Love to see some pictures of good demolition jobs in action Post your pictures and machines here. Thanks.
We're tearing down 3 apartment buildings, I can't figure out how to post pics. Is there a way to do it straight off my phone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_tPe9SAf8 about and hour and eight minutes in, yours truly in the 350 tripping out the last span standing with a 330 working the other side
Love it. Great video Turbo, and cool power move by you in the 350. Nice work, man.
I've got some pictures of some demo's over the years, I'll try and find some pictures.
We have a job tearing down 3 apartment buildings, this is the third and final one
Beautiful. That looks like some serious wrecking going down. Are you the operator? Using a grapple exclusively? Nice job, man.
Yes we're doing it all with the 320 with thumb. I'm in the hoe most of the time, boss drives the roll-off hauling debris. One 1 ton dump for steel, another one for the aluminum. Fun stuff.
I'm doing a large commercial building right now. It was very challenging with it being inches away from a main power pole and a phone and tv cable.
this is an awesome wrecking job. Love the pictures of the building ripped wide open--staircase just hanging out in the open. Is the whole place down on the ground now?
wow, very cool mxsledder. YOu got any pictures of that commercial wrecking job? How did it work out with the utility poles so close?
If you can let me know how to post pics from my phone I have several I could share.
Here's a video I though was worth a share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAqXmmVn-Q
Here are some pictures of an old Victorian style house we took down last winter.
That is a classic demo job. Don't get to wreck stuff like that any more. How old was the house? What machine did you use? Did they salvage anything or trash it all?
The house was a little over 100 years old. We saved a few skids of the exterior brick and scrolled mouldings. There are developing the area and put a Lowes in behind it. Someone is supposed to take all the stuff we saved and build a gazebo out of it. I will be interesting to see what they come up with.
While not as cool as destroying that old house I've been crushing up modular buildings (commercial mobile homes) and shipping the frames back to a factory who puts new buildings on them for the past 3 years. Ive done around 2500 of them so far.
Kind of sucks that they destroyed that beautiful old house to build a big box Loews. But I guess money talks, **** walks, and the house is now history. Must have been fun to wreck it though. What machine did you use? How long did it take you to wreck it?
We haven't done much since scrap iron prices fell
We used a John Deere 350 with an H&H hydraulic thumb. It only took a few hours to level the house but we were on site for a little over a week. We only have 1 roll off truck to carry garbage and 1 dump truck to haul concrete.
How did you get a contract like that? I'm a demolition contractor on the west coast near Salem Oregon, I'd love good repeat work like that. Thanks
Luthi, that's a 7 year old post and that poster has not been back for almost 7 years now.