Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any big Gehl (7600/7800) guys out there?

ironjunkie ยท 2011-10-22 19:28

My boom is getting kinda sloppy on my 7800. Wondering if it's usually pins and bushings or the bushings only, I know that Gehl doesn't call them bushings but you know what I mean. Is it a hateful job? Thanks for any help.:usa

Replies2
  1. #1icestationzebra2011-10-22 22:21

    I don't know about the 7800 specifically but most of their bushings are of the split ring variety, and they aren't too bad to pound out. Some bores use one bushing on either side, in which case you can pound them out with a long drift. If there is only a single bushing in the bore what I do is slide a new bushing on the pin, insert the pin into the old bushing, and pound the old bushing out with the new one. (Just make sure you don't damage the head of the pin) ISZ

  2. #2Haddy2011-10-30 14:15

    Hi ironjunkie . What sort of run are getting out of your 7800 ? That size machine can really haul arse can't they ! Haddy