Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any DIY video or explanation on how to put in new seals in Bobcat Combo bucket cylinder?

clydesdale6 · 2021-05-14 21:09

I have one cylinder that is leaky very badly. Can someone advise me on how to reseal this? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1gwhammy2021-05-16 07:34

    Usually the end the ram comes out of either has holes or slots to turn it out. It unthreads and it and the ram will come out. Then there will be a nut on the end of the ram so the head will slip off the ram. You will find seals on the inside and outside of the head that need replaced. Most videos on how to rebuild a cylinder will get you threw it. Just be sure to lay the seals in order as you take them out so you will know how they go back in. It's fairly easy if you have some mechanical experience.

  2. #2clydesdale62021-05-17 20:40

    Thank you. I see the holes on the end of the ram for a wrench. Should I just buy an adjustable clam style from Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/Royalo-Adjus...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

  3. #3barnbuilder2021-05-17 21:50

    That's what I bought when I rebuilt cylinders on machine