Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any ideas for a Hough Payloader 540 service manual?

UptownCharlie ยท 2018-07-12 01:44

Hi everyone, Like the title says I am looking for a service manual for a Hough Payloader 540. I don't have the s/n but I think it is somewhere in the mid 70s. Any leads are much much appreciated! Nathan

Replies6
  1. #1Mother Deuce2018-07-12 03:50

    We had one of those but it was later. I will see if the book is still around. If that is the original paint and stickers it may be a little later. Dresser acquired International in 82.

  2. #2UptownCharlie2018-07-12 12:15

    That would be amazing if you had books for this machine. I will be looking after this machine for a friend and we would be more than happy to pay you fair price for any literature. My poor buddy put 50k into it in the last couple years between a motor replacement (zero hr) and trans rebuild. Could have bought a decent 966 that one could actually get parts and books for

  3. #3Mother Deuce2018-07-12 18:00

    They are looking, don't get your hopes up... he passed away about 3 years ago and most of that material left not to long after he did. The son is checking. They weren't to bad a machine just had to get used to sitting on the wrong end of the machine I will call on Saturday and see if he had any luck.

  4. #4kshansen2018-07-13 07:34

    Just one place I might try if needing information on an old Hough/Dresser: https://www.hrparts.com/ I don't know if they do much with those brands but at one time they were one of the "Go To" places for used Hough/Dreser parts. Who know's they may have some old manuals they would part with?

  5. #5Mother Deuce2018-07-14 14:04

    Uptown Charlie, Sorry to say he could not find them. he believes they went when the machine did. I will keep looking also

  6. #6UptownCharlie2018-07-15 09:26

    Ok thanks alot MD I appreciate you and everyone's input. I will keep scowering eBay. I sure hope I can find some manuals. Feel much more confident knowing what the manufacturer has to say about the machine.