Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any thoughts on the new Hitachi wheel loaders.

Tags ยท 2024-04-04 19:59

Just curious if anyone has heard good, bad, or otherwise with the new Hitachi loaders. I believe Hitachi bought Kawasaki. They look fairly well built. Was looking at a ZW140 or 150 for loading mulch. We currently have a Kawasaki 65ZIV that works well with about 9500 hours on it. I know the Kawi is an incredibly simple machine compared to anything new. We are looking for something slightly bigger that would be easier loading larger trucks and stockpiling the material. The Kawi does not need to be replaced right away and is still in good condition, just starting to do some research on other loaders now.

Replies5
  1. #1Catsparky12024-04-05 18:39

    A company in Lake Tahoe had 2 of them last year . They don't have them anymore . Why I don't know .

  2. #2512high2024-04-06 14:03

    Well I'm in New Hampshire, Chappell equipment , Milford NH is a dealer, I know a few landscapers that have the small ZW-60 & 80, and use for landscaping and snow removal and love them, they said so much cheaper then Deere or Cat. I looked inside one, Cat/ Deere seem so much more modern.

  3. #3FWD2024-04-09 11:26

    If they are not modern because of lack of electronics, that's the kind of equipment I would be interested in. All modern equipment is fine until some little electronic problem can create a big problem. FWD

  4. #4512high2024-04-09 16:21

    I was referring to the inside ,maybe it was me, but the ones I looked in, seemed not as "refined" as CAT/DEERE/CASE.....I'm sure they have modern electronics.....

  5. #5JD Treat2024-05-02 10:01

    We run 3 of the 150"s and a 180. The biggest issues we have had are the DEF systems. And problems with the cheap made latch system on the steering wheel tilt. He have noticed on cold days they take a long time to warm up before the brakes will release. All in all for the price not a bad machine