spicy 92 would like to add turbo or 2

  1432. #1432Truck Shop2026-05-08 22:37

    1958 Mack B21, only nine were built, this one has a 1091 Hall Scott that runs perfect. Ex Seattle Fire Dept. *

  1433. #1433Deere500a2026-05-09 18:17

    Chevy c90 - 318 V8 Gm coming auction soon little long for groceries but ..

  1434. #1434Truck Shop2026-05-09 19:02

    Will go for 25K plus.

  1435. #1435Truck Shop2026-05-09 22:17
  1436. #1436DMiller2026-05-10 08:07

    That Frt Lnr Prototype would be an Awesome Built Special Show Chassis. Hood on the B21 appeared almost as long as TS Special Build Bulldog. Did not realize were Lay Down Neck Loboys built that early.

  1437. #1437Truck Shop2026-05-10 08:13

    It's in your area of the country now, Mike Gully bought it, setting in Illinois these days.

  1438. #1438Deere500a2026-05-10 13:55

    WFT design has a White look to it make sense copy what all ready have

  1439. #1439Deere500a2026-05-10 13:55
  1440. #1440DMiller2026-05-10 14:42

    Different cabs, WS design, likely Frt Lnr Aluminum and the old White still Steel Kalowna Cab

  1441. #1441Truck Shop2026-05-10 14:53

    Not even close--prototypes had it's own cab design, the only thing that resembles is grille. All fiberglass components were contract built by a boat/marine company in Portland Ore. The interior was nondescript. White actually had zero to do with it's design/construction, all Freightliner. It did have a concept that was way ahead of the rest {front frame horn mounted steering gear}. This one had a Mercury sleeper which {Ron} installed, plus it was the second one built in 1960, only two built that first year. In early/mid 90's Freightliner had been in talks with Ron about buying it and restoring for headquarter display, but that fell through when Freightliner changed CEO's. I had spent about 10 hours talking to Ron Ely about this truck and how he ended up with it--were never meant to be sold by corporate. Most info online is bogus about number built through 1964. *

  1442. #1442Truck Shop2026-05-10 15:56

    Peerless Roadrunner, only one built, still owned by original who ordered it. Engine/transmission mounted backwards. Clackamas Wa. *

  1443. #1443DMiller2026-05-10 19:19

    And Still a Gemmer Manual Box, DAMN! Peerless appears a Brute to work.

  1444. #1444DMiller2026-05-10 19:20

    Just Noted Similar Clutch Pedal to the COEs, and that Sort rise Bostrum Back Breaker, OWIEEE!

  1445. #1445Truck Shop2026-05-10 20:33

    That's because it has center point.

  1446. #1446DMiller2026-05-11 05:51

    Could not tell for the weeds!!

  1447. #1447Truck Shop2026-05-12 18:09

    LRSW.MACK

  1448. #1448DMiller2026-05-12 18:11

    Quarry wagon

  1449. #1449mowingman2026-05-12 19:48

    Maybe the predecessor to the M series of offroad trucks ?

  1450. #1450Truck Shop2026-05-12 19:59

    It was used in many combinations. *

  1451. #1451Truck Shop2026-05-12 20:47

    And these narrow grille long hood early Stars---not many left around. *

  1452. #1452DMiller2026-05-12 21:07

    In their day the roomiest cabs, Kelowna. Sad day as that line ended.

  1453. #1453Truck Shop2026-05-12 21:29

    1000 bucks, pretty rough 1974 critter, but that factory Star sleeper is worth that. *

  1454. #1454Truck Shop2026-05-12 22:42

    This one is slightly more money but it has a B model cat 10spd and the box was just lined. 1985, last of the good looking cars. *

  1455. #1455DMiller2026-05-13 10:46

    Old Star seen MUCH better Days! Cannot get into another project but curious, Power train? Suspension? Much rust on that old Iron Cab?

  1456. #1456Truck Shop2026-05-13 10:56

    It's on the west side--not many photos. Cummins, 12513, sqhd's would be the normal. It's minus the radiator, parts for those are minimal at best. * The 1985 Autocar is $27,000, but condition is good from info. Externally the box isn't beat to crap like most and I think it's lived most it's life in high desert of Oregon. The thing to do is remove the dump box, add air ride suspension, buy that Star for the sleeper and install on the Autocar because it would be a natural fit.

  1457. #1457Camshawn2026-05-13 22:05

    We have a visitor for a few days……

  1458. #1458mowingman2026-05-13 22:51

    Nice Autocar.

  1459. #1459Truck Shop2026-05-14 21:03

    1961 model RD 405. NH-6 Cummins 220. *

  1460. #1460Truck Shop2026-05-16 17:00

    For sale at a reasonable amount, 1962--it's a DC-102A64 250 Cummins with boxes. Not common with quad headlights. *

  1461. #1461Truck Shop2026-05-16 21:11

    And a photo sent me of it in 2016. *

  1462. #1462Truck Shop2026-05-22 21:50
  1463. #1463Truck Shop2026-05-23 14:36

    Schwab tire guys in the yard, give me a call 40 minutes ago, so a quick run. A set of disc so roasted it ground outboard pad backing plates to nothing, and kicked those out. Both drives and steer junk, but on the positive side--I'll insert common phrase------ "it's all good". At least no one ended up in the hospital and I have a tow for Tuesday morning. Rough estimate $ 8,000 to put back in order.

  1464. #1464bccat2026-05-23 23:32

    That lowbed looks similar to a Willock, had a trucker friend that had one tough trailer

  1465. #1465Truck Shop2026-05-24 22:02
  1466. #1466Truck Shop2026-05-24 22:29

    Both were for sale on FBMP, I posted on a FB truck page both of them, both sold. 1961 white/red International post #1460 1062 Autocar yellow post #1461.

  1467. #1467Truck Shop2026-05-24 22:34

    Then there is this 1983 K100 with a 400 Cat jakes 15 spd 3.91's with nice interior 10K. Very straight. *

  1468. #1468skyking12026-05-24 22:40

    One of the few I have driven.

  1469. #1469Truck Shop2026-05-24 22:44

    Actually a pretty good truck, that one has good specs. I ran one with same specs on west coast about same age as that one. It was real good overall. Dark dark blue, almost black, with one stack.

  1470. #1470skyking12026-05-24 23:01

    The one I ran was the high top with the BC 350. I was younger then and the climb was not bad.

  1471. #1471DMiller2026-05-25 06:25

    The Climb these days is the killer

  1472. #1472Truck Shop2026-05-25 07:39

    Oh it's a matter of mind set in some ways, and a matter of gravity pulling on the boomer pot bellies rounded out by two/three biscuit plates of biscuits/gravy and two over medium. And for some the climb will send the cardiovascular system into 190 over 100 combined with thinner air at that altitude. But I think there is a holder to attach to doghouse to contain the oxygen bottle on the market now.

  1473. #1473Deere500a2026-05-25 11:41

    Peterbilt medical stand standard equipment keep on keep on.

  1474. #1474DMiller2026-05-25 15:52

    My issue is Knees and Shoulders, FAR too many days wrenching In the Rain, In the Mud, In the Cold or Hot then off to Nuke world and 104F on Turbine Deck with snow flying 0F outside in February, or Containment Entry at power to test the Under Vessel Tunnel Sump Pump, 107F that day in March on the Ground Floor and we at the 40 foot floor level. Steel Stairs, Concrete Floors or Grating, Hot, and Cramped, always kneeling for some component to adjust, inspect or test. Then the Steel Bar Stock rung Ladders, straight Vertical bolted to structures, and swing gates at step offs. Near to as bad or worse than a K100 similar to one I owned. Beat beyond recognition. Last Doc Visit, BP 128/80, NO Meds, just a hard Life!!!

  1475. #1475Truck Shop2026-05-25 16:30

    Most or a high percentage who worked any trade jobs for a living--had a rigorous life at some point. And the older we get the hill we climbed walking backwards in -60 snow storms on our way to school seems to get longer, colder & steeper as time goes by. And never remember snaring their nuts on the lawn sprinkler they forgot to move out of the way after removing garden hose to hook to the 60's boomer toy Wham-O-Slip-n-Slide.

  1476. #1476Truck Shop2026-05-25 17:27

    150 drive out piggybacks from San Leandro plant late 70's, headed to midwest. *

  1477. #1477Truck Shop2026-05-25 17:31

    Typical these days, start and never finish, 1973 358 with a 78 359 cab. Spent a bunch of time on interior which is usually the opposite. 350 5x4.---everything is listed as a project. *

  1478. #1478DMiller2026-05-25 19:25

    A Cab corn queens by bumpers

  1479. #1479Truck Shop2026-05-25 20:15

    There were a mess of those sold, for what they were, did a pretty good job.

  1480. #1480Truck Shop2026-05-25 20:17

    Emery cab.

  1481. #1481Truck Shop2026-05-25 20:19

    Only saw one of these, at Corning fuel stop.

  1482. #1482Mr. Wrench2026-05-25 21:52

    That thing would have a Detroit right? Maybe a 12V71.

  1483. #1483Truck Shop2026-05-25 21:55

    In those days only the 4090 had a 12V71, that's a 4070 and Cummins 855 or A/B model cat. If it did have a Detroit it would have been a 8V92.

  1484. #1484Deere500a2026-05-25 22:01

    1985 demo single white arch was saved it was Cat hq building at 800 Davis St San Leandro,it was a major complex Caterpillar shared space with IH & Peterbilt. Peterbilt moved to Fremont than Tx. IH Emeryville CA truck plant is now Pixar cartoons. Car dealership,Home Depot & apartments replaced it all

  1485. #1485Mr. Wrench2026-05-25 22:02

    I think they made a few COE Transtar Eagle's that had a 12v71. I read you could tell by the twin stacks if the truck was stock. You may have already covered this earlier.

  1486. #1486Truck Shop2026-05-25 22:47

    Here is one of only a few 4090's, My photo, 12v71 12513 spd with beam biscuit SSHD's. *

  1487. #1487oarwhat2026-05-26 08:08

    My favorite saying is " The older I get the better I was"

  1488. #1488Truck Shop2026-05-26 10:27

    Heavy on the "was".

  1489. #1489Truck Shop2026-05-26 10:30

    The pig in the python theory is pretty much spot on---and as time goes by the python is getting slimer, it's had a hard time pushing those bellies full of a extra sausage patty with B&G through.

  1490. #1490Deere500a2026-05-26 20:34

    Stoved up? A cracker will make you feel great

  1491. #1491Truck Shop2026-05-26 21:45

    If it wasn't for P.I.E. jimmy would have suffered greatly. Those years of GMC, Ford & Dodge were---well troubling.

  1492. #1492Deere500a2026-05-26 21:51

    P.I.E YouTube has videos. West Coast 270 Cummins or gm 318 & Cali 9spd. GM was involved in everything needing a diesel

  1493. #1493Truck Shop2026-05-26 21:57

    Yeah--I've seen all those videos, reason detroit sold so many was it was cheap. A detroit powered unit was thousands less to buy. But I like to remember who made the biggest improvement to trucks, Classy Cummins with the engine brake built by his friend at Jacobs Chuck.

  1494. #1494Deere500a2026-05-26 22:05

    Transmission hydraulic retarder cheaper wins

  1495. #1495Truck Shop2026-05-26 22:22

    Added to much weight, only OO's bought those, fleets never bothered, and were expensive option.

  1496. #1496Truck Shop2026-05-26 22:22
  1497. #1497Deere500a2026-05-27 12:28

    Well should have bid no clue what I'd do with her but with a pick up cab put a slide in camper on her & fog the camp grounds

  1498. #1498Deere500a2026-05-27 13:38

    Similar idea for Chevy c90 but less class

  1499. #1499Truck Shop2026-05-27 18:32

    Those Live-Labs were a total flop.

  1500. #1500Truck Shop2026-05-27 21:25

    Long day to day, left at 5:45 am towed one with bad radiator to La Grande. Returned to yard only to leave with another on the hook with starter lock out mode issue. 2 hooks & unhooks plus the second one I had to pull out from loaded trailer, which I had to air up first. Got 300 in today, that's a good day in the towing biz.

  1501. #1501Pops522026-05-27 21:38

    I thot you retired?

  1502. #1502Truck Shop2026-05-27 22:21

    I did--I thought, I might not do anything for the next two weeks, It's just the way this stuff goes. I'm waiting on estimates for a 12'x16' deck off the patio, set in back yard.

  1503. #1503Truck Shop2026-05-28 21:42

    Short two weeks--I have to go to La Grande tomorrow morning.

  1504. #1504Welder Dave2026-05-28 23:46

    How did they attach and detach the trucks like that? Must have needed a crane to lift them. Did they cage the brakes or run air to the towed trucks? Was it hard on the differentials or transmission? I've seen trucks towed like that a few times but it was many years ago.

  1505. #1505mowingman2026-05-29 06:50

    They haul trucks like that every day from the Peterbilt plant here. I know they pull the axles on the towed trucks and cover the hub area with what looks like a piece of plywood bolted on. I am not sure how they have the brakes rigged.

  1506. #1506Truck Shop2026-05-29 07:40

    Factories have a decking "A" frame for lifting, dealers use a towing service or crane service. Run air to trucks. As mowingman said, remove axles and cover with plywood. Although you sometimes see some with wet wheels from leaking. Which just this last March I was coming back from Hood River with one of ours on the tow unit and needed to stop at Boardman rest area. There was a decked load of new Stars I pulled up next to, the driver was on phone talking to someone about the leaker. Gear oil soaked the wheel and back of frame, cover was really distorted from over tightening. I keep two sets "8" covers for drive axles made of UHMW with thick O-rings built into them for covering hubs after axle is removed. I backed up some hooked up a porker tail airline with air gun and changed it for him, giving him the cover, not expensive. He was a happy guy.

  1507. #1507Welder Dave2026-05-29 13:38

    Good for you for helping the driver out!

  1508. #1508Truck Shop2026-05-29 22:13
  1509. #1509Truck Shop2026-05-29 22:16

    With spring beam it had to be a a-- beater.

  1510. #1510Deere500a2026-05-30 13:20

    Chevy Titan slide the 5th wheel over the taillights & she'll float like a dream

  1511. #1511Deere500a2026-05-30 13:32
  1512. #1512Truck Shop2026-05-30 14:03

    No--that would make the steer axle into a fly swatter, and driver the fly.

  1513. #1513Truck Shop2026-06-02 22:19

    Off to Napa Id tomorrow morn, bring one home, going on the chopping block.

  1514. #1514Coaldust2026-06-03 13:30

    This one in Tobuk Alley is missing a few parts.

  1515. #1515Coaldust2026-06-03 13:40

    This one is probably left over from the Alaska Hwy project and found its way to Western AK. Best picture I could get. It’s in the middle of a pile of treasure.

  1516. #1516Deere500a2026-06-03 16:57

    Sweet Dodge WC. Towing be afraid of blue diesel out there.

  1517. #1517Truck Shop2026-06-03 19:49

    Years ago like 35, oil distributor here had a driver take a load of furnace oil to Bluewood Ski resort. Apparently he couldn't smell very well amongst other things, he off loaded into holding tank for septic system. They dug, then they dug some more, and after that-they kept digging.

  1518. #1518Truck Shop2026-06-03 19:59

    478 round trip, 8.6 hours with five minutes paper work.

  1519. #1519Pops522026-06-03 20:21

    Almost 56 mph average. Did you even stop to pee??

  1520. #1520Truck Shop2026-06-03 20:43

    At Ladd Canyon Rest Area, kept it at 68/69 on 84, last leg from Mission to Wally only 58/59. I just set in the seat, keep an eye on mirrors so I can move over on a timed vehicle passing me so I don't get stuck behind slower traffic. For got to add--young fellow walking through yard there said {Hey old timer can I give you a hand} probably the fastest hookup I've done

  1521. #1521Pops522026-06-03 21:10

    Ol timer! Did you slip your thumbs under yer suspenders, stretch them out an inch and say; “who you callin ol timer”?

  1522. #1522Truck Shop2026-06-03 21:49

    Ah he was just kidding, he runs a tow unit from yard next door he said. A happy go lucky young fart.

  1523. #1523Truck Shop2026-06-04 07:21

    Plus I don't wear spenders, those are for pot bellied young and old farts.

  1524. #1524Truck Shop2026-06-04 18:10

    Asked to drive grain harvest again this year, 3 weeks good money and something to do.

  1525. #1525Pops522026-06-04 18:46

    I went to renew my cl A yesterday and Ca will NOT renew without the med report. So I go for physical next week. I ain’t gonna die without my cl A!!

  1526. #1526Truck Shop2026-06-04 19:42

    Mine is on file with company who also keeps it on file with state, I just had my physical 6 weeks ago. * Less old guys to hire for harvest these days many have given up their license or couldn't pass physical. Harvest driver pool around here is getting tight.

  1527. #1527Truck Shop2026-06-04 21:16
  1528. #1528Truck Shop2026-06-04 22:56

    1964 Diamond T model 921, $3,500. *

  1529. #1529skyking12026-06-05 00:03

    I know you enjoy the gig. I like those pictures of the rolling terrain.

  1530. #1530Truck Shop2026-06-05 07:45

    Yeah we draw quite a crowd, Dwight on lead, Brian on rhythm, Brandon is keyboards, Derrek on drums, Dave on base, I'm just a roadie moving equipment.

  1531. #1531Truck Shop2026-06-05 07:47

    That restored 1923 AC Mack cable tool driller is for sale, $80,000.

  1532. #1532Truck Shop2026-06-06 08:02

    Off to Post Falls this morn, take one up and one back.

  1533. #1533Truck Shop2026-06-06 19:22

    395-I-90 up, 195,127,12 on the way back, way too windy heading south on I-90. Did have to stop and crap in Pasco though on the way north.

  1534. #1534Pops522026-06-06 19:33

    What? No pics?

  1535. #1535Deere500a2026-06-06 19:56

    We need a pic too see if the log is healthy to drive

  1536. #1536Truck Shop2026-06-06 20:39

    Nope didn't have time. But I have to finish taking it to Pasco in the morning. The thing about this trip is it's 25 miles shorter on return route but much slower because it's mostly two lane with alot of 55 to 60 zones, which was the reason for going that way because of less speed into wind pulling backwards with the fairing on top. Zero or low breeze I can run 63 to 64. The trip earlier this week the wind was at my back the whole time, which can run 68 constant. Which in it's self is not common, a wind from south east.

  1537. #1537Truck Shop2026-06-08 10:38

    114K views · 2.2K reactions | Old school logging video circa 1920’s | Forestmachinemagazine Old school logging video circa 1920’s www.facebook.com

  1538. #1538oarwhat2026-06-09 07:59

    That was hard work!

  1539. #1539Pops522026-06-10 20:07

    Well, I passed my DOT physical and renewed my Class A today. Who needs a worn out lowbed driver??

  1540. #1540Coaldust2026-06-10 20:16

    Pops52, We need you in Nome pulling side dumps this summer. $80 hr, three hots and a cot. Do it for the glory.

  1541. #1541Pops522026-06-10 20:30

    If I was single I’d head up!

  1542. #1542Truck Shop2026-06-10 22:23

    ?

  1543. #1543Truck Shop2026-06-10 22:25

    1969 351A, 8V71--5x4, $8,000. Lebanon Ore. Good tires. *

  1544. #1544Truck Shop2026-06-11 19:45

    Think that above was originally a logger, because of where it's located and the horn on side of cab. Either way it's a nice one, should be left much the way it is. If mine, I would put headache rack/bunks stack a trailer on it and leave as is. *

  1545. #1545Truck Shop2026-06-19 14:49
  1546. #1546Truck Shop2026-06-20 19:53

    Ah--this one stirred some flames on social media. I'd seen this old tomato setting in Pomeroy Wa for several years. Mister 800 model meets the shear of death. *

  1547. #1547Truck Shop2026-06-20 22:00

    The trouble with all that get wound up over old stuff getting recycled, {if it was up for sale posted on CL or FB-MP then why didn't they buy it}. * A vette owner I know--{wow a 1964 tanker corvette was just lost in a tornado}-two years ago. {What a shame that's just disgusting he said}. Well there Don look at it this way, yours just increased in value, you should be happy, it's part of the capitalistic view. Their loss was your gain, your car is even rarer now, thank the tornado gods for a little added value, lets see your best happy tornado dance. * If every piece of iron was saved, the country side would be a eyesore.

  1548. #1548Truck Shop2026-06-21 19:21

    Too funny--I'm having concrete poured for a extension of patio, adding a section 12' x 18'. And the old employer brought by a nice tiled rectangle table with patio chairs he had {free} can't turn that down. Anyway while he was here I showed him the ad for the 351A Pete, {I'll buy it, get ahold of the guy and see if it's still available, you can tow it back can't you?} ----------------------- What the heck, I guess so Chris. So if it isn't sold yet ????? *

  1549. #1549Truck Shop2026-06-22 01:29

    Another thread caused me to remember the wonderful days. Putting a coffee can with about 1/2 inch of bleach in it just inside the back doors on a refer load of strawberries.

  1550. #1550Pops522026-06-22 10:00

    I’ve never hauled a load of berries so I have to ask…..

  1551. #1551Truck Shop2026-06-22 10:31

    Strawberries. When loading those, never want to see all red in the flats plus better pulp test on the cool 40/45* side. Berries all should be lighter red when loading, a straight load of berries enclosed in a refer give off a gas {ethylene} and no air circulation with berries trapped in layers of flats can cause to ripen faster, which can lead to hair {mold}. Bleach limits ethylene, the can is removed a hundred miles out and vents opened. Dock managers check all produce loads at major terminals, a load can get rejected if any mold is found. Now days most are packaged in clear plastic containers, so the old trick doesn't work. And this was back when load seals weren't tracked like now.

  1552. #1552Truck Shop2026-06-22 20:08

    About 98% sure I will be going to Lebanon Ore next week to tow that 69 Pete back to Walla Walla. Might have found a Military in crate surplus 8V92 with jakes, for a very reasonable price. Final price was $6.500 for Pete, so I will have another pile to resurrect, although this one is pretty straight and hasn't been ruined.

  1553. #1553JaredV2026-06-22 20:40

    Looking forward to the thread!

  1554. #1554Truck Shop2026-06-22 20:48
  1555. #1555Truck Shop2026-06-22 20:49

    The fun thing is it has a 2 stroke,

  1556. #1556Mr. Wrench2026-06-22 21:28

    Put it on the floor the whole way. Don't forget the ear plugs. You might have a little sanity left when you get home.

  1557. #1557Welder Dave2026-06-22 22:15

    Sounds like the 8V-92 is a bare engine and not in the Pete?

  1558. #1558Truck Shop2026-06-22 22:23

    Nah, it's coming home on the company tow unit. Only issue is main box has problems--he said that up front, but that's ok because I have a ten speed--10 x 4.

  1559. #1559Truck Shop2026-06-22 22:26

    No the pete has a 8V71, the 8V92 is very complete including a starter, alternator and air compressor. Was only test fired. The Sangmo only reads some 338,000 miles.

  1560. #1560Truck Shop2026-06-27 09:14
  1561. #1561Deere500a2026-06-27 09:24

    Ford 6.9 has the tractor help push em over the hills.

  1562. #1562Deere500a2026-06-28 17:39
  1563. #1563Deere500a2026-06-28 17:40

    Video above.

  1564. #1564Truck Shop2026-07-03 21:16

    285 miles on Thursday and 458 today towing, ran to Wilder Idaho today.

  1565. #1565Deere500a2026-07-11 10:46
  1566. #1566Truck Shop2026-07-15 20:36

    The CDL school/class brake safety inspection went well today. Was able to cover several topics. Drum & Air Disc brakes, Engine brake operation, Automated Manual transmissions. But not surprisingly the instructors were pretty limited in knowledge of any that was covered. Which the pre-trip inspection is the most commonly failed item when final testing day arrives.

  1567. #1567Truck Shop2026-07-15 21:24

    I find it odd that people don't understand that 65% of engine braking with a jake is contributed to what was the power stroke converted to a piston pulling against closed valves creating a vacuum on that downward stroke. But they can yap all day about trivial driving techniques and engine deletes. Basics.

  1568. #1568Deere500a2026-07-15 22:32

    Important vi check list but over looked is looking the trailer over,the cross ribs under van/flatbed, tandem slide,lines, open door see empty & roof for holes on a van.

  1569. #1569Truck Shop2026-07-15 22:40

    If it has a sealed load--there's no inside inspection and some are parked empty with seal in certain yards. Looking for cracks in frame is standard, but that takes time and no one has time because the dispatcher has them on a wire. But the idea of looking for cracks-- in frames---the biggest offender is lowboy's--those are the reason DOT inspection stations should have a pit--That's a good idea, each state should install inspection pits for lowboys at major scales.

  1570. #1570Pops522026-07-15 23:01

    Most know any farther than the switch.

  1571. #1571Truck Shop2026-07-16 03:50

    True, my issue is just how little the instructors understand. Right along with where the industry is headed, to say I wasn't impressed would be a understatement.

  1572. #1572Deere500a2026-07-16 10:45

    Empty trailer no BOL fake seal break it check before leaving property ie trash or damage inside. See bellys of trailers damage from post or age/forklift over load trailer floor.

  1573. #1573Deere500a2026-07-16 11:02
  1574. #1574Truck Shop2026-07-16 22:59

    That crap can be found anywhere, I can see you don't really have any experience in otr. When people comment about everything from hairdryers to backhoes to cranes to camping gear, not realistic. That's a Vanguard off shore built pos.

  1575. #1575skyking12026-07-17 10:41

    A lowboy coming unzipped with a big concentrated load is a nightmare wreck. That would be a good thing to look out for.

  1576. #1576Deere500a2026-07-17 13:18

    Well darn TS you got me I must be fake.

  1577. #1577Truck Shop2026-07-17 22:35

    Certain transports DOT doesn't look at--one especially, apiary transports always get a green.

  1578. #1578skyking12026-07-17 23:14

    I would think a big rendering end dump, complete with the cloud of flies would get a quick nod. That one I saw with a broken frame is an example of that.

  1579. #1579Truck Shop2026-07-18 08:10

    Anything that stings or has a puke factor will or can get a free ride.

  1580. #1580John C.2026-07-19 20:34

    This showed up in my neighborhood yesterday.

  1581. #1581Truck Shop2026-07-24 23:37

    This years grain harvest at least in SE Washington is racking up to be a record. The farmer I've driven for the past four years has a crop he has never seen and fourth generation farmer in the Starbuck area. This morning on my return from elevator he told me {no joke either}, the piece we're cutting is running 135 to 140 bushel--dryland. I was first truck to elevator this morning {actually every morning} and talking to Lyons Ferry grain terminal manger he stated { we are only 13 days into this harvest and already past capacity. I've work here 22 years and have never seen or heard of a crop like this from years past. They shipped two barge loads and waiting for more barges. * Every trip I've made is bumping the out of field farm load of allowed 10% over GVW. I hover at 87,500 every load on five axles. And returning to field I have to hustle moving coolers to a different transport, fire it and go. Barely keeping up with bines and bankout wagons, running four trucks with two drivers, with a round trip of 44 miles @ 7 to 8 loads a day equaling a million pounds delivered to terminal each day. 11 to 12 hour days. But this yield is really needed, it will help many keep their heads above water because of high overhead that's really hitting hard, the fuel cost alone is tough along with fertilizer. * I will try to get a photo of fields tomorrow.

  1582. #1582JaredV2026-07-25 00:18

    That. Is. Awesome.

  1583. #1583Truck Shop2026-07-25 22:33

    This field is just like the last, Dwight confirmed this morning the previous field ran a full 140 bushel, something he has never seen in his life time. This ground was his dads, so he knows the history. *

  1584. #1584Truck Shop2026-07-25 22:43

    Travel speed on the bines is slowed with a this much going through the headers. Bunker alarm goes off quickly, then bankout wagons are full in no time. Running as hard as we can go with transports, problem is trucks are backing up at the elevators because so many are running, two lanes eight to ten deep both lanes, then throw in amateur drivers unloading at terminal and it starts to drag. But he's happy, he has a good harvest crew.

  1585. #1585John C.2026-07-25 23:06

    Big yields are great. Are all the other producers seeing the same yield. What does the market look like for selling it all?

  1586. #1586Truck Shop2026-07-26 08:39

    All are seeing large crops, but grain can vary from east/west side of a hill, due strictly to weather. This is all winter wheat, spring wheat will be a little better than average. Priced has ticked up a little, it's all run through Northwest Grain Growers commodity broker. Price really depends on protein levels and a few other factors.

  1587. #1587bccat2026-07-26 12:34

    I just read where a 19 yr old rolled a combine near Pullman, air lifted him out, very sad indeed

  1588. #1588Truck Shop2026-07-26 14:47

    This steep ground, it's common unfortunately, same with bankout wagons. Some of the fields we harvested are so steep, could only fill bankouts half full, about 500 bushel or less. But his Challengers {75C & 95E} he outfitted with jakes.

  1589. #1589Welder Dave2026-07-26 20:01

    The county my old property is in declared a state of emergency because of record rainfall. A lot of crops are under water! Wondering if the Gov't. is going to help out the farmers. They have been pretty stingy and cutting back a lot. Not sure what crop insurance covers or if it's a requirement for farmers to have.

  1590. #1590Truck Shop2026-07-26 21:33

    No requirement, but it does cover natural disaster from floods, draught right down to just plain crop failure from all sorts.

  1591. #1591Welder Dave2026-07-26 23:36

    Wildfires too but if you just have property you don't get any help from the gov't. at all.

  1592. #1592Truck Shop2026-07-27 22:56

    This field, same as above was started today. Tests on second load came back 10% protein 63 lbs per bushel, as it looks this field will be better than the one previous at 140 bushel per acre. He figures it might hit high 140's like 148. Because it's so thick the bines are running at slowest ground speed to allow it through the header/concave. Crazy amount of wheat that happened all because of the right amount of moisture & fertilizer, all based on three storms that produced a gentle rain lasting two days each time spaced equally apart. *

  1593. #1593HarleyHappy2026-07-28 12:05

    Have never seen fields like that!

  1594. #1594BC Placer gold2026-07-28 12:50

    Drove through that country a few years ago, really stunning!

  1595. #1595Truck Shop2026-07-28 23:14

    Average load {net} is 59,000 lbs on five axles allowed by field overload of 10% GVW at 80,000. Between his son {Brandon} and I driving two different trucks each we made 16 loads, 8 each. Which comes in at 944,000 lbs moved today. I have one {the 1981 International 4300 truck/trailer loaded for morning. I leave the house at 6 am {35 mile drive} and setting at elevator before they open the lanes so I'm first in, which helps because the wave of trucks at elevator doesn't effect me till noon. I stay in front of wave at least till then.

  1596. #1596Truck Shop2026-07-28 23:16

    This is a oddity of nature. Man can't live without nature, but nature can get by without man.

  1597. #1597Pops522026-07-28 23:26

    You looks like you are workin pretty hard for a retired ol coot…

  1598. #1598Welder Dave2026-07-29 03:44

    I think it depends on if he enjoys the work. Gives him something to do.

  1599. #1599Truck Shop2026-07-29 08:06

    I suppose so, but there are many same age and more. 75% of drivers are 55 plus. Columbia county roads are all narrow and rough, state route 261 from Starbuck to elevator is terrible, good thing it's only a distance of 5 miles each way. The trips in and out of fields is either up or down, the out road from field to blacktop is 16% or so and only used going out, another route through field going in. It's tiring.

  1600. #1600JaredV2026-07-29 16:38

    Sounds about like places we work, only less trees.

  1601. #1601Welder Dave2026-07-29 18:48

    Good on Truck Shop to keep on going and keeping busy despite some health issues. That's what I'm trying to do. Sitting around doing nothing ages you faster than keeping busy. Doing something you mostly like is the key. Still have some days you wish you stayed home though. When something breaks and you need crawl around and contort yourself to fix it sucks!

  1602. #1602Truck Shop2026-07-29 23:14

    At the start of harvest we were running through 1.5 miles of road construction. Rebuilding a bad section in a canyon, widened, new base material and so on. We had to run according to rules, no speed over 20 mph. Which I followed to the "T". One load on a Friday late afternoon they piece of equipment strewn the distance, the county overseer and contractor were having some sort of discussion next to a mini-ex when I passed by {down hill the entire way} with jake making noise, They decide to yell {slow down}--I was in 5th gear 4.33 ratio drives @ 1850 which nets 18 mph. On came the brakes, walked back asked what the problem was-- your going too fast. Explained, then pointed out their double standards, which caused veins to rise. Then was told {we are doing the farmer a favor by letting him use the road} I replied you aren't doing anyone any favors--Washington law--a construction project can't impede a adjacent land owners property---causing lost business. Fact. Then suddenly {crickets}. And I wasn't wearing hi-viz either, just walked away and continued down the grade at the same speed.

  1603. #1603Welder Dave2026-08-03 19:00

    I was driving up to an intersection on highway where they were doing some road work. About 100' before the intersection there was a big light board with a flashing arrow to the left. I came up to the intersection thinking I could turn left but a flag woman was waving me to go straight and yelling. I was confused and stopped. She was yelling like a sailor so I just floored it. I wanted to tell her the arrow sign is confusing. 99% of time when you have a flashing arrow it means to go that direction not straight ahead. I think it meant to stay in the right lane but it was right lane to begin with. She certainly could have acted in a more professional manner.

  1604. #1604Truck Shop2026-08-03 21:46

    Funny thing about that road construction job I posted about above. They spent massive money in widening, sloping hill sides, under shots, a massive amount of material that they brought a portable crusher in that ran for months, and yards and yards of guardrail---only to pave it with 1" of chip seal---because blacktop cost too much, not to bright in Columbia County.

  1605. #1605Welder Dave2026-08-05 16:33

    Oops, I got it wrong. It was to turn right. I was thinking of the usual way I turn to go down that road. I drove to the next turn off and then drove back to road I wanted to take.

  1606. #1606Truck Shop2026-08-08 22:39

    My last day was today hauling winter wheat, 2,100 acres plus with a average of all fields @ 109 bushel, I hauled roughly 126 loads average net of 56,500 lbs. Tare weight on the Freightliner & 40' trailer with two 100 gallon tanks 3/4 full is 27,300, some loads at 88,000 bumped 60,000 lbs net.

  1607. #1607Truck Shop2026-08-09 16:08

    And there is still 1800 acres of spring wheat left to cut, but will only average 79 or so bushel, I actually finished up hauling the first of DNS--hard red.

  1608. #1608Truck Shop2026-08-10 22:40
  1609. #1609Mr. Wrench2026-08-11 18:45

    Very nice video! You have probably drove a lot of trucks with a "four an a brownie". Tell us about the MACK triplex and Quadraplex.

  1610. #1610Pops522026-08-11 19:46

    That was a great video about the history of the box. If I was teaching someone how to drive the 2 box system, there would be a few other thinks to bring up. I never drove the Mack “plexes”, TS may have.

  1611. #1611Truck Shop2026-08-11 20:59

    Not much to tell, it was just Mack's versions of 5&3 or 5&4, made in single or double overdrive. Married gear boxes. Like most any combination like that there are many unusable gear combinations because of gear ratio overlap. One just has to operate one to get the full idea.

  1612. #1612Truck Shop2026-08-11 21:28

    A perfect combination is a 9 or 10 speed with a 4 speed auxiliary. The most common 10 speed today is the RTLO16210C. With a very low 1st and a overdrive of .74 in 10th. Combining a auxiliary with ratios of 1.59 deep under, 1.24 under 1.00 direct & .81 overdrive which makes it a progressive {even spaced ratio} auxiliary. It will provide a ratio in the ten speed when in 9th direct and aux in 4th over it gives a .81 overdrive in 9th instead of the long space between 9th direct 1.00 and 10th at .74 which causes a five hundred rpm drop between shifts. 9th in 4th OD is roughly in the middle with only a 275 rpm change.

  1613. #1613Pops522026-08-11 21:46

    I was pretty content with the 18918B with the 3:90/5:32.

  1614. #1614Mr. Wrench2026-08-11 21:53

    Did one of those have three levers?

  1615. #1615Mr. Wrench2026-08-11 21:55

    I knew a guy the had a KW COE (nonrunning). He said that it had a Spicer 4X4 in it.

  1616. #1616Truck Shop2026-08-11 22:22

    But what did it have for power, that's a late model box.

  1617. #1617Truck Shop2026-08-11 22:26

    No--the only Mack box with three levers was the 9 Speed Over Gear--A 5x3 with a high and low range also. *

  1618. #1618Pops522026-08-11 22:58

    That was in the 96 Pete. E model 455

  1619. #1619Mr. Wrench2026-08-12 06:14

    So that would be a Triplex with a high, low aux box? Was the Triplex under, direct, over and the Duplex under, direct, two over drive ratio? When would you use the high, low in the picture above?

  1620. #1620Truck Shop2026-08-12 09:21

    Those were built--like everything else at the time for off road moves. Horsepower/torque was low, lots of gears, very low ratio drive axles. No one was in a hurry back then, everyone is in a hurry now, everything should be done these days in the same time frame as placing a order at the golden arches. And the byproduct of that--is crap, cheaply built crap that costs arms & legs. Not that the mindset back then was better or products were better, just the fact people had more patience--you had to, with equipment of that era. There was no "road rage", that came into play with the invention called the "cell phone". It's all about speed " I want it and I want it now", how dare you drive that slow piece of crap on "my highway".

  1621. #1621Pops522026-08-12 09:49

    Im glad I got to drive in the period of time i did. I want no part of it these days. “Over my shoulder, a backwards glance”

  1622. #1622Truck Shop2026-08-12 12:57

    Yes--and very hard to explain to anyone under 56, 56 because it's a nice number.

  1623. #1623Truck Shop2026-08-12 12:58
  1624. #1624Deere500a2026-08-12 20:26

    Dallas ice storm 02/03?, days past of 8/10 HOS. 90's Cummins /Detroit 60 good engines,power & fuel economy 2 gpm better than a Cat

  1625. #1625Welder Dave2026-08-13 01:42

    Wow, 2 gallons per minute is a fair amount more fuel. Did you mean MPG?

  1626. #1626skyking12026-08-13 02:03

    This was hiding behind a stack of pallets at the shingle mill yesterday.

  1627. #1627Truck Shop2026-08-13 21:04

    4070--those had issues of cracking cab at rear mount, bet the inside smells of mold living near the rain forest.

  1628. #1628Mr. Wrench2026-08-13 21:10

    Probably a mouse hotel to.

  1629. #1629Truck Shop2026-08-13 21:14

    Left last night at 10 pm. for Albany Or, tow one down tow other back, 691 miles round trip. Stopped this time and took a nap at Rufus on way back. But what I find interesting is the traffic--it hasn't changed one damn bit with cost of gas/diesel. I-5 plugged, I-84 most traveling at 75, diesel pickups mashed to the wood pulling travel trailers, trailers full of gas burning toys, One semi after another, a steady stream running LTL. It wouldn't matter if gas was $10 a gallon, nothing will put a dent in americans life styles of burn it while you can.

  1630. #1630Truck Shop2026-08-13 21:16

    Wood rat, aka pack rat.

  1631. #1631John C.2026-08-14 15:31

    Only a shortage or a politician will change traffic habits. Don't get too used to the good life.

  1632. #1632Truck Shop2026-08-14 15:36

    good life?

  1633. #1633BC Placer gold2026-08-14 15:37

    Amazed (not…) the excessive speed on our 520km (mixed hwy) route. This with diesel @ $2.34/l. Gas $1.76/l Just as you describe…

  1634. #1634RedTruck11002026-08-18 18:07

    My sons 1964 International. He bought it from a fellow in Brentwood Bay, B.C. earlier this summer. It has a 264 inline 6 with a 4 speed and a two-stick transfer case.

  1635. #1635kshansen2026-08-19 14:14

    Forget what dad had back in the day, it was either a 1954 or 56. It was a retired phone company truck. It cam with the utility body but he took that off and put on the box from his old Chevy pick up. Phone company rules at the time required their dark green truck be painted a different color. We bought what we thought would be a tan color paint but it came out half way from tan to pink! Painted in in driveway with a spray paint attachment that came with mom's vacuum cleaner.

  1636. #1636mowingman2026-08-19 15:54

    I remember those spray attachments. Dad had a spray paint attachment that came with their Electrolux vacuum cleaner. He used it several times and I seem to remember it worked well.

  1637. #1637td14steve2026-08-20 06:19

    Redtruck those early 60's ih pickups are my favorite pretty sparce here in the northeast.

  1638. #1638Coaldust2026-08-20 10:19

    Fun picture of a Lynden rig going through the Port of Entry into AK near Tok. Supposedly in the 70’s. Rocking the drom box. Thinking about the beating he must have endured in that cab over.

  1639. #1639HATCHEQUIP2026-08-20 10:37

    So we will have a shortage of politicians if they lay down in the road and this will affect traffic habits. ................,,,,,,,,,I dont see the problem

  1640. #1640Coaldust2026-08-20 11:58

    Speaking of politicians and traffic, my favorite owner-operator garbage truck driver is leading in the recent guvna race primary. Whoduthunkit it? Which reminds me to take the can to the curb.

  1641. #1641Mr. Wrench2026-08-20 17:35

    What was the drom box used for?

  1642. #1642Deere500a2026-08-20 17:38

    What I think & only show the rear of the KW is it a ant eater is that way no whole pic?

  1643. #1643Coaldust2026-08-20 18:10

    That’s where they put the freight, back in the old days.

  1644. #1644Coaldust2026-08-20 18:12

    The back side is the pretty side.

  1645. #1645Deere500a2026-08-20 18:36

    Owning a landfill & trucking business she could be sweet cutting red tape & taxes as gov.

  1646. #1646Coaldust2026-08-20 19:05

    All joking aside, that’s the general consensus and hope is, She will surround herself with capable people that can get us over the final hurdle to push the $50 Billion Glenfarne LNG project. Our current Guvna has blown the deal. Nothing is gonna happen until fresh leadership takes over. So, everyone stand by. We’ll still need those Gulf coast pipe-liners next spring.

  1647. #1647Truck Shop2026-08-20 21:08

    That's alaska stuff--nothing to do with, even on the fringes of old trucks.

  1648. #1648Coaldust2026-08-20 21:20

    Sorry Truck Shop. I’m out of line. We’ll be turning a bunch of new trucks into vintage trucks, very soon.

  1649. #1649Deere500a2026-08-20 21:32
  1650. #1650Truck Shop2026-08-20 22:11
  1651. #1651RedTruck11002026-08-21 11:17

    We like the 60's and the 70's. My dad bought a new 200 Series Camper Special in 1974, we still have it. Some of the nicest, rust free ones I've seen have come from eastern Washington and Oregon.

  1652. #1652Truck Shop2026-08-21 21:20

    And those are starting to get thin. Anglers from the midwest have been cruising around buying up 50's thru 70's pickups.

  1653. #1653Truck Shop2026-08-21 21:22

    Trip to Ontario today, very hot. Tire carcasses everywhere, mobile service trucks and tow trucks all over I-84. The one I went to get lost a turbo.

  1654. #1654td14steve2026-08-22 06:52

    I think here in NY the stared rusting on the lot those early pickups always har the tops pf the fenders above the headlights rotted through.

  1655. #1655Truck Shop2026-08-22 07:51

    And to the point--VW bugs and vans of 68 and down are pretty much gobbled up. Three years ago a group from CA/AZ came through door to door buying any and all they could nab. A crapped out 1966 21 window or any 21 window, single and quad cab bus will fetch 20K plus.

  1656. #1656RedTruck11002026-08-22 08:47

    Yes they sure are. 406 Garage in Oregon has found a lot of nice old trucks.

  1657. #1657Truck Shop2026-08-23 06:12

    made it a rule to never associate or do any business with anglers. I tend to stay away from vehicle shows, only one a year if that, paying admission to look at old stuff held together with polish.

  1658. #1658RedTruck11002026-08-23 18:16

    If an angler has something that I have been looking for that is hard to find I will usually step up and try to make a deal, they were just a little luckier than than I was. Most vintage vehicle shows around here don't charge spectators admission yet but that might change one day.

  1659. #1659Truck Shop2026-08-23 18:21

    Average price is 10 bucks for truck shows, street car shows are mostly free.

  1660. #1660RedTruck11002026-08-23 18:24

    Would that be for an ATHS type of show?

  1661. #1661Truck Shop2026-08-23 18:30

    Absolutely.

  1662. #1662RedTruck11002026-08-23 18:36

    I haven't been to one of those shows yet but I would probably pay at least once to see all the trucks. Maybe pack a lunch though.

  1663. #1663Truck Shop2026-08-23 20:14

    For that---you would need to drive to Brooks Ore, Northwest Truck Museum. It's probably just finishing right now--last week in August every year. Largest.

  1664. #1664RedTruck11002026-08-23 20:17

    Thank you, I will make a note of that show for next year.

  1665. #1665Truck Shop2026-08-23 21:50

    To state the reason,, cars, trucks, motorcycles or whatever, in many many cases has become a egotistical drive for perfection of extreme proportions. Paint, interior, body fit, under hood, under body, engine has gone way past original from factory standards. People throwing what ever pile of cash it takes to be number one is beyond absurd. It has infiltrated class eight to the point of stupid. The one who shows up with just {nice} not perfect {and was actually involved in the trucking industry at some point in their life} to me is the truck for attension. Too many these days of hobby truckers--are like collecting baseball cards and knowing the stats----but never or couldn't play the game. Nothing wrong with owning--as long as keep quiet about something they have no real experience in.

  1666. #1666525isx2026-08-24 03:52

    I refer to them as "posers" or "wannabes"

  1667. #1667Truck Shop2026-08-25 19:29

    Was just out moving the sprinklers & spraying weeds when a 99 black F350 stopped by my fence, my neighbor four houses down. Hadn't seen him in about two and a half years. He and his dad ran the automotive machine shop here in town {G&G Machine} for ever. I knew his dad passed away this last June, and I knew Greg had some real bad health issues. He closed the shop 2.5 years ago, two heart attacks, two strokes, and a battle with cancer, 67 years old--but he's moving. He did great auto machine work, started at 16 with his dad. His dad Gary started the business in late 40's, was well known for his Lincoln V12 flat head work, people sent him engines from all over. * Anyway it was kind of sad--Greg asked if I could stop by now and then to talk old cars, engines and all the racing stuff from years ago. I'm lonely as hell Mike, no one stops by, I would enjoy some company to break the boredom, I have coffee. * No problem I'll stop by Greg, it gets me out of the house. Two antiques setting on a porch.

  1668. #1668YT13002026-08-25 20:49

    @Truck Shop and you know..even some car shows are the same, do you want to look at a very original light truck with the small looking 4-/6-inline engine in it or a hotrod-restyled truck that has a too-new muscle car V8 in it with equally unusually big carburetor dish sitting on top of it as well? And can someone tell me why these expensive heavily-modified 2020's BMW sedan or equally newish just-as-garnish Camaro have to show up at a goddamn vintage show? Umm ummmmmm sorry I'm really offtrack now amn't I?

  1669. #1669Pops522026-08-25 21:28

    I could join in. I might be in Pendleton for a funeral in the near future…..

  1670. #1670Truck Shop2026-08-25 21:42

    Yes you could, but if Greg isn't up to it health wise, feel free to stop by anyway.

  1671. #1671Truck Shop2026-08-25 22:14

    A nice restoration, not perfect but nice. *

  1672. #1672Deere500a2026-08-26 10:42

    Some trucks look at & know it's going to hurt spending a day in driving. The area is rolling desert hills & west is all hard pulling up the serria mountains the weight of a single wide 20k+ lbs with GM's cheap 4 stroke n/a diesel & juice brakes sure it was a good time & guessing sat in the yard limited by the area. Pic looks to still have bias tires. Neat original C50 truck

  1673. #1673Deere500a2026-08-26 20:32
  1674. #1674Truck Shop2026-08-26 21:20

    And it died a natural death as a true dog of a engine.

  1675. #1675JaredV2026-08-26 23:36

    My dad's old boss ran them in dump trucks in the woods. When he couldn't get them anymore and was forced to switch, he couldn't believe how much better the 6V-53s were. To this day, Dad hates the sound of a 3208 because it reminds him of Toroflow.

  1676. #1676Truck Shop2026-08-27 05:06

    3208, toroflow, 8.2, 9L IH, all sour crap in V8 form.

  1677. #1677Truck Shop2026-08-29 14:34

    236K views · 7.2K reactions | The Truckline Its Own Drivers Bought, Then Lost! Pacific Intermountain Express was once one of the most recognizable freight lines in America — famous for its coast-to-coast routes, hard-working docks, and strange drome The Truckline Its Own Drivers Bought, Then Lost! Pacific Intermountain Express was once one of the most recognizable freight lines in America — famous for its coast-to-coast routes, hard-working... www.facebook.com

  1678. #1678Truck Shop2026-09-04 10:51

    A highly skilled tech performed this. *

  1679. #1679AMBMike2026-09-04 11:09

    That right there is thinking outside the box. Way, way outside...

  1680. #1680Truck Shop2026-09-04 12:47

    Normal really, not surprising.

  1681. #1681JaredV2026-09-04 13:02

    I've never been around disc. What are we looking for?

  1682. #1682Truck Shop2026-09-04 15:58

    Tension springs go underneath retaining bar, not over it.

  1683. #1683Truck Shop2026-09-07 18:10

    Moved this over here. * Trouble with mains and auxiliaries--too much rotating inside a box plus linkage. When Fuller Bros designed the Roadranger it wasn't without issues. But over time it became the most reliable transmission as a air operated manual. The old single countershaft auxiliaries were good to about 325 hp, anything beyond that and too much pressure on countershaft. Then came the AMOO/Spicer twin counter shaft 1241C & D followed by the 1750 higher torque rated models. Good units but by then Eaton/Fuller had the lions share of business, simply because of the Interstate system & inner city driving. But this is all known, I wrote nothing new.

  1684. #1684Truck Shop2026-09-07 18:35

    Eaton made it's biggest improvement following the 15713 in 1991. That's when Eaton came out with the high torque design which 95% of it was relegated to the rear section. All of the early models such as a 9513 up to past 14613 the splitter for the top four gears was located at the rear of back section on output shaft, preselecting would kill it {wear out shift fork}. Plus the countershafts used ball/roller bearings. In my photos below are arrows pointing to a RTLO18913A rear section splitter parts/pieces. Note the splitter drive/auxiliary drive gear as it's called is attached to front section main shaft and showing shift fork plus tapered {Timken} counter shaft support bearings. By moving the splitter to the front section it allows pre-selecting without damaging shift fork by using a full size sliding clutch which earlier models didn't have, plus the use of tapered bearings and setting a bearing pre-load allowed for much higher torque ratings. *

  1685. #1685Truck Shop2026-09-09 19:37

    Can remember this as a kid in early 60's. *

  1686. #1686Truck Shop2026-09-20 22:36

    Three I photo'd at local show Saturday. *

  1687. #1687Mr. Wrench2026-09-21 08:08

    I like that age of the older W900's. Looks like a nice service truck to.

  1688. #1688Truck Shop2026-09-21 08:26

    Get rid of that visor & cow hauler stacks, it would look even better.

  1689. #1689Deere500a2026-09-22 10:19

    Rare clean odd ball with a 855 & 13spd. Speaker box first to go.

  1690. #1690Pops522026-09-22 12:06

    I really liked my old 5x4 but when I got the 18 speed in the 96 model I was hooked! And with the DT-461P with 5.32/3.90, I had it all.....

  1691. #1691Truck Shop2026-09-22 12:54

    Any of the high torque Eaton's are much smoother shifting than previous models. Combined with a Cat, real smooth.