Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any one who replaced only one side of final drive for your excavator?

Jay in black · 2025-01-09 04:03

I wonder if any one replaced just one side of final drive for excavator. If yes, let me know how you've handled in case of speed dispartiy. Would there be a way to adjust the final drive speed by controlling hydraulic system other than adjusting track tension, etc. Cheers.

Replies6
  1. #1Cliffy2025-01-09 04:31

    Just hold levers in different positions. Worked for most excavators I’ve operated.

  2. #2aongheas.macask2025-01-09 07:31

    It's common to replace a faulty final drive on One side, this should not affect speed, the speed is determined by the hydraulic motor that drives the final drive.

  3. #3Vetech632025-01-09 07:38

    Just make sure you put the right ratio final drive in replacement of your old 1.

  4. #4Nige2025-01-09 09:28

    Question: Was the machine tracking straight (or approximately so) before you replaced the one final drive.?

  5. #5BC Placer gold2025-01-10 11:44

    We bought a Deere 50d a few years ago (fairly high hours- 7800). Previous owner had replaced one final; obvious as has a different cast housing… The machine has a slight but noticeable (and annoying) pull to one side. Made me wonder if the ratio was slightly off…

  6. #6davo7272025-01-11 19:04

    I have same thing on my Case CX130, one final assy was replaced right before I got the machine, the other I assume is the 5900 hr original.