Does anyone know if there are still any Mack M series haul trucks still around. Doubtfull any still working, but how about collectors? I've never been able to see one of those Mack-Pack 120 ton all wheel drive articulated bottom dumps either. Anyone have any details. I know they did use V16 Detroit Diesels and were produced from 1960 to 1979. Apparently they even built them in the Oakville Canada assembly plant.
Heres one for sale. http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1814270&guid=C3E16F42183545F5BC7467254768EC4F
There is one in use everyday at the Suzio-York Hill quarry in Meriden, CT along with an Euc and two new-ish Terex's. No pics of my own, but if you look on their site, there are some small pics of it on the left side on some of the pages. http://www.suzioyorkhill.com/
Thanks guys I didn't think there'd still be any in service I tried talking my wife into letting me buy the one for sale for a lawn ornament, but she just doesn't understand the value in a high class ornament:beatsme That Suzio-York Hill site has some nice die cast collectable toys for sale eh?
Hey Stretch, are you anywhere near T.C.& Sons Trucking's yard in Milldale?
Milldale's a little part of Southington, but sorry, I haven't heard of T.C. & Sons. There are more owner-operators around here than I can count.
Paystar, if you go to brockwaytrucks.org then click on message board and then brockway trucks discussion and click on the 2007 Washington county fair topic there is video of an M series pulling a sled. Sorry I couldn't just give you the direct link.
T.C. & Sons is a trucking and brokerage company with 5 of their own, and around 20 owner.op.'s leased to them. They have a big yard just off the road to the truck stop across from the Milldale post office kind of. The owner has a big jade green/greyish "Super Truck" Peterbilt with a 110" ICT sleeper all dressed out, hard to miss that thing. You'll always see a bunch of flatbeds and stepdecks loaded with that blue rigid foamboard insulation in the yard. Just wondering if you were near there, that's all.:thumbsup
Yeah, I'm a mile or two from that area...is it that yard behind the big brick factory building (Clark Bros. Bolt Co.)? (And to avoid threadjacking...I couldn't find much info on the M-Series on Google...I think there was one for sale in Massachusetts that I saw a few months ago but iI couldn't find it again. :beatsme)
That video was awesome :notworthy. I turned the speakers right up for that one. Cool old M series and those V12 Detroits sure sound good. Thanks for pointing that one out.
Yea there is a company in Massachusetts with m50ax,M35x,andM35ax's still running they have about 12 all togrther
There are 2 i know of still operational in connecticut. One has a 671 detriot and the other has a Mack V8 864 motor (i believe). I think they're both M30s?
We still have a running one here in SC i believe its an M35 with a 12v71 getting to be very difficult to get parts for it. they offered 4500 trade in value 2 yrs ago.
Where in MA is this outfit?
That was a great vid! Gotta love hearin those Detroits scream. $4500 trade in on a truck that size?!? Two years ago i bet it would have been worth almost 4 times that in scrap. Lowbow, i know of T.C. My buddy runs a shop in the building across from where they park their trailers. That green Pete is cool but i think the guys down the street at SRS trucking have 'em beat
Direct link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFjrjAHFjOE
m trucks Walpole ma they have a few locations