Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any clues on this roller??

Dartman_hd · 2021-03-07 20:48

Hey everyone, I know it’s not a big roller, but I just wanted something to give the driveway a little love. Gave about scrap price for it (maybe that’s where it will end up? ). Just wondering if anyone has any info on it? It has an old cast iron Kohler motor which needs a little love. I think it’s missing the drive that turns the shafts on top of the front roller for vibration. If anyone has any pics or ideas to fab something up would be great. Hopefully the pics will show up. Thanks much.

Replies7
  1. #1Dartman_hd2021-03-08 23:45

    I have found the part I need in a pic. It’s hard to see but I circled it. Any ideas?

  2. #2skyking12021-03-08 23:56

    I searched the web for anything I could find, and all I got was the auction where you got this machine. Hopefully someone has an idea for you.

  3. #3repowerguy2021-03-09 05:50

    Looks like a Raygo Rebel knockoff.

  4. #4Dartman_hd2021-03-09 08:36

    Ya, doesn’t seem like much info out there on them. Really I was just looking for a better picture of the circled part that drive the small rollers on top of the drum so I could fab something up. I really doubt there are any parts out there. Ain’t nothing to it but to do it! Thanks guys.

  5. #5Dartman_hd2021-03-09 16:57

    Here’s a little better picture of what I need. It kinda looks like it has some sorta clutch on it. Any ideas as to what I could substitute in there?

  6. #6MarshallPowerGen2021-03-09 19:19

    That's quite a bit missing. Can't tell if that was supposed to use a pully with a clutch, or if that level just released the belt tension from the pulley. If you're looking to fab something up, might be able to use something like a PTO mag clutch from a Simplicity tractor and control it with a switch instead of the lever.

  7. #7Dartman_hd2021-03-09 20:21

    I think the fab route will be the only way to go. I see what your saying. A pto clutch,shaft, block bearings and another pulley. See no reason why it won’t work. Awesome, now I have a plan.... told the wife it wasn’t a waste of money.