I bought a new 46 inch multiquip power trowel at auction. the guy bringing it to load with a forklift, dropped the trowel off the pallet it was sitting on( as he was carrying it on the forklift) and it dropped to the ground from a foot or two of height. I got it home and tested it on a floor, and there is a slight wobble to the machine as it runs. Is there suppose to be any wobble at all? I've never actually ran a trowel so just wondering. One of the trowel blades has a slight bend up on the end. I'm thinking one of the arms bent? The guy said he would get me new blades but I'm wondering if that won't fix the issue.
I've never run one myself, but watched plenty in operation and they all seemed to have a bit of a wobble to them
They should run flat with no wobble probably did bend something.
I used to own 36" Multi-Quip power trowel. Mine had no wobble when it was running. Yours most likely needs a new trowel arm. Maybe all of them need to be replaced. Look closely at the spider for damage also. That is the bracket the trowel arms are inserted into. Do not replace just one blade. They all have to match each other.
Using a micrometer and picking a fixed point on the cage, and then turning the rotor so I could measure the distance from cage to arm end at the same cage point, I'm getting about 2 to 2.5mm variation in height at all arm ends. Is that enough to cause issues? And from running it on a wet hard floor, the machine seems to kick a little towards me everytime a certain blade comes around.
That's what I'm afraid of...a bent spider.
I for one cannot offer any help on how much variation is acceptable on the arm ends. Did you replace the blades ? There should not be any "kick" towards you. Mine ran nice and steady. Either in one spot or when it was moving across the slab.
There should be a constant resistance on control arm/handle at all times. You will know if it works or not once you start trolling.
Took the whole blade and spider assembly off. Can see the shaft wobble when spinning. Guy said to bring it back....
Must have been quite drop. Is he going to repair it or refund your money ? Engine crankshaft bent ?
He said they would fix it. The shaft is part of the gearbox.. Not engine. It looks like a 1 inch shaft. I figured the arms would have bent first.