Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any Dealings With SkidsteerAttachments out of Washington

lectro88 ยท 2012-10-22 11:01

Well like some other things I have been researching and looking at spending a chunk of $$$. I have talked to all the TOP folks at all 3 different suppliers,(all in Wa.) And honestly I like all 3 places and their products. They all have different stories but also share a common Tye or design.(flail) In the end it has come down to $$$ and weight of attachment, and how much I "think" it will be used. Anyone have 1st. hand knowledge or know anything about these folks.

Replies8
  1. #1snocrete2012-10-22 19:49

    Purchased a log splitter attachment for my skid from them a few yrs back. Great price, delivered on time, and has been a well built/performing/problem free attachment.

  2. #2John C.2012-10-22 20:15

    There are more than three. The usual suspects I've dealt with are Weldco Beales (WBM), PSM, Highline Portofab (HPF) and CWS. Weldco Beales used to manufacture attachments in Tacoma but has since closed that facility and now only has an office where items can be ordered from. They manufacture all their attachments in Canada. PSM or Pacific Services Manufacturing has a plant in Malty just north of Bellevue. I haven't dealt with them in years so can't say how they are now days. Highline Portofab is a smaller company located less than a mile away from PSM. CWS I see a lot of in the north end of the state. I believe they have a manufacturing plant somewhere around Vancouver BC. I'm sure there are others but these are the people I have seen and dealt with over the years. I don't have much of a preference. All this stuff wears out over time. I've seen catastrophes on all makes for various reasons. Make your best business deal and go from there. Make sure to let us all know your choice and how well the product works out for you.

  3. #3lectro882012-10-24 11:17

    Thank you for all the great info. John C. I did look at the places you listed, and I only found 1 flail rotary cutter and it was for larger equip. I have looked at several cutters some made in Italy, ruled these out due to support and design. Seems in the circles I have searched, on this particular flail cutter 1 guy pretty much designed this unit and has moved about as I understand it. 1st I think he was at US Mower, then went to Rock Hound, now its called something else even, and now it seems he went to SkidSteerAttachments. This is the 3 I speak of. Now this is what I understand from what I have been told. And seems minor suttle changes have been made such as type or grade of steel, thickness of material for weight, type and diamater of drum, case drain or lack of, paint vrs powder coat. and sure I missed a few things but you get the idea. It has evolved as it traveled and seems it stayed pretty much same at its beginning place. Seems Permco is the common drive motor/pump. I'm not stuck on this particular unit, but it is my preferennce of all so far of all the options I've seen. its direct drive not belts and its less money, I don't see it as primary use but adequite for my needs.

  4. #4verano2012-10-25 03:05

    I have skid steers attachments if you need ,you would visit my homepage

  5. #5John C.2012-10-25 21:11

    Sorry, I didn't see the skid steer in the thread title. The mower I see the most of is the US Mower and as I recall the 68" wide one seemed to be common around here. I don't know enough about them to give you any insight.

  6. #6lectro882012-10-26 21:55

    No worries John C. I still find myself rereading my own posts and see so many "key" words or bits of info left out. I even seem to get the impression that I may have seemed defensive or offensive sometimes, and meant nothing of the sort. Heres another example... this mower is for a mini ex not a skid. it was odd to find such a cutter at a skid attach site. Another example where I forget you guys have not been looking over my shoulder the entire time. As always. I value and welcome all replies. Thank you again.

  7. #7Jim Dandy2012-10-26 22:16

    I dealt with them on a grapple and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

  8. #8Nolimit2012-12-18 20:37

    I have bought a flail mower for my mini ex from them and it's been awesome. I have a low flow one and it's great. Makes money every year. I have purchased a few other attachments from them as well and they were good to deal with.