I have been shopping around for a while now and have an opportunity to pick up a LB 330LX with about 9000hrs that is mechanically sound (no leaks, tracks with less than 1000hrs, a/c working). Dealer will perform all filter/ engine oil change, shim any loose pins, repack any leakly cylinders, add mechanical thumb and deliver for 55K. I do not need one this big as all I want to do is clear my land (lots of stumps and many trees still standing), redig my pond/fix the dam but 30-50000lb machines are hard to find in my area that are not completely worn out in this price range. I may put 500-600 hrs on it over the next couple of years running it on the weekends and evenings. What the goods/bads and am I crazy even thinking about one this big?
Link Belt makes wonderful machines. Great company as well.
Very good machines. The first 9000 hours of a 330lx should have been nearly trouble free for the original owner. That is a good buy for the money and those repairs....TIO
Well, I made the deal, will not get it for a few weeks while they get parts and the work done. Will take pictures next week and post. Hope I did not make a 78,000 lb mistake. It will be a awful big paperweight.
as long as you stay away from the soft spots you will probley be happy with it
I think you will be very pleased with your purchase! Well done!
I've got a nice SK250LC I may be parting with I think it's an 06 with manual thumb. And 5500ish hrs. Nice machine. If interested send me email [email protected]
Picture of my new toy...
Cool Deal that didn't take long. Congrats a new toy!
not trying to scare you but you din't tell us that it had a hammer on it you need to pay close attention to hyd pumps because hammers are deadly to pumps
That's what I was thinking. I had heard hammers are bad for excavators. But wasn't sure why
Hammer was not on it. Dealer wanted to sell me the hammer, notice the hoses are not attached. It has hydraulic quick attach and they were demo'ing how easy it is to change attachments. It sure would be easy to make some of my large rocks into smaller ones but I do not need it. If it did not sell to me they had another deal lined up to sell it with the hammer.