Looking to buy some hydraulic hoses from Quality Farm Supply and wondering about the hoses. Are they just cheap, low quality or a good grade of hose. Thanks for any comments.
IME, the hoses sold by our local chain farm stores (TSC & Quality Farm & Home) are of the lower pressure imported variety. Fine for an old farm tractor, not what I would use on a new high pressure application. Ed
Do the math. What is the cost difference between a good hose and a cheap one? every time I have gotten a cheap hose the rubber rots away in 2-3yrs. do you want to replace it in a short time? if it sits outside it will not last long. What brand of hose are they made of? If its not Gates, Parker or a few other quality brands you will be wasting money and time. In my humble opinion.
I don't know about the pre-made hoses but they sell both Ryco and Weatherhead bulk hose and fittings. Both are good quality hose companies.