Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any Interesting Demo Jobs Going This Summer?

Wolf ยท 2012-07-22 01:07

Anybody have any interesting demo jobs going this summer? What type of structures? Any worthwhile salvage? Post some pictures of the demo too if you can. Thanks. :cool2

Replies20
  1. #1Deere500a2012-07-22 03:12

    There was a 4 story house demo in Belvedere next to Tiburon 4weeks ago. I would like to see til the end.I was up there twice with the super dump(not for wieght but for our tall box)hauling out the remains of the house the frist week.Ferma had 3 excavators,Cat 301 inside gutting,3pc boom 330? Crushing,smashing & a 312 loading us. Said to be a $4mil dollar house knocked down by the neighbor for the view of the bay.The house was on a hill side,streets are narrow,the drive way had trench plate down to make it wider.so it was slow going all around but it was neat & the crew was good. No pic

  2. #2tuney4432012-07-22 08:29

    I had an awesome old body shop/boat repair garage I demo'd a few months ago.Stuff in there from another era--hah,actually my era!!LOL---Anyway,boxes of stuff piled up almost to the ceiling,I went through everyone to sort out all the different metals and stuff I was keeping.Took me about a week before I actually started the demo but it paid off in spades as I made about 8 full dump truck loads of various metal runs to the scrap yard.Among many other things I found a full 5 gallon can of cosmolene and many ''new'' gallon cans of Ditzler paint along with a 7 ''station'' Ditzler paint mixing set up. I'll try and post some pics from my smarty pants phone later if my brain can figure that out.

  3. #3Wolf2012-07-22 14:22

    Awesome. That was a big story tearing down a $4 million house for the view! Must be nice to be so rich. Belvedere has the highest per capita income in California--more than Beverly Hills, Bel Air etc. Anyway, Ferma is awesome, I've shot some pictures of their Doyle Drive job. Totally cool outfit. Must have been an awesome hauling job too. Thanks for reporting.

  4. #4Wolf2012-07-22 14:25

    Sounds like a pretty cool job, tuney443, and that it was worthwhile sorting out the materials left behind in there. Would love to see the pics when you get them off your "smarty pants" phone. All the best.

  5. #5KingRanch2012-07-22 21:25

    in ground steel pool. Supposedly it was built in place like they would build a pool on a cruise ship. Has anyone else seen an in ground steel pool?

  6. #6Mike Kelly2012-07-25 19:11

    http://www.holly.austinenergy.com/image-gallery/holly-plant-decommisioning/ Working there now. I mostly use a torch but run the Cat 330 and Komatsu PC300 every chance I get.

  7. #7mxsledder2012-07-25 19:42

    Which machine is better for demo out of the cat and komatsu?

  8. #8Mike Kelly2012-07-25 19:52

    I really can't tell much difference, both good machines. We have a grapple on the Cat and a shear on the Komatsu.

  9. #9CM19952012-07-25 19:55

    That's a first for me. Really like that 315 with hyd thumb, nice machines.:thumbsup

  10. #10L&W2012-07-29 13:49

    This is a big one. Not sure what size machine to use on this one Maybe just sneeze.

  11. #11CM19952012-07-29 15:56

    Nothing less than a 385 with a processor, 973D for clean-up and a D6N to grade.:tong

  12. #12Wolf2012-07-30 02:27

    That actually looks like a pretty old garage you are going to wreck. Could just imagine the Model A pulling out of it. Look at how the doors open sideways, not like your typical overhead garage door nowadays. Neat structure. Have fun tearing it down with your "big machines." Or is it gone already?

  13. #13L&W2012-07-30 07:42

    Still there. Thinking about making a video when it comes down.I'm going to time it and see how fast i can pull it down and load it out.Have to remove slab/footings(if there are any) and topsoil, seed. Funny,my wife tells me the town called and told me to call them to see if I need a permit. CBYD must be contacting the towns now when calling in a dig/markout.Big brother

  14. #14Wolf2012-07-31 03:23

    How old is it? Like from the 1920s it looks. Love to see the video. What kinda machine you gonna use to demo it?

  15. #15L&W2012-07-31 09:27

    Checked town tax data base and found out it was built in 1936. Be using the mighty 335.

  16. #16thodob2012-08-25 10:23

    ** Decom and an another company have designed a method to drop windmills with a almost 100% accuracy; see here . Video camera is located 1,5m from the estimated spot the windmill to hit.

  17. #17Turbo218352012-08-25 15:23

    I have an odd desire to torch a windmill. Wonder if you can notch it, and cut it down like a tree?

  18. #18mitch5042012-08-25 15:52

    How did you drop it?

  19. #19joispoi2012-08-26 03:24

    How old was the windmill and why was it removed?

  20. #20thodob2012-08-26 10:22

    Turbo; just remember the size and its being designed for wind (you would never fell a high brick chimney by hand chisseling??) Mitch; company secret joispoi; not sure, demo wind mill, 82m tall, 450t