Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any body familiar with Deere 244J

lvvfarms ยท 2010-09-11 09:58

This spring I bought a 244J with high hours (7700) and the engine needed to be rebuilt. Now the engine runs great but wondering about the hydro. When takeing off from standing still if you push the pedal all the way down the engine runs right up to 2840rpms but the hydro speeds up more gradually. Another thing I noticed is while driveing down the road the speedometer shows 22mph (don't know if its acurate) and then when climbing a hill the motors rpms stay at 2840 but the machine slows down to 14mph. I would have thought the motor would also pull down with the hydro so that is why I am wondering if my hydro is also getting weak. While doing work with it the hydro will spin the tires while pushing into dirt pile but it is the same thing where the motor never pulls down. I know I should bring it in to get the presure checked but it's over 2 hrs away and really don't have the time right now so I just wanted to check on here for some other experience with these machines.

Replies0

No replies yet.